TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Help Finding Mission

Help Finding Mission

I don't have much to provide here, but I remember playing a mission (I think it was a campaign) and near the end you had to rush up a pyramid or structure to get an object in tomb raider fashion. After that, I believe you are teleported back to a city area where you first started.

Something like that was present in the last mission of the "Ruins of Originia" campaign. In this mission, Garrett arrives in some kind of ancient museum and has to find coloured round stones to proceed.

One "exhibit" in this museum ("First builder") contains an ancient Mayan-style pyramid, and the player can climb it to the top and open a secret entrance at the rear of the upper tier of the pyramid. In there, one finds a set of traps and can even get the body of this "First builder", if one carried something over from another exhibit. Of course there are natives which don't like tomb raiders very much, and thus won't let Garrett freely do what he has come to do.

Once all is done in this (or any other) exhibit, the player returns on foot to a place where he entered the exhibit, and can teleport back into the museum area from there.

There's not much of a city area in there, though. And this "Mayan adventure" is just a small part of the complete mission, there are other, very different, areas to explore there as well.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    You have to climb a pyramid to get a sword (I think) in Brawl in the Tombs, but there's no teleport to a city area afterwards.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Fortune and Glory has a pyramid and a teleporter.

I believe you might mean The Mirror of Return campaign. There may have been a stand alone FM out there before it was put into campaign form. It has a pyramid with a precursor teleporter.

Sorry I forgot to come back and check this thread.
    Ruins of Originia / Brawl In The Tombs / Fortune and Glory - Those aren't what I was looking for.

I can't find an active download link for The Mirror of Return campaign. Can someone provide one?

Instead of starting a new thread, there's another mission that came to mind today I'm looking for. Not much info to give, but I know it's a smaller mission, it's raining, and when you throw wine bottles they break.

Quote Originally Posted by Corsair View Post
    I can't find an active download link for The Mirror of Return campaign. Can someone provide one?
    I just downloaded it successfully from thiefmissions.com. Click here.

Downloaded The Mirror of Return Campaign and it's not it, but I haven't played it before so I got something new to play this weekend.

The only other information I can think to add is I played this back in either '06 or '07. I think it had to be downloaded in segments and that was back when there were daily download caps.

There's a strong possibility I'm not remembering this as accurately as possible given the amount of time since I last played.

Do you remember primitive people with colorful feather plumes and spears? I think that pyramid is a step pyramid and there is something at the top but I forget what. But it's crawling with inca like people.

"The Mirror of Return" is not the complete set of missions. Before that campaign, there is "Mysterious Invitation", followed by "Ultima Ratio". "The Mirror of Return" comes after those two. To completely understand the story, you should begin with "Mysterious Invitation". However, there's no structure to rush up in these two single missions.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Quote Originally Posted by Corsair View Post
    I think it had to be downloaded in segments and that was back when there were daily download caps.
    Back in the days, only a couple of big FMs were split in pieces to download it
    -Calendra's Legacy
    -Ruins of Originia