TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Is there a way to erase voices in the briefing videos ?

Is there a way to erase voices in the briefing videos ?

Long story short, I'm trying to make loops out of the sounds used in T1/T2 briefings videos... and the catch is I'm kinda challenged when it comes to audio manipulation.

Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks!

1st thing to try - stereo diff signal.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    The TG and T2 soundtracks by CoK might include some of the same sounds without the voices.

@Zoog Hmm sorry. How do I do that? Keep in mind I'm a real beginner with this kind of stuff

@Yandros indeed, but sadly he only did some of them and not all of them.

A difference between stereo channels, L-R. Voice is most times mono, so it cancels.

Most of the audio of the OM thief briefings can be recreated with the ambient sound files. If not exactly, you can at least come close.

Hey there.

For the sound track I used the Center Channel Extractor effect of Adobe Audition. It worked like a charm for the Thief 1 videos because the voice is pretty much 100% mono and 100% dry. Unlike the Thief 2 videos where the voice has a stereophonic reverb effect on it. For this case I layered the English and German videos in phase so English and German reverbs get mixed up and sound more diffuse. Also, sometimes a few mono sounds get lost too, but you can usually restore them from the SFX folder inside the snd.res file. Just use the multitrack editor to mix them in again.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Thanks for posting! I always wondered exactly how you did it.