TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Thief: The Dark Project 20th Anniversary Contest!

Is changing the resolution of a stock texture allowed? Or are we stuck with either endlessly repeating textures at lower scales, or very blurry ones at higher scales?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I would say so, as the applicable rule says nothing against it, only about creating textures which are clearly derivative.

- Contestants can combine existing stock textures to create new ones (terrain/objects/meshes). New textures need to be clearly identifiable as stock derivatives. A description of which textures you used to create new ones is welcome.

Thanks, yeah, that's the way we were thinking about it too. Our only concern was whether it would go against the spirit of the contest by not keeping it low-res like the OMs. But if no one objects, our eyes will be pleased, lol.

All cool, but even tho i made a mission for thief 2 i have no idea how to do it for thief 1.
    Do i need to use different dromed? is dromed 1.37 ok?

See the first post of page 4 of this thread.

4. Unzip editor.zip content from the latest NewDark patch into Thief Gold game folder (overwrite files), excluding 'DromEd.cfg' file
    i have no editor.zip anywhere, i do have newdark installed

EDIT: Nvm, i found it. http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146448
    Last edited by mtk; 18th Mar 2018 at 07:53.

Would any new authors like to collaborate? If your cutting your teeth on Dromed with this contest, I can aid you with your project; just tell me what to do and I'll do it. I have experience building TG missions and extensive knowledge of Dromed. If you're struggling, I can help you get over the hump, whether it's story, architecture, lighting, ambience, etc. Any way I can make your FM a reality.

I wanted to get involved in this contest, but the current campaign I'm working on wouldn't be accepted due to custom content. I figured this would be a great way to help out a new author, give to this community of wonderful taffers, and get involved in the contest. Let me know if we can work together and make your level what you dreamed!

PM'd- I could definitely use help for my currently non-existent mission.

The moon textures from the optional resource pack won't work when I set them up through New Sky. Why aren't they working?

EDIT: nvm I solved the problem. They weren't working because I had the textures in the wrong folder.

They were in TG>Fam>Skyhw

but I changed the path to

TG>MODS>t2skies>FAM>Skyhw
    Last edited by SneakyGuy101; 25th Apr 2018 at 22:36. Reason: solved problem

Are there going to be categories, ie: veteran, newbie, team, etc? It looks like there are a lot of people entering, so I'm just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyGuy101 View Post
    The moon textures from the optional resource pack won't work when I set them up through New Sky. Why aren't they working?

EDIT: nvm I solved the problem. They weren't working because I had the textures in the wrong folder.

They were in TG>Fam>Skyhw

but I changed the path to

TG>MODS>t2skies>FAM>Skyhw
    Not sure if that'll work when you package the mission up. I could be wrong though.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    It won't unless the user has the same modpath as he does. My moon texture is in TG>fam>skyhw and it works fine.

Since I'm here in this thread, I'll report that the first mission of the two in my entry is now in its second Beta test, and so I'm about to start whole hog on the second mission, which I've barely begun.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345