TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27121314151617

Thread: Are You Effing Kidding Me?

I remember a storybook with entire scenes and photos from Star Wars that weren't in the movie, although a few were added to the new edition. (Same with Raiders of the Lost Ark too, although that was a drawn comic iirc.)

Southquarter.com/fms
    Just saw some details on Disney's upcoming "Star Wars Land," sounds really cool. Doesn't open until 2019 though.

Disney’s upcoming “Star Wars”-themed lands at its Anaheim and Orlando resorts will be set in a “remote frontier outpost” that hasn’t been seen in any of the films in the franchise.

The company showed off artwork of the lands during a panel discussion at its Star Wars Celebration in Orlando on Saturday, and said the new location would be “somewhere on the Outer Rim — lying on the edge of the Unknown Regions.”

A post on the Disney Parks blog said:

“The remote village was once a busy crossroads along the old sub-lightspeed trade routes, but the prominence of the outpost has been bypassed with the rise of hyperspace travel.”
    Speaking at the panel discussion, Disney Imagineer Scott Trowbridge said it’s the kind of location that draws “the smugglers, the bounty hunters, the rogue adventurers looking to crew up, the people who don’t to be found ― basically all the interesting people.”
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0da2ff8618dfd

The company also revealed an image of what looked like a marketplace, which will likely be part of numerous merchandising locations:

A few years ago I was in the grand old bazaar in Istanbul. It looked similar, minus the dudes in alien rubber masks I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    I only grade things out of 5. 3/5 is average. Your 7/10 may mean the same thing to you, as people get awful upset if you say a film is 5/10, which is a fine score. 3/5 is easier to deal with and you don't need the extra nuance of 10 points on the scale. Imho.
    A good point, I would say a 5/10 is a just ok (50%), but I find I need a scale that has a larger percentage of low scores, 'cause I'm just a jerk that way.
    5/10 is just barely ok, 6/10 is better than average, 7/10 is good, good enough to recommend, but not great, 8 or 9/10 are pretty damn good, for sure good enough for a recommend and 10/10 would be the best movie I ever saw, everyone must see this.(so far I have none in this category) I would have to say at this moment in time that my most favorite movie would be Millers Crossing, and I would give it a 9.5/10 rating. I truly believe that it is a masterpiece, but that probably is just me. That should give you an idea of where I'm coming from, 'cause my opinion is so important.

Ron Howard confirmed as director for the Han Solo origin movie

Moderator and Priest
    Yeah, I heard about that yesterday. People are already saying that he should skip directing, and instead narrate the whole thing himself, Arrested Development style.

Moderator and Priest
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_587a3af6e417d.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	616.1 KB 
ID:	2358

I loved Star Wars, and I still like Star Wars, but I think origin stories are where I draw the line. At this point, I just can't imagine another actor portraying Han (or Lando etc.) and me getting into it, especially a largely unknown young actor who was born after the original trilogy. Han is Harrison Ford's character and watching somebody else try to channel Ford doesn't sound like something I want to watch.

Yeah, maybe so about Han. But Donald Glover (Community) as Lando Calrissian - this I would pay to see alone.

//But I'll probably download it anyway.
    Last edited by Kolya; 26th Jun 2017 at 19:07.