TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A Brawl in the Tombs Oct/02

Stunning
    Some hopefully constructive pointers:

I find the sword with holy stim a bit cheesy myself, makes the mission to easy for my taste. It's like in the Inverted Manse, but without even the glowing effect it had there which made it somewhat tricky to use. There you had to get into blind spots to gets a good backstab, here you can just stand around with the sword in your hand and wait until the haunt walks by to whack him over the head (I have to admit that a normal sword would work on haunts too, but not zombies mind you). The complete and utter darkness in most of the mission makes this even easier, although it adds realism. I'm quite sure you can complete the mission without ever needing the assistance of the living AI, with the whole arsenal you get to play with.

To me most of the danger of the undead was that you couldn't kill them with normal weapons, and had only a limited supply of weapons that could kill them, like in Down in the Bonehoard. I mission with a holy sword I feel more like Rambo sometimes. Backstab zombie, wait for others to search for me in vain while I stand three feet away from them, repeat. Bit boring when you get the hang of it.

And the zombie parts killing you in an outright fight, happens only once every ten times I think. A bit more with the ones already lying on the ground, but I've figured out several safe spots where you'll never get hit. First few times it happened I though it was SHAS, heh. Only the game didn't crash. Then I read the text file.

She says breathing heavily, covered in blood, and wiping the zombie juice out of her eyes, "WOW! What a rush!! Guilt-free killing spree, can't beat that. I like it!"

this fm also made for excellent mood music while handing out candy last night. I just cranked up the 5.1 speaker system, loaded Brawl, found a good spot fro Garrett to sit tight as the zombies, ghosts and haunts all patrolled by. My wife said one little boy was so scared he had to be prompted by a parent to come to the door. he he..
    The problem is choice...

Taking a break
    I find the sword with a holy stim a bit cheesy myself
    I admit the holy sword tips the scales in favor of Garrett, but even
    with the zombie threat reduced, there's still plenty of stuff to hurt you.

one little boy was so scared he had to be prompted by a parent to come to the door

Great mission, looking forward to the next one; I do like a continuing storyline.

Just finished a few minutes ago. Very well done indeed. Thanks for all the power-ups, they were not really needed but certainly welcome. I took your advice and found the hideout right away. However, I didn't use hardly a thing until I was left with a few hundred in loot to find as well as the golden skull. At this point I just started to go wild with my toys. I managed to fell 6 hammers with one gas arrow...kewl. I found the skull via a secret door...however when I tried to pick the lock on the double doors in that area I was blown to bits...guess I triggered the mine on the other side of the door. Good thing I had saved a minute earlier. That was my only death. When I was going to leave I was having a bit of a time finding the thieves hideout again until I stumbled on about a dozen of them taunting a zombie or two....ahhh this must be the place. Didn't find the note RE: Nightwalker...I take it it's accessed via the pool near the hideout. I'll have to go back and look again. Mega thumbs up for job well done.

[Dance Fever]"Well Stu it had a rockin' good beat and was very danceable." "I give it an 8 out of 10." [/Dance Fever]

SlyFoxx

EDIT: Went back and found the "area" in question. Nice touch. Also found some more loot. I think I only missed about 200. Was having fun luring zombies and other assorted nasties back to the thieves and let them do the dirty work. "Hey Mr. Zombie...yooo hooo over here....I've got a few taffers over here who would like a word with you." "Oh yes, you can bring your buddies. " "That's it." "The more the merrier...yeah right down this hall."

Since the thieves were so cool in letting me raid thier stash of stuff I left all my extra gear (flares, holy water, potions, starburst, scrolls etc.) in the armory before I left. Also left 'em the Golden Skull. Figure that was a nice trinket for them that would suffice as thier cut.
    Last edited by SlyFoxx; 5th Nov 2002 at 08:38.

Taking a break
    Thanks Slyfoxx!
    When you go back for the secret I hope you like:
    spoiler:
    The Keeper Outpost

Great mission, John. My favourite bits were using noismakers to start fights between the AIs., then trying to control the balance of power so they would leave only one (preferably undead) AI standing. Having all those buddies around to help was nice but I can understand that some might find that to easy. I like lots of AIs in a mission, unless they are out for my blood.

Taking a break
    Having all those buddies around to help was nice but I can understand that some might find that to easy.
    Dont worry.....in the next mission, you'll be all by yourself again..with
    the exception of numerous unfreindly folks

I just finished this mission in ghost mode. Perfect Thief actually. Got all the loot and pockets. It was not too difficult to ghost. It was a challenge to get all the pockets and to find all the loot. You may read my ghosting report here.

I did not miss out on the fun, however. I went back and killed all the undead and BJ'ed all the live ones, with the exception of my Thief friends, which I left alone. I started lots of melees and blew the doors to the haunt area (after looting it).

Great mission John D. In addition to the fine map, great atmosphere, and fun with the AI, I think that two things made this mission stand out. First, it was not too difficult, so there was no extreme frustration anywhere, as is so common these days. Second, I really liked the sounds, particularly the deep-voiced jabber. Very creepy and immersive. Thanks for designing it, and I look forward to your next one.

Taking a break
    I just read your report smithpd, and I must say I'm amazed!

Note to self: put more lights in next level

I hate puzzels in FM's myself (I would have never
    made it through Events in Highrock with out Nightwalker
    leaving me a trail of breadcrumbs!)
    so I tried to keep the gameplay simple and fun
    with the complexity in the storyline.
    The weird voices came from T1gold's soundfiles,
    I just put some wav's together to make one
    long creepy sound!

new to fan missions

Hey all..

Just wanted to say that I am new to thiese fan missions. Just got a few cds of Fan missions from Komag (thank u Komag) and I look forward to playing them. So far I have played only 3 or 4 so far. I have a whole list to go.

I loved both Thief Gold and Thief 2. Lots of things I see you can do as I read through these posts here. I enjoyed playing them as much as I possobily could, Now I have found out about these Fan Missions, and I can honestly say, Good work to all those who have worked so hard to put them out and make them playable.

its a great idea that has continued on since the inception of the Thief Genre.

I will try as many of the Fan missions as I possibly can. I am not going to play them in any particular order. But from what I have read and browsed through. I can see that there are a few great ones to play first.

Brawl in the Tombs sounds like a great Fan Mission to play, I loved the Hammerites and Zombies and Haunts. It has made for such interesting game play.

I enjoy and look forward to reading and playing many fan missions, both Thief Golf & Thief 2. Now I can finally kill some time before the arrival of Thief 3 which I hope will be out sometime between March & June 2003..

Way behind, I guess...

Looks like I was the last one to discover this one. It's great!!! It was especially fun to save right before a fight, and go back several times to the save to watch it end differently. Great fun!
    Welcome, DaffyTaffer.
    You last visited: 25th Jun 2004 at 13:37
    ...it's been a while, glad to see this is still running strong!

BANNED
    The guards who hit you with holy water arrows are cool, I used thier splash damage to kill that one female zombie.

Edit: Scott, you HAVE to play "Calendra's Legacy: *Mission 2* Midnight in Murbell"

One thing: Zombie Parts... In the first post of this page, it talked about parts killing, well for me, in a head on battle, slicing and dicing, the parts ALWAYS kill me, I ALWAYS have to backstab, or kill em from behind when they are falling down.

Where is mechanist info?

I give up. Seem to have gone over all areas at least twice. Secret tunnels, through secret doors, etc. Where does one find the information needed to complete the objective?

Have you found
    spoiler:
    the large open cave with a bunch of undead facing the front of a Mechanist installation that is guarded by Watchers? That's where you need to go. If you haven't stumbled on it (it's fairly easy to miss as only one passageway leads to it, you need to find the room with the big blue pyramid in the middle. Leave that room by the door on the south wall and turn down the hallway to your left (E). Follow it to the Mechanist cave.

If you've already been there but just missed the info, it's
    spoiler:
    in a wall safe in the room with the zombies in the cages.

I can't believe I went right past that thing THREE HOURS AGO!!!! That'll teach me to go too fast. Great mission! Lots of fun.

Missing Loot

I tried 2x to get all the loot in this mission, and each time I end up with 5293, 250 short of maximum. Seeing as all the valuables (apparently) are out in the open, there must be something I'm consistently missing. I did get the loot in the tomb of Lady Demeter, and there was another open tomb that had 2 blue jewels? that I found. Was there anything in the Keepers den I missed?

brawl in the tombs

where do i find this ken with the grey key and where is the basement its the third time i have played this on hard can anyone please help

Hi

I have a question about that chest in chief Willys room. On a note he said, that only he has the key and that there is
    no other way to open it.

Can I open that chest or is it just a sort of gag and without function ?

Quote Originally Posted by schleicher View Post
    Hi

I have a question about that chest in chief Willys room. On a note he said, that only he has the key and that there is
    no other way to open it.

Can I open that chest or is it just a sort of gag and without function ?
    It's a gag, you cant get into it-I checked it out in dromed a long time ago.

i enjoyed this mission and always felt it needed a part 2

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i enjoyed this mission and always felt it needed a part 2

Quick Cash Series
    T2---Screenshots---Download---Burglary in Blackbrook
    T2---Screenshots---Download---Shadows of the Past
    T2---Screenshots---Download---Quick Cash
    T2---Screenshots---Download---Your Last Breath
    T2---Screenshots---Download---Brawl in the Tombs
    T2---Screenshots---Download---Island of Iron 1: Fortress of Steel
    T2---Screenshots---Download---Island of Iron 2: Confrontation
    Last edited by fortuni; 10th May 2018 at 09:33.

yes i know its part of a series,but i ment a part 2 to tomb level,kinda like the 2 island of iron levels,but ty for post

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Thief View Post
    It's a gag, you cant get into it-I checked it out in dromed a long time ago.
    Thx for answer

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234