TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 38131823283334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: COSAS 2 Mission X - Available Now ... 8-15-08

Replaying this wonderful mission. Anyone ever experienced the head accountant's key not being frobbable? No matter what I try, I can't take it. Too bad, as this means I can't loot the money exchange.

Edit: Hmm...tried it today and now it worked for some reason. Seems like the dark engine just needed to sleep on it.
    Last edited by klatremus; 10th Aug 2016 at 19:48.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Man, what an amazing mission! Just fired it up for old times sake, and was not disappointed. Played for about 1.5 hours, and beat it on expert (i.e. The lowest setting), with barely over half the loot. So much more [re]exploring left to do

Try getting all the loot and the best possible ending. I still remember the whole summer spent testing that monstrosity. It was like herding cats for a while. I still don't know how Digi and company pulled it off.

check out this thread for lots of info..........

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...12#post1774712

Yea, I can imagine. He should be a professi... Oh, right.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    Try getting all the loot and the best possible ending.
    Haha, I did it! I 'cheated' a little. Well, not really. Just exploited some incomplete scripting: After I picked up my gear, I cleared out most of the building before telling my team I'd picked up my gear. This made it trivial (errr.... relatively speaking...) to accomplish my tasks after I checked in with my team.

my fav part of this mission is on one of the floors ,there is a room if you get close to you hear a woman singing,and if you leave a good distance then come back she sings differnt songs,not sure how many in all,and some repeat ,but there was one song that reminded me of my how my grandmother would sing

i also love to loot the slot machines :P

Yes, My fav. Part too.
    That is ofcourse redleaf singing

I read something about downloadable maps and a 48 page manual with artwork for this mission (start of the post somewhere)... Any Idea where I can find these today?

Dóttirin klæðist oft móður möttli
    The download links in the first post are still working.

Doh!... Alright, don’t know how I missed those... I read about these things in a later comment and looked for them on the cosas website... Anyways, thanks!

I am so glad to see that people still play this.

This FM is high on most taffers Top Ten lists! Just remember folks, this piece of wizardry is Old Dark (DromEd envy is real).
    On another note, great to see you back AFox!
    Last edited by Purgator; 14th Feb 2018 at 04:21.

Thanks! I never entirely left, just lost access to my account for, um, seven years. :P

Just wanted to put this here for anyone who's having trouble: if you try to use the mask in the very beginning and are unable to, try just restarting your computer. I was having this issue tonight when I popped Thief 2 in (GOG version with the latest Tafferpatch from here) and it wasn't working, but I also noticed I was having the cutscene skipping issue. Rebooted and it all worked just fine

*grins* It looks like everyone who can stop me from saying this is gone.

The CoSaS project was placed on permanent hold because of its almost unavoidable ability to cause emotional damage to its members, even to the hardiest of engineers. Of the eight extant unfinished missions (out of a planned ten), all have been archived. I myself possess an up-to-date copy of M5, which we called SR. It was to be a comedy mission, to cushion the blow of a major revelation. It's ready for alpha testing. And there's no way I would be cruel enough to make anyone alpha test it.

I, and at least one other of the writers, still fantasize about finishing the story in purely textual form once we've retired, but in the end, the health of the team mattered more than that which they sought to create.

Additional information forthcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic Fox View Post
    *grins* It looks like everyone who can stop me from saying this is gone.

The CoSaS project was placed on permanent hold because of its almost unavoidable ability to cause emotional damage to its members, even to the hardiest of engineers. Of the eight extant unfinished missions (out of a planned ten), all have been archived. I myself possess an up-to-date copy of M5, which we called SR. It was to be a comedy mission, to cushion the blow of a major revelation. It's ready for alpha testing. And there's no way I would be cruel enough to make anyone alpha test it.

Additional information forthcoming.
    Oh my you tease!

Oh, hush. In case you didn't know, there are prequels. :P

Southquarter.com/fms
    You probably know this already (but maybe not because you've been away for awhile?), but the mission files for COSAS3 were released publicly by TheImmortalThief.

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143539

Yes, I knew.

I flip the switch and the guards come running, but when I frob the fuse box nothing happens. Help?

its a timed part^ you have to open box and replace fuse before the guards come out,hide after changing it then wait,from what i remember

also from what i remember only one of the boxes is the right one the other 2 are traps

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    its a timed part^ you have to open box and replace fuse before the guards come out,hide after changing it then wait,from what i remember

also from what i remember only one of the boxes is the right one the other 2 are traps

That's exactly what I'm doing. I flip the switch then frob the boxes before the guards get there, but nothing happens. They don't open or anything. You say there is one right box and two are traps, but there are only two boxes in the hallway. Is there another box I'm not aware of?

its one of the boxes,i do rememebr you have to open one of them and replace something before guards get there,objective should tick ,hard to know what is going on with out video,trying my best to help

from memory remove one of the fuses after opening box ,close fuse cover then hide,i think that is how i remember it

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    its one of the boxes,i do rememebr you have to open one of them and replace something before guards get there,objective should tick ,hard to know what is going on with out video,trying my best to help

from memory remove one of the fuses after opening box ,close fuse cover then hide,i think that is how i remember it
    Thanks for the help, sorry if I haven't been clear enough. The issue I'm having is that the boxes don't open. They highlight, indicating that they can be frobbed, but they don't actually do anything when I click them with the right mouse button.

If the boxes don't open at all, something is seriously amiss. Unfortunately, this mission breaks on some non-Old Dark setups, and we don't know why.

I think the best option is to start over and try the other objective, which is the less buggy one. If that one breaks too, then sorry, the mission is just too old.

Digi and I recently discussed asking someone to patch the mission so that it works on all modern loaders, but both of us are so long gone from the FM scene that we have no idea how much work that would entail... and we don't want to ask somebody to dump another few hundred work hours into the mission. If anyone here has an estimate for how hard such a patch would be, please speak up. (And no, it would not be a general bug hunt. The bugs in this mission are legendary.)

Edit: And the information I mentioned earlier is still forthcoming, just as soon as I finish the last two hours of Klatremus' playthrough.

Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 38131823283334353637383940 LastLast