TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ponterbee Station V3

thx a lot, 3rd playthough coming up soon

I'm currently playing through Ponterbee Station for the first time right now. This is the first FM I've tried for SS2 and it's very impressive so far, although I only just now got past the first deck.

I just wanted to say that this is truly excellent work, and thanks for making it! I can't believe I haven't tried this earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoid View Post
    I'm currently playing through Ponterbee Station for the first time right now. This is the first FM I've tried for SS2 and it's very impressive so far, although I only just now got past the first deck.

I just wanted to say that this is truly excellent work, and thanks for making it! I can't believe I haven't tried this earlier.
    Lord, I was just about to post this exact statement, nearly word-for-word. Wow. Anyway.....^^^seconded, Christine!

Hi people!

This is very good FM but I need some help. I restored air, turned on transmiter and now, I'm in dead end. I think I was everywhere, in "notes" there are only 3 codes to engine core but I can't go there becouse I have no acces. I haven't got also keycard to "Crew Quaters". What should I do?

Sorry for my english.

You'll find the access card you need in the crew quarters, and the card for the crew quarters at the mall.

Why is the voice of the first email sent to the player, in Earth, so weird? Sounds like some Russian dude with a really bad cold.

Because FM authors such as Christine don't have access to professional voice actors and sound engineers, so volunteers from the forums stepped in to do the voice acting and sound editing was done by...someone. Dinksmallwood, maybe? Verganon?
    Suffice it to say, you're not going to get SS2 quality voice acting with home microphones and Audacity. I know; I was a VA for the sequel, UNN Nightwalker, and I still cringe when I hear my logs. But we're amateurs. What do you expect?

Sounds like John D to me, he has a very distinctive "cold" voice. That's his accent.

I thought it was Kolya.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Hoplite View Post
    Sounds like some Russian dude with a really bad cold.

Is the zip file still available anywhere? I can't find it on filefront any more.

Clearinghouse

I'm stuck on the Recreation Deck. I have several problems:

1)
    spoiler:
    I don't seem to find the Crew Quarters access card, even though I've searched all the parts of the Mall I could access.

2)
    spoiler:
    I seem to need a Power Cell to open the maintenance door at the Theater level, but I don't seem to find one.

3)
    spoiler:
    There is a barricaded part of the Mall which is possibly behind a code-locked (unhackable door) for which i don't have the code; can it be access somehow?

Core Control 2 key

Hi, I cant find the core control 2 key.

I figured it has to be on Jack Pearson on operations deck which isnt even a very big place. In another thread someone said that it should be found near Xerxes XP, but no luck there.

edit: nm, I found it seconds after I posted this
    Last edited by Halbalba; 2nd Jul 2010 at 08:43.

YUP, and, NOPE!

Quote Originally Posted by Mechs Delight View Post
    How do you get off Earth? I've looked around the entire area (I think) and checked off three objectives. Now what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Go to the conference room in the unn recruitment centre.

Ponterbee uses custom scripts, make sure that the nvscript.osm is in your SShock2 directory.
    Christine, I am having the same prob. Been to the conf. room in UNN, have all 3 objs. ticked, but nothing is happening!

Was there supposed to be any dialog when I went into the conf. room? Cuz there wasn't!
    I do see the NVscript.osm listed in the zipped file in my FMs folder, could FMsel have missed unzipping it somehow???

Zombified
    if you have patched up with SS2tool, the latest NVscript is already loaded.

post your shock2.log and a save from right before the problem happens, and I just might have a look.

Hmmm, bit of a problem.

Here's my log:

: PID: 15304
    : CPU: arch=x86-64 , fam=586 , cpus=4
    : SIMD: SSE=3 , 3DNow=0
    : OS Version: 6.2.9200
    : Desktop resolution: 1600 x 900
    : Virtual desktop resolution: 1600 x 900
    : -----------------------------------------------------------

But I am not sure which saves are from the OM and which one from the FM!

I am pretty sure it's patched with SS2 tool since I am also running a number of mods!
    But the only mod with it's own gamesys has been disabled as per instructions.

OOOPS! I am kinda ! I just checked the BMM - SCP was NOT disabled!
    Have done so, will try the FM again!

BINGO! That was it! SCP's gamesys was messin wit Christine's! All is go for launch now!

Thanks much for the offer voodoo47! Thats why I love this place - great peeps willin to help!
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 5th Aug 2015 at 23:12.

Zombified
    that log is incomplete. also, having SCP active shouldn't be a problem, if you are running the fm via fmselect.

Hmmm again!

Well that log was all that was in my Shock2log folder.

And after I disabled SCP in the BMM and started the FM (via FMsel) from the save just before I went into the UNN it ran fine.

I got the cybermodules, chose my upgrades, went into the conference room, and bam, got the fullscreen orders to Ponterbee and then there I am on Ponterbee with the shuttle being sabotaged! and Shodan being her old bitchy self!

So it must have been the SCP somehow. It's the only thing that is different from before and the notes on the page about modding/mods/installing/etc said to not have two running that both have their own gamesys!

Zombified
    I wasn't able to replicate - Ponterbee worked perfectly fine with SCP enabled (there is no reason it shouldn't, as when a FM is launched via FMsel, SCP becomes nothing more than a set of extra resources).
    Last edited by voodoo47; 6th Aug 2015 at 08:52.

Well,

That is weird then!

Computers - so helpful (and fun, lol!) - yet so dumb they can drive ya nutz!

At least it's workin now and I can enjoy some of Christine's stuff outside of the steampunk world of the taffer in black!

(maybe the warning about two gamesys mods was for having two both running via the BMM?)

Zombified
    yes, if you were running the FM via BMM, and SCP had greater priority, then that would definitely cause problems.

engine core access card Help!

Hi can anyone help me, I cant find the engine core access card. Not sure how I missed it I have all three codes for the self destruct.

Zombified
    if you mean engine core control, it should be on Rec, crew quarters first floor, behind a broken sparking door.

Thank you soooo much!
    Found it!
    *and the rain pissed down upon me and washed me all away*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12