TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: The Random Game Thoughts Thread

Chakat sex pillow

The Random Game Thoughts Thread

What the title says. Consider this a radioactive dumping ground for all those terrible thoughts and ideas good sense wouldn't normally let you voice*, maybe even a few good ones if you happen to have them.

Today's observation: Please rename your app, Google. Whenever I see Tilt Brush on the Steam front page, my mind immediately renders the title to Tit Brush.

*For video games. For everything else, as has always been the case, there is CommChat.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I had an idea for a VR version of Flappy Bird yesterday. Not gonna share my amazing gamedesign ideas for it, but I can share the title I have in mind: FLAPPY BVRD

Mankind Dividend. Came away very disappointed once I realised my error that we weren't going to be getting the Deus Ex stock market sim we've all been dreaming of.

Thing What Kicks
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    FLAPPY BVRD
    You are all that is bad and wrong with this world

I'm watching Black Sails at the moment, after having watched Vikings. WHY AREN'T THERE MORE PIRATE GAMES?! I should really get around to playing Black Flag, shouldn't I?

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Today's observation: Please rename your app, Google. Whenever I see Tilt Brush on the Steam front page, my mind immediately renders the title to Tit Brush.
    If anyone needs a title for a bird grooming simulator, though...

Chakat sex pillow
    Sure, grooming. I was thinking of dipping them in paint and splatting them on a canvas, but this works too.

You need some kind of VR varient of Stilt Fella surely, just without the actual rocking or falling, or not much of it. Maybe if you were in a bot where you have to move individual joints (or a simplified variation on that theme) to get through an obstacle course path. He wouldn't fall, but he could get tangled up or going off the wrong way.

I have a lot of crazy ideas all the time.
    One was a scifi spoof of the Cold War where 60s style US and USSR are trying to colonize the galaxy and get different aliens to join their side.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I did try making a VR version of Stilt Fella, but I had to upgrade the project from Unity 4 to 5 and in doing so my finely-tuned physics settings got messed up. Tried readjusting it all but couldn't quite get it right, so I eventually gave up on it. I have, however, made good progress on VR versions of Trajectory and In Search Of Paradise. Next week I begin my 6 week summer vacation and I intend to finish and release them both in that time.

I was kinda bummed when "Plumber's Don't Wear Ties" had a bunch of people wearing ties in it.

I've always had this idea (and it's not only my idea) that it could somehow be possible to make a generic story-telling game, where the game procedurally puts plot elements together which the player interacts with, so there's a kind of collaborative storytelling between player and game-engine. I've seen a few games (more like "demos") that have tried things in this direction, none of them very satisfying that I've seen. But I think there's a concept for something really great, if only someone could figure out how to package it with mechanics that actually work.

Chakat sex pillow
    Yeah, I've had similar musings on a procedural story generator that starts off with a set of variables - characters, event and incident trains, and locations connected to them that the game picks out at random at the start and then sorts through matrices to funnel the story down to the endpoint.

While it was a fun momentary conceptualisation, the reality is it wouldn't be fun to code at all; given that machines can't string natural language together with any sort of improvisational logic, you'd have to write the code that governs safe combinations and exclusions, as well as the narrative for every available scenario combination, which is something that'd be ridiculously difficult for X number of variables. I'd much rather just do an old-fashioned Twine story with branching choices where you have definite control over the amount of ballooning out (and sometimes, like in the thing I'm working on right now, even that control isn't always going to make things easy).

Today's observation: maybe it's called Rust because even though everybody starts off naked, they have no idea that their dinguses and bazoongas are the better option to screw people with.

Wasn't there an attempt to do that many years ago? Could have sworn I read an article on that. If I remember right the attempt failed as the games ended up disjointed.

Chakat sex pillow
    Been quite a few, apparently. Google turns this up: http://wikis.sub.uni-hamburg.de/lhn/...tor_Algorithms