TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Necro Age 2.3 and T2X: Shadows of the Necro Age OUT NOW!

Zombified
    haven't checked, but I'm guessing no, as the hdmod flames have different gamesys setup (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by fetgalningen View Post
    How would one go about installing The Necro Age after installing a clean install of T2 and tafferpatcher? I've downloaded the 700+ mb zip file.
    I think it's a simple matter of unzipping the NecroAge.crf into Tafferpatcher's mod folder. Voodoo may correct me on this if I'm wrong. Following the directions in the readme also works...

Quote Originally Posted by Igor Kool View Post
    Hey guys, is it possible to use water from HD Texture mod while using the rest of the textures from Necro Age 2.2? Thief 2 in particular. Would somebody be kind enough to say which things I would need to replace.

Water type 5 in case wondering.

Edit: Ok I think I achieved something by replacing the files from hd mod in the necroage.crf since its an archive in essence.

Any chance to do this with flames? HD Textures has more detailed flames, which would be nice to see with NecroAge.
    Modifying the archive works for any and all textures one wants to change. Just make sure to also check that the corresponding .mtl file has settings that work well with your new texture. They're simply text files, so you can modify them with Notepad, or what have you.

The fire requires mucking about with the mission files to change particle settings, which is something that can't really be done in accordance with Necro Age's non-destructive, easy to install and uninstall design.

thanks for your response! Guess it will be easier to just replace all the textures and meshes in HD mod with yours rather than trying to copy fire from their mod

Good luck, let us know how it works out.
    Actually, if you could just wait a day with it, the latest version is coming out tomorrow as an (Anti)Christmas present.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobob View Post
    Good luck, let us know how it works out.
    Actually, if you could just wait a day with it, the latest version is coming out tomorrow as an (Anti)Christmas present.
    Well, I copied it and at first glance, everything seems to be fine. Some textures seemed to be pulled from somewhere else though, not just HDMOD folder, but that is not something critical (a good example is under the bathroom in basement Running interference), as HDMOD has metal stuff holding it, whereas your mod has marble which is shiny (which is closer to original, in vanilla there was marble too).

An update? Well if it has fires, sure why not

Thanks for your helpful answers.

Oh, this won't have any fancy particle fire for reasons outlined above. Just a better, transparent texure for the existing fire model, which does improve the look of things a bit.

Other changes include:
    *Thief 1/Gold AI and vegetation brought up to the same level of detail as Thief 2. The human high poly AI and already existing high detail critters are joined by FireMage's new bugbeast model and concept art faithful monkeybeasts.
    *Improved sky effects, especially for Thief 1/Gold. The sky effects for the first game largely follow the original look, except with a detailed star field and added distant art. Thief 2 skies look about the same as they've always done in the Necro Age, except the light pollution is now controlled by DML-files, so clouds no longer have an orange tint in all missions. Requires mission restart to take effect.
    *Miscellaneous additions and tweaks.

Get it HERE

A new version of T2X: Shadows of the Necro Age is also available. It's mostly a compatibility release to make textures that are supposed to blend in with changed stock Necro Age textures match up. There's also a few AI model improvements. And a tiny easter egg in reference to our favorite YouTuber.

Get it HERE

HAW HAW HAW, MORREH CRORSHMRSH

Zombified
    nice. anyway, noticed that the new trees are quite a bit larger than the old ones - this will inevitably lead to clipping at some places (when making object replacements, one should always try to match the dimensions of the originals). also, TG tombstones don't seem to have a hires texture yet (strange bedfellows, for example).

A Necro Age updated sweet.

Thx for an update. If I want to use the latest EP beta pack (http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2189796) should I do it with the NecroAge v2.3 or I don't have to?

Nothing important here but you have duplicated flower05 and flower 07 in NecroAge 2.3. I see them in rescore_1 and rescore_2 when they only belong to rescore_1.

thank your for the update. downloading now.

Sorry for necroposting, but is EP2 still recommended to be used with NecroAge 2.3?

Zombified
    no, pick just one.

Thank you.

NecroAge Installation Question

Hello

I recently found out about TafferPatcher and two Thief 2 texture mods, NecroAge being one of them and I attempted to install NecroAge after using TafferPatcher to bring the game to version 1.24.
    I noticed that the world textures are there and the Light Gem is different as well but I saw that the Health Bar has the shields instead of the skulls that are in the posted screenshots for the mod, does this mean I have installed it incorrectly? and if so any help to get it installed correctly is appreciated

Here is what I have tried with seperate patching:

Thief 2 with everything that comes with TafferPatcher, one just installing the patch itself, and one with the patch and Complete Resource Fix Pack 1.1e (Tried with both Steam version and from game discs)

This is on Thief 2 bought from Steam with TafferPatcher to 1.24 and the Complete Resource Fix Pack 1.1e

Hope that is enough info!
    Last edited by Carnival Blob; 19th Jun 2016 at 15:33.

The skulls were removed; the shields are supposed to be there now.

Thank you Mechs Delight, much appreciated

Wonder if someone can help me install this in T2. The instructions say

2. Find cam_mod.ini in the same folder. Open it and add "NecroAge" after mod_path for Thief 2.

In that file I have the line

;mod_path MyBowMod+.\TexturePack
    mod_path .\MODS\t2water+.\MODS\t2skies+.\MODS\EP\EPBooks+.\MODS\EP+.\MODS\NTEX+.\patchedmis

Now I know I need to remove the ; but not sure what else I have to do. Replace everything after "mod_path" with "NecroAge"? Or add it to the front, or the back? Not sure. And do I need a plus if adding it? Would the following be correct?

mod_path NecroAge+MyBowMod+.\TexturePack
    mod_path .\MODS\t2water+.\MODS\t2skies+.\MODS\EP\EPBooks+.\MODS\EP+.\MODS\NTEX+.\patchedmis

Thanks

Zombified
    Code:
    mod_path .\NecroAge+.\MODS\t2water+.\MODS\t2skies+.\MODS\EP\EPBooks+.\MODS\EP+.\MODS\NTEX+.\patchedmis
    is what you need.

Thanks. Good to see it wasn't an "obvious" change needed to the line (to a person unfamiliar with modding anyway).

I love this mod but I have been meaning to ask is work on this finished or is it still being worked on updated?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789