TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Announcement: Lost Places Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Hello. Looks like there's about a week to go until the deadline. Just wondered how any potential entries are doing. I've had one request for an extension - does anyone else need extra time? Send me a PM if you have an entry in the works so I know where we stand.
    Good to see that this contest is about to end after 4 (agonisingly long) months.
    Have there have been any deadline requests, yet?

Southquarter.com/fms
    Update - I did have one author request an extension, so the new deadline for the contest is going to be Friday, September 15th. We probably won't need to go beyond that. I know of at least 3 entries so far, and hopefully we'll see a few more show up before the extended deadline.

since its going to take time to play all the missions,why not release some now so we can have time to get them all done,so when we vote we have time to let them absorb after playing so we don't feel rushed

and yes i just want to start playing them,maybe drop one a week ,by then the 15th final date will be complete then the final bit can be play so by oct we will have had time to play them all and be ready to vote

then people can relax while brethren can come up with next contest for next year

The extended deadline applies to all participants in case they want to make changes to their missions as well as the participant who requested more time.

Southquarter.com/fms
    That, and we're not going to have a dozen entries to sort through, I only know of 3 missions in the works.

This will more than likely be the last contest I organize. Participation has been down quite a bit over the last few years, and I think most authors these days have their own projects to work on.

Everyone's efforts to keep these contests going are appreciated by players. But I do agree with your sentiment.

I think participation has been down because those who want to make missions don't want to have a deadline and others simply don't have the time to make the mission the way they want it to be. My last two missions took almost all of my free time so all I did was work, sleep and work on my FM. It's nice when someone can spread the FM work out over several years because it can often give a better result than rushing a FM to completion.

5 days

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    This will more than likely be the last contest I organize. Participation has been down quite a bit over the last few years, and I think authors these days have their own projects to work on.

I hope not. The last few contests had only a few entries but some fantastic results came from those.

Thank you for all your efforts people. You the man Brethren, lighting a fire under people to get some new content.

Someone has to do it.

Southquarter.com/fms
    I'm all for new contests if the interest is there, but this community does great on its own. Just read through the Editor's Guild sometime to see how many projects are currently in the works.

That said - I have three missions ready to go for the contest. I will put up an announcement tomorrow morning, just waiting (hoping) for any other last minute entries.

Anyone else out there?