TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Creating a Mission for Thief 2

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2014 View Post
    Also want to say thanks and expressmy interest in this as a pdf file.Also wouldlike a link to kromags tutorial.
    http://www.keepofmetalandgold.com/

http://www.shadowdarkkeep.com/videos.htm

PDF anyone ? I would like these Files in PDF. I Tryed Chrome with the Extension and it does the job but not well cuts images in 2,leaves adverts in pdf etc etc

I`ve made an PDF File. You can download it here http://www.file-upload.net/download-...icked.pdf.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
    I`ve made an PDF File. You can download it here http://www.file-upload.net/download-...icked.pdf.html
    Your a SuperStar Firehawk. I attempted to do this myself but couldn't find PDF Editor suitable. First one didn't work and the 2nd download I couldn't activate ! :/ What wares you using ? Id be interested as I would like to clean up your PDF even further !

Still as it stands its still much better than saving web pages

First i did what Yandros said i print every part of the site as an PDF with Google Chrome. Then i use PDF24Creator to copy all parts to one PDF File
    Last edited by Firehawk; 31st Jan 2014 at 05:50.

Thanks Firehawk. I've added links to the PDF from the tutorial.

I am an absolute beginner. I had a little problem with my dromed installation. Before discovering your tutorial (very nice), I had installed newdark 1.22 and dromed 1.22 without using Tafferpatcher. Dromed 1.22 started OK, but I found that the requisite lines in user.cfg were not present to modify the screen resolution, plus some other dromed parameters were missing. I then discovered that Tafferpatcher modifies user.cfg. To correct the wrong user.cfg, and perhaps other unknown things done with Tafferpatcher, I did the following:

Install Tafferpatcher for newdark 1.21 in my 1.22 folder.
    Include Tafferpatcher dromed patching in the above.
    Found the now-correct user.cfg file and edited screen resolution.
    Reinstalled newdark 1.22 from the newdark 1.22 installation zip.
    Reinstalled dromed 1.22 from the newdark 1.22 installation zip.

Apart from a fresh install with Tafferpatcher, was there a better way to obtain the correct user.cfg, and perhaps other unknown files that are provided or modified by Tafferpatcher? Clearly, the newdark 1.22 install is incomplete as it stands.

I might suggest including this scenario in your tutorial and mentioning that Tafferpatcher is required, if this is the case.

I've (finally!) been through my tutorial and updated a few bits. The main change is to recommend using FMSel with separate folders for each mission you create.

If anyone spots any inconsistencies or incorrect bits, please let me know.

As an absolute beginner (it's been 5 years since I last did something remotely worthwile in DromEd), is this tutorial my best shot if I wanna learn to build something for Thief Gold? I couldn't find a tutorial specifically for Newdark Dromed 1, and I reckon there are not many differences on a beginner's level.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    With NewDark, you're actually using the same exact Dromed in T1G, so it should be fine.

Some parts, like about installing Thief 2, obviously won't be completely relevant, but the functionality of Dromed is the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12