TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 61116212631364142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1188

Thread: Tafferpatcher: unofficial complete patch for Thief 2

Desperately dodgy geezer
    That doesn't affect AI AFAIK.

Yes, it's on, but... how is it involved?

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Not at all.

When I try to stream via OBS I'm getting a black screen from the game, why? I had to enable windowed mode (which is actually a borderless window) by

; force game to run in windowed mode
    force_windowed

Southquarter.com/fms
    Here's another mirror for the latest TP:

http://www.southquarter.com/download...A_218_beta.exe

Two things. Am I the only one for whom the slowfall hotkey does not work? I've tried rebinding it and loading some of the default keybind sets, but to no avail. Not the biggest deal but sometimes I'd just like to bring it up quickly without having to scroll for it.

Eavesdropping. Another minor thing, but many of Garrett's lines sound echoey, particularly the ones relating to you picking up the wrong key. Which of course makes no sense since they are inner monologues so should all not have an echo. Just thought I'd mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigam View Post
    Two things. Am I the only one for whom the slowfall hotkey does not work? I've tried rebinding it and loading some of the default keybind sets, but to no avail. Not the biggest deal but sometimes I'd just like to bring it up quickly without having to scroll for it.
    Once you alter a keybind, make sure you save it. I typically name it My Binds. You probably know this, but I'm throwing the bone anyway.

Eavesdropping. Another minor thing, but many of Garrett's lines sound echoey, particularly the ones relating to you picking up the wrong key. Which of course makes no sense since they are inner monologues so should all not have an echo. Just thought I'd mention it.
    Are you running the EAX sound mode? Try turning it off and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    Once you alter a keybind, make sure you save it. I typically name it My Binds. You probably know this, but I'm throwing the bone anyway.

Are you running the EAX sound mode? Try turning it off and see if that helps.
    That's a little overkill considering EAX adds so much to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheWalrus View Post
    That's a little overkill considering EAX adds so much to the game.
    You're troubleshooting the problem. Turn it off. If the problem goes away you now know where to focus your fix.

Thanks for sugggestions. Turning off hardware mixing does seem to fix the echo problem in Eavesdropping. Just wondering what it is that makes the game think these lines should echo.

As for the slowfall key bind, saving the binds does not help. I have tried installing the GoG version with no other mods or patches, and even then, out of the box, the slowfall hotkey does not work (F4 IIRC). Nor when I have manually rebound it. Is this true for other GoG users? All other hotkeys work.

the lines are played from the actor, since the actor is inside an echoing environment they will echo. this is mostly a limitation with how eax is implemented.

for the key bind... do you actually own a slowfall potion? because in most missions you dont... so it wont select the potion.

In Eavesdropping I'm sure you can stand at the pulpit and frob the book to get a line, then frob the key underneath to get a 'wrong key' line. One echoes one does not. Will have to reconfirm though.

Yes, very definitely have a slowfall potion. Have had to manually scroll to get it because I can't get the hotkey to work.

Have now confirmed the pulpit thing. The book line does not echo but the key line does, despie standing on the same spot for both. As I say, not the biggest deal, but an error of sorts nonetheless.

Hi. It's my first post on this forum.
    I want to replay T2 with high textures mod and it sends me here for additional patching of the game. My question is this, is this patch is compatible with GOG version of the game?

Should my order of installations look like this:

Thief 2 Final 1.25
    TafferPatcher_TMA_218_beta
    Thief2HDMod0.9.5
    NewDarkGraphicsSettingsToolv1.0

Cheers.

Yes and yes.

Anyone else noticed a glitch with the 'find 5 bags of spice' objective in Shipping? It seems sometimes that the bag on Captain Davidson's belt will only count if you pickpocket it. If you pick it up after he has gone down and is lying completely still, then sometimes this won't register and you will need to find a 6th bag to complete the objective.

Wulfgar, also worth checking out is the SEEP mod which improves the audio quality of many sound effects. Not sure it matters when that is installed, but probably safest before Tafferpatcher.

Sound Issues

I have noticed that sound of my sword hitting a tapestry for example is a ton louder than voice or other sounds. This just started after I had to do a complete reinstall with latest tp. Is there any way to fix this?

Check the audio settings in the menu.

That was the first thing I checked but that's not it. There is only volume and anbient. Volume I keep all the way up and ambient is halfway. It still don't explain the sword sounds and etc being so much louder than others. Any other ideas?

Zombified
    change the hw acceleration around.

It stayed the same either way but may have been very slightly lower with hardware. But I can live wit it if nothing can be done.

With only the resource fixes installed I've noticed that unlit candle sticks are white instead of metal. Specifically, the Canstic2.bin file in the patchedres and then obj folder is causing this. It seems to be referencing a texture that is not available. CandleMet.gif
    The CanStick.bin references Chand3.gif so I assume it's supposed to be using that. I fixed this on my end by copying Chand3.gif and renaming it to CandleMet.gif.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    I have noticed that sound of my sword hitting a tapestry for example is a ton louder than voice or other sounds. This just started after I had to do a complete reinstall with latest tp. Is there any way to fix this?
    I just think T2 isn't as well sound-balanced as TG. Voices can aslo be too lound in comparison with other sounds. Soulforge is a bad offender. Stand too close to a machine and it can drown out nearby spiders say. And when Karras starts prattling, this too can drown out that nearby enemy. Best I could do was put the ambient sound down to a bit under a half of the master volume. Not perfect as the music can be too quiet, but helps with the drowning out.

Found a few floating objects in Precious Cargo:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...jJHR0dGS2xKc28

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 61116212631364142434445464748 LastLast