TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most beautiful music from FMs

I really liked the song Gypsy in Raetsel's Masque of Red Death. This song can be found on Ronan Hardiman's CD titled "Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance." Actually the whole CD is beautiful and relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by pukey brunster View Post
    The Spear Of Destiny: Dewdrop song *love*

But even more so titled "windstil" overwrite. Damn girl.
    the " windstill overwrite" is "Drunk again" by Jeanne French. over here better known as Redleaf

in the spearzip I included a folder "extra" with some of the songs from the mission in a bit higher quailty and with some add. stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I used that in the latter stages of What Lies Below, and still love it.
    Been years since I played your fan mission, but I still remember that music, accompanied nicely with the crazed laughter from half a dozen haunts.

A night in rocksbourg: Discovery (Starting area. Sometimes i just sit there)

Having replayed Godbreaker recently, I realize that I've forgotten to mention it here. The swamp has almost exclusively new music (by Brian Eno I think), all of which is nice. Mission 4 uses some of T2 stock ambients, but its main track that plays throughout the streets is new (I think it's from one of Silent Hill games). There's also a singing choir in the church
    Last edited by marbleman; 10th Aug 2017 at 04:26.

i have to be honest and say cardia has some amazing music in his missions,real atmospheric feeling,makes me feel like i am on a journey

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i have to be honest and say cardia has some amazing music in his missions,real atmospheric feeling,makes me feel like i am on a journey
    Thank you Steve, music for me is important in a mission, just like for movie directors who are aware that music provides life to their films. Let's hope i can still surprise with my upcoming missions.

I would like to mention "Zealot's Hollow" for it's outstandig soundtrack.

I can't name any right now, since I've been a little passive playing FMs recent years, but I do wanna point out that yes - music/ambience is one of the most important aspects in Thief for me, at least.. it has such a massive potential in creating atmosphere. And it saddens me a bit that it hasn't been used as such that often. But maybe I'm mistaken, because like I said, I haven't played that much lately. But I'm always up for listening any Thief-style music and if any creators out there are in need, you can always contact me if you need some original music for your FM.

Just a small teaser: the upcoming Death's Cold Embrace is the most musical campaign ever made. And every ambient there is spot on.

I like the music in the briefing movie of "Rose Cottage" so much that I extracted it and play it every now and then. I also listen to the first part of the T2X end movie music every now and then. There also was some music in the "Keeper investigations" campaign to which I listen to sometimes.

Some other music with connections to "Thief" is also on my hard disk, such as Benny's debut as a singer in "Dayport State of Mind", or the end movie music from "Thief 1".

having created music for some great missions here, it goes without saying that music is pivotal to me in gameplay, but it's almost as if I can't recall which missions have had engaging custom music, lol. There has however been authors that make great use of the original ambients.

Shadow of a Doubt by Sperry is one of my top favorite campaigns, and he did a great job using original ambients (Broadsword of Sheol especially)
    A Night Before Christmas by Darkshadow has an awesome piece that plays later on in the mission that's very dreamy and whimsical.
    Umbelina by Cardia had a really cool trip hop-esque/electronica styled piece that really gave the mission its charm.
    The Kings Story by Zontik did very well with its classical styled themes.
    A Night In Rocksbourg by Drk had fantastic pieces throughout its duration.
    Dracula by Sensut had music that amplified the playing experience ten fold.
    Temple of the Tides by Nameless Voice, the music helped make me feel like I was in an extremely primitive and ancient time.

There's another that was fairly recent that I for the life of me can't find in my mission folder. You played as a detective I believe. It was a 1920s-esque (???) themed mission that I thought came out just last year. Anyway, it played the Sin City themed music very well.

There's so many others I'm not thinking of right now.

My idea of great music work is when it synchronizes with the art style of the mission. Its seldom that I like hearing modern music in a mission (unless its from Pedro, lol). For me it rips me out of the element. TDS, although obviously done by the original team, did very well with the Stonemarket ambient (and of course others). There's an apartment that you walk into that cues that ambient, and there's something about the dark blue hue coming through the windows that that ambient enhanced. I'd like more authors to spend more time picking fitting music. Although sometimes, for realism purposes, its not needed. Of course I'm going to say PM me if you want some help (especially for darker themes)

Quote Originally Posted by Beauty-Man View Post
    There's another that was fairly recent that I for the life of me can't find in my mission folder. You played as a detective I believe. It was a 1920s-esque (???) themed mission that I thought came out just last year. Anyway, it played the Sin City themed music very well.
    Must be "Waterfront Racket". A set of two or three missions where you play a detective who reminds one a lot of Raymond Chandler's Sam Spade or Philip Marlowe.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    Must be "Waterfront Racket". A set of two or three missions where you play a detective who reminds one a lot of Raymond Chandler's Sam Spade or Philip Marlowe.
    Sam Spade was created by Dashiell Hammett, Chandler did create Marlowe though. And it's no coincidence we named our protagonist Sam Marlowe.

coming soon...a sunny melancholic day for thief 2:

i cant wait and loved the 70's feeling footage

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i cant wait and loved the 70's feeling footage
    Me too i think this kind of music evokes alot the 70's or even the 80's, its very nostalgic.

Not really from an FM, but I like the intro for the Dark Mod....