TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Thief: The Dark Project 20th Anniversary Contest!

DromEd Archmage
    It's because of the new member status. Email seems to be the only way to send a message.

I'm not sure why pms couldn't be received but sending and receiving should now be working for RLane87.

Contest FM's Completion

What is deadline for all missions? Where can I get more info about all completed/in progress FM's for this contest ?
    Will be seperate thread to summarize all missions done for Thief: The Dark Project 20th Anniversary Contest? Chees
    Godlike

Southquarter.com/fms
    I know it may seem really obvious, but you should probably check out the first post of this thread.

I'm putting together my two custom book art files. The first one is based on books/pbook, but is full of arcane diagrams. The second one is based on books/parch, with a huge bloodstain.

I realised just now while making the second one that using NewDark's decal feature for the bloodstain will work much better than using custom book art. Because the bloodstain needs to obscure some crucial text, a decal naturally works much better, and I can easily adjust the coordinates in the .str to reposition the decal appropriately for different translations. Please see the example here. (I could of course do language-specific versions of the custom book art, with the whole text baked in, but would prefer not to have to resort to that. Though that's what I'd probably end up doing if it was still 1999 )

So I would like a ruling: is it acceptable for me to use NewDark's decal feature here?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Using the decal function should be acceptable, although keep in mind that the limit on custom book art is two, and you still need to use only stock resources for the textures. Skacky can correct me if I'm wrong on that.

P.S. I will have your voice work to you tomorrow, sorry for the delay.

I am happy to announce that I have received the first submission for the contest!

Classical Master 2008
    Hooray!

"If there is only one candidate, there is only one choice." -- Gov. Elaine Marley

Do we know how many missions will be in the contest?

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    and you still need to use only stock resources for the textures. Skacky can correct me if I'm wrong on that.
    I'm not sure what you mean. The example I linked is based on the stock parch texture.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Yes, but is the blood made from stock textures ?

Also, congrats to the author for submiting the first mission of the contest

Book art doesn't need to be stock, much like maps that'd be far too restrictive. However you can only have two different book arts maximum per mission.

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    Book art doesn't need to be stock, much like maps that'd be far too restrictive. However you can only have two different book arts maximum per mission.
    Thanks for the clarification. And yes, I'm adhering to the limit of two.

Is any contestant including Keepers in his mission? It's my favourite faction and I would love them to be featured in either direct or indirect way.

I have one Keeper in my mission but very few players will notice him. It's almost like an easter egg.

I've got one Keeper (voiced by Yandros) who turns up a couple of times. No Keeper areas though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I have one Keeper in my mission but very few players will notice him. It's almost like an easter egg.
    Me too!

On a separate topic...time for another roll call?

Thank you, taffers. Looking forward to your missions. I also hope that at least some of you will achieve that "dark medieval" atmosphere of early missions like Autumn in Lampfire Hills or Calendra's Cistern. Thanks again for your hard work.

i think i asked this once before but i will spit it out now,as i think it might be a good point

are all missions from contest going to be just dropped at same time or when contest gets close to ending, missions already done released first giving us the fan mission player time to play each one and not feel rushed,so there can be a steady stream of missions released

anyone get what i mean?

as i really want to go deep on these contest missions seeing 100% of all maps created

also i hope to see "the lucky hand" in a contest mission as it seems its not in thief 2 as i recall?

i am pretty sure its based of a real hand from history/myth,just forgot what

also did the lucky hand ever have a use? besides just collecting it?
    Last edited by downwinder; 3rd Oct 2018 at 20:15.

DromEd Archmage
    Downwinder, how many time should we reminds you this thread is an announcement Thread? Stick to the topic.

If you have questions/suggestions about the organization of the contest, ask here : http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=8#post2402573
    As for the Lore question this is still not the right place, create a new thread as usual.

People wants to see here news about the incoming Contest Missions not fan theories.
    Thank you !

As far as I know, skacky plans to release all the entries at once, on or about after 11/30. He can correct me here if that's inaccurate.

I have moved these posts to the contest announcement thread for that half of downwinder's post. If you want to discuss the lucky hand question, downwinder, please create a new thread for that topic as Firemage suggested.

Only 8 weeks to go

And if the contest OP is adhered too then all the contest missions will be released on 30th Nov, not a day before or a day after, and that's how it should be.

To all the authors taking part in this contest...I strongly recommend you to read this thread: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149207
    Basically if you have any markers with NVRelayTrap, they will most likely be broken for the players who use TFix and haven't upgraded to TFix 1.26a or newer. You might want to take preventive action while there is still time (add a similar script loading check, or redo your markers).

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Only 8 weeks to go

And if the contest OP is adhered too then all the contest missions will be released on 30th Nov, not a day before or a day after, and that's how it should be.
    I don't know how many missions there will be in the contest, but one month to play, let's say 5 isn't a long time...
    I'm a old time thief fan, but a working, father of 2 right now.
    Skacky, maybe you'll reconsider releasing missions as they are being submitted or more time to play them? End of January?

greetings from Poland

I agree with stawik here. I am also a family man. I would love to play all the missions in time to vote, but if there's 5-10 missions, then one month is not enough. Just a thought.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast