Loot: 1186 of 1286 (1100 required)
    Pockets picked: 2 of 3 (all)
    Backstabs: 0 Knockouts: 2 (1 required)
    Damage dealt: 2 Taken: 0 Healing: 0
    Killed: 0
    Secrets: 0 of 0

Cause(s) of failure:
    - You have to bash open a wood door.
    - When you open the door to the museum or art room, you get a new objective to save Lady Ravencourt. She is getting kung fu'd to death by a guy. You have to stop him before he kills her. The least damaging means of stopping him is to blackjack him. However, according to the new proposed ghost rules, the objective doesn't explicitly exempt you from blackjacks so this might be a forced bust to satisfy this objective.

Comments:
    - You MUST get version 1.4 of this FM; see the FM's description when opened in Darkloader to check the version. The author originally intended that you blow open a metal door using a sunburst bomb (which would've been another ghost bust) but never got it working. He later added a key to open this door.
    - The only level of difficulty is Easy.
    - When you frob the chest down one floor from where you start, a guard gets spawned in the same room. Although I was totally hidden in the shadows, I could not manage to sneak around the room to get out the door. Since I have to bash this door open with the sword (which is a ghost bust), the guard would alert. If I bash open the door before frobbing the chest so the guard didn't exist yet, on frobbing the chest the guard would get spawned but now be already fully alerted. So I had to skip the 100 in loot in the chest and eliminate spawning the guard. The ghost bust from bashing the door open was already bad enough.
    - Upstairs there is a courtyard. When you pick open the door (there is no key), one of the archers patrolling in the hallway on the other side will alert when close to the door. So pick it when you lean into the door and hear them go through the far door. You also have to open and shut the door when they are at the far end of the hallway.
    - You have to carefully slide onto the elevator going up to the top floor. Otherwise, you will hop instead of walk from the floor when you get onto the elevator platform and make a loud clang that is heard through the stone floor and alerts the guard down one floor in the storeroom behind the kitchen.
    - When you open the door into the museum or art room, you get a new objective to save Lady Ravencourt. She is under attack. Even with the hallway door closed, the guard patrolling out there will hear her wails of pain, so wait until he is at the far end of his hallway, open the museum door, dash in, and immediately close that door so the guard hears nothing. You can sneak up in the shadows behind the guy attacking the lady and blackjack him while remaining unseen and unheard. However, although the objective says to save the lady, it doesn't explicitly exempt you from the no-blackjack rule, so this is probably another ghost bust.
    - You have to rope up to the upper level in this room to get the diamond and some more loot.
    - I had to blackjack Rosie in the kitchen so I could tote her out to the mansion entrance, an objective. I actually came into the kitchen from the hallway through the dining room rather than through the back storeroom. I couldn't get into the kitchen using the storeroom because the guard would spot me. There is a light switch in the kitchen to make it dark. The light starts on, frobbing the light switch doesn't do anything, and frobbing it a second time turns off the light. The switch was probably initialized in the off position although the light was on. I don't recall any other defects than this one (once the door was fixed to use a key instead of trying to blast it open which didn't work).

---------------------------------------------
    I think is excellent walktrugh (thanks vVanguard)

This text copied another forum

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Vanguard

Ravencourt's Mansion
    FM: Ravencourt's Mansion
    File: ravenc1eng.zip

Play mode: Ghost (forced failure)
    Time: 31 minutes
    Loot: 1186 of 1286 (1100 required)
    Pockets picked: 2 of 3 (all)
    Backstabs: 0 Knockouts: 2 (1 required)
    Damage dealt: 2 Taken: 0 Healing: 0
    Killed: 0
    Secrets: 0 of 0

Cause(s) of failure:
    - You have to bash open a wood door.
    - When you open the door to the museum or art room, you get a new objective to save Lady Ravencourt. She is getting kung fu'd to death by a guy. You have to stop him before he kills her. The least damaging means of stopping him is to blackjack him. However, according to the new proposed ghost rules, the objective doesn't explicitly exempt you from blackjacks so this might be a forced bust to satisfy this objective.

Comments:
    - You MUST get version 1.4 of this FM; see the FM's description when opened in Darkloader to check the version. The author originally intended that you blow open a metal door using a sunburst bomb (which would've been another ghost bust) but never got it working. He later added a key to open this door.
    - The only level of difficulty is Easy.
    - When you frob the chest down one floor from where you start, a guard gets spawned in the same room. Although I was totally hidden in the shadows, I could not manage to sneak around the room to get out the door. Since I have to bash this door open with the sword (which is a ghost bust), the guard would alert. If I bash open the door before frobbing the chest so the guard didn't exist yet, on frobbing the chest the guard would get spawned but now be already fully alerted. So I had to skip the 100 in loot in the chest and eliminate spawning the guard. The ghost bust from bashing the door open was already bad enough.
    - Upstairs there is a courtyard. When you pick open the door (there is no key), one of the archers patrolling in the hallway on the other side will alert when close to the door. So pick it when you lean into the door and hear them go through the far door. You also have to open and shut the door when they are at the far end of the hallway.
    - You have to carefully slide onto the elevator going up to the top floor. Otherwise, you will hop instead of walk from the floor when you get onto the elevator platform and make a loud clang that is heard through the stone floor and alerts the guard down one floor in the storeroom behind the kitchen.
    - When you open the door into the museum or art room, you get a new objective to save Lady Ravencourt. She is under attack. Even with the hallway door closed, the guard patrolling out there will hear her wails of pain, so wait until he is at the far end of his hallway, open the museum door, dash in, and immediately close that door so the guard hears nothing. You can sneak up in the shadows behind the guy attacking the lady and blackjack him while remaining unseen and unheard. However, although the objective says to save the lady, it doesn't explicitly exempt you from the no-blackjack rule, so this is probably another ghost bust.
    - You have to rope up to the upper level in this room to get the diamond and some more loot.
    - I had to blackjack Rosie in the kitchen so I could tote her out to the mansion entrance, an objective. I actually came into the kitchen from the hallway through the dining room rather than through the back storeroom. I couldn't get into the kitchen using the storeroom because the guard would spot me. There is a light switch in the kitchen to make it dark. The light starts on, frobbing the light switch doesn't do anything, and frobbing it a second time turns off the light. The switch was probably initialized in the off position although the light was on. I don't recall any other defects than this one (once the door was fixed to use a key instead of trying to blast it open which didn't work).

--------------------------------------------
    Thabks Vanguard

I am completely confused!

Yes I have the 1.4 version. No I can't find a key to that metal door.

Checked the "walkthrough" above and it either skips the part I need or I have missing archers to add to my problems.

I need some help or a new computer or a brain implant. Please.
    I told my husband that I was downloading the patch for Thief. He said, "Good! It's about time you kicked that addiction."

Diana,
    spoiler:
    face the fireplace in the workshop room and look down the right side of it. There should be a chest tucked in there. In the original version, it had an explosive device in it. In this version, it should have a key for the door, instead.

Ah! I bet I didn't even check my inventory. I heard a plinck not a chinck.
    Thanks, NW!!
    I told my husband that I was downloading the patch for Thief. He said, "Good! It's about time you kicked that addiction."

Where can I get the new version?
    The version I have is completely pitch black. I can't see a thing.
    I managed to break open a door but that's it.....I just can't find anything else.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    dml fix for this old FM

Code:
    DML1//Ravencourt Mansion//Fix goal to get in the mansion//miss20.mis.dml

+ObjProp 348 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" TrapRelay
    }
    +ObjProp 348 "TrapFlags"  
    {
        "" Once,NoOff
    }