TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thief 5 In Development

Quote Originally Posted by redface View Post
    This article says the movie "will be set in the game’s dark fantasy world where a master thief tries to restore freedom, which has been denied by a magic-wielding tyrant". Good old trickster?
    Nah dawg. The trickster loves the freedom. He's a chaos / nature god opposed to the order of human civilization and the hammers. He's pretty cool with you as long as you don't go chopping down his trees.

https://twitter.com/DavidAnfossi/sta...072706/photo/1
    I take it this means that Eidos Montreal isn't developing it.

I expect the next game in the series to be called Thieve5...

Quote Originally Posted by PinkDot View Post
    I expect the next game in the series to be called Thieve5...
    LOL!

Thive

Southquarter.com/fms
    Predictably, they've changed the text on their Thief page. They removed the line that said "a fifth sequel is currently in development to be released in step with this motion picture adaptation."

http://www.straightupfilms.com/film/thief/

That doesn't necessarily mean it's not happening - maybe Eidos just got after them about announcing it before they could.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    That doesn't necessarily mean it's not happening - maybe Eidos just got after them about announcing it before they could.
    I find it interesting that the head of Eidos denies they have the team or budget in place to develop a new Thief game, but Straight Up Films is still developing a movie based on the series. Why make a movie if the franchise is dead? If the movie was cancelled they would have deleted the page, not updated it. I get the feeling Eidos will soon go the way of IO Interactive and SE has a different studio in mind for the series. After all, SE owns the rights, not EM. It could go to Crystal Dynamics, though that studio is likely busy with Tomb Raider and Marvel. Or... They are just blowing smoke until they are ready to reveal something.

Then there's also the option where I am obsessed and crazy and the series is dead until they reboot it in 20 years. FML!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    I find it interesting that the head of Eidos denies they have the team or budget in place to develop a new Thief game

They probably are making it, just lying to the public for now. They've done it before

fifth sequel? There are 5 thief games?

There are three Thief games, and one NuThief game...The three Thief games are set in the classic Thief Universe, and the NuThief game is set in the NuThief Universe.

It's a bit mean to wish ill on other people's projects, buuut kinda hoping the option runs out on this one

Thief 5 In Development