TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: MOH mission: The Dead of Winter June 3/2007

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    the chapel door key is dropped by a rushing mechanist, that gets you into the main hall, up the stairs you go into the room on the right, over the wall to the next room, there are two keys, one for exiting the room, one for exiting the main hall. that first room on the right should have a key to lock its door. you'll find it easiest to trap the haunt in there and lock him in.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but does anyone by chance have this mission still in their Darkloader and has their savegames?
    Stupidly, and i usually make multiple saves, but this time stupidly I was only using 1 quicksave, overwriting as i went. However once when i loaded, all my items/weapons vanished and i couldnt toggle doors or anything either. When I exited, restarted, reloaded, same thing. The saves in thief really do save EVERYTHING including errors, permanently.

I got as far as going down into the dungeon and turning that valve and killing all those zombies/haunts. So if anyone has a save from around that part, dungeon entering or just having finished. Please let me know :X

Dead of winter

Quote Originally Posted by Cold0ne View Post
    Sorry to revive an old thread, but does anyone by chance have this mission still in their Darkloader and has their savegames?
    Stupidly, and i usually make multiple saves, but this time stupidly I was only using 1 quicksave, overwriting as i went. However once when i loaded, all my items/weapons vanished and i couldnt toggle doors or anything either. When I exited, restarted, reloaded, same thing. The saves in thief really do save EVERYTHING including errors, permanently.

I got as far as going down into the dungeon and turning that valve and killing all those zombies/haunts. So if anyone has a save from around that part, dungeon entering or just having finished. Please let me know :X
    I got muliple saves on that one on my laptop, I'll send them to you when I get
    home. I'm on a ship somewhere in the middle of nowhere... Thank G for my iPhone will be home later today...

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    I got muliple saves on that one on my laptop, I'll send them to you when I get
    home. I'm on a ship somewhere in the middle of nowhere... Thank G for my iPhone will be home later today...
    Thanks, really appreciate it.
    Last edited by Cold0ne; 19th Feb 2010 at 03:18.

Hey Acolyte i hope you didnt die at sea man..... I emailed you, left your a priv. msg. and replying you here..... i hope all is ok :O

I'm slogging through this FM and have found a bug. Everytime I pick up a crate I can't drop it. Anyone else have this problem? It's weird because I can drop other items.

Never mind: It's limited to the crates. No biggy. I put a warning note in the walkthrough.
    Last edited by Ricebug; 12th Aug 2010 at 16:36.

I can't find brother Bivens or Williams. Objectives say try SW tower. I've been up there but I didn't find either man. I've used the emergency beacon. I hope I didn't break the scripting somehow.

bump
    Last edited by SlyFoxx; 24th Oct 2011 at 08:26.

bump

I presumed somebody would have answered this by now. I don't have any notes on this mission and I really don't remember it at all so I checked Ricebug's walkthrough. Here's the bit about the 2 guys you are trying to find. Brothers Williams and Bivens are not in the SW tower, as the objective leads you to believe.
    Instead, head to the gate house (South). The big double gates are now open and you can see
    them at the far end of the garden.

I hope that helps.

Thanks NW...that did the trick. I would have never thought of that as I thought I'd need a key to open the big gate.

Script bug???

I also, am sorry to revive the thread. Just going for the best missions I haven't played since 1.19 patch.

In the very beginning the portal was already on when I walked in(didn't know that was weird until youtube walkthrough). Switch; power boost does nothing and then I'm stuck with nothing happening. I am going to keep searching for a solution, I thought I had all possible scripts installed.

Any help is appreciated Taffers.

EDIT: I see that there is a NVScript.osm in the FM archive that unpacked with NewDark's FM loader. But it's 850 kb. The thiefmissions NVScript.osm is 1,126 kb and I have in my thief2 dir. Does thief2 look in root dir first? And if thiefmissions NVScript.osm is newer wouldn't it still work?

EDIT 2: Moving the smaller KB NVScript.osm from the FM .ZIP to my thief2 dir didn't work either. Taff I really wanted to play this.
    Last edited by gamophyte; 8th Nov 2012 at 11:18. Reason: researched

PLEASE, I've reloaded the whole game and did tafferpatcher. The fmsel is what I use, and not working. Anyone else? When I go to portal it's already running and switch does nothing.

I seem to recall that fmsel (or something else tied to New Dark) has trouble with some scripts. Try loading it up in DarkLoader.

Thanks Ricebug, and The Phantom, will take another crack at it.

I got a problem, not sure if this is a NewDark or script bug. When the mechanist gives me the key to the armoury, the game crashes

That also happened to me, too, when I played it last year under NewDark. There were a couple places in the mission where that occurred. Reloading my save from before the event and giving it a couple tries got me through.

Thanks I'll try it later

Still crashes, every time

A little late to the party, but better late than never. Replayed this great mission to get in the mood for the arctic storm that is fixing to come through. I ran into the same ND bugs (I'm playing ND 1.22, Darkloader), came here and saw others had to. I found a few ways around the trouble spots and the mission played fine, so just to log for future players til this is updated to ND... The problem is in the two main conversations where you are given keys, in the kitchen as mentioned and in the make-shift hospital with the doctor. The second I was given the key the mission crashes and no amount of reloading helped. The best solution (worked 100% of the time) run into the room and grab the key off their belt and run! Run a good distance way. To know when the convo is over, in the kitchen one the name of the key will appear at the top of the screen, in the doctor one you get a new objective. You have to be quick though, once they see you or start talking, the keys become unfrobable. After that, I went back to the rooms and everything continues fine. Just remember to save... alot! Hope this helps.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Fixed the cash with the conversation. Credits to R Soul/ConvMaster tool

Code:
    DML1
    //Dead of Winter//Fix key crashing game
    //miss20.mis.dml

-ObjProp 692 "AI_Converation"

+ObjProp 692 "AI_Converation"
    {
    // Step 0
        "Actor" "ActorOne"
        "Flags" "[None]"
        "Conversation: Action 0" "Nothing()"
        "   Argument 1" ""
        "   Argument 2" ""
        "   Argument 3" ""
        "Actor"[1] "ActorOne"
        "Flags"[1] "[None]"
        "Conversation: Action 1" "Play sound/motion(Sound Concept,Sound Tags,Motion Tags)"
        "   Argument 1"[1] "c2002"
        "   Argument 2"[1] "LineNo 1"
        "   Argument 3"[1] "Conv 16"
        "Actor"[2] "ActorOne"
        "Flags"[2] "[None]"
        "Conversation: Action 2" "Wait(Time(ms),Motion Tags)"
        "   Argument 1"[2] "1000"
        "   Argument 2"[2] ""
        "   Argument 3"[2] ""
        "Actor"[3] "ActorOne"
        "Flags"[3] "[None]"
        "Conversation: Action 3" "Remove link(Flavor,Destination(s),Source(s))"
        "   Argument 1"[3] "contains"
        "   Argument 2"[3] "1030"
        "   Argument 3"[3] "1107"
        "Actor"[4] "ActorOne"
        "Flags"[4] "[None]"
        "Conversation: Action 4" "Add link(Flavor,Destination(s),Source(s))"
        "   Argument 1"[4] "contains"
        "   Argument 2"[4] "1030"
        "   Argument 3"[4] "player"
        "Actor"[5] "ActorOne"
        "Flags"[5] "[None]"
        "Conversation: Action 5" "Frob object(Target Object,With Object)"
        "   Argument 1"[5] "1413"
        "   Argument 2"[5] ""
        "   Argument 3"[5] ""
    }
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 19th Apr 2018 at 02:15.

Thank you Unna!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567