TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Arx Fatalis on Windows 7

Arx Fatalis on Windows 7

Ok, I installed my old copy of Arx on my brand new pc... And guess what.. It worked fine.... Untill I Installed the Brand new patch.... Only because some things were with white textures and stuff..... Now the game opens only as a small 640x480 window (like a folder) and I cant figure out how to play fullscreen... And another thing, when I jump into the hole after releasing Kultar, the new level doesnt load.... Instead I stand on a black place unable to move.... Help me out please.....

For full screen open the cfg_default.ini file in the game folder. Find the line that says full_screen=0 change it to full_screen=1 and save the file. No idea why patching would change the game to go windowed, it certainly didn't do that for me. Maybe it does this for older versions? I use GOG version and that had 1.19 patch applied before installing the new version.

Yeah install them in order if you can. The links are in lower threads.

ok. Problem number 2!!!!

Another Porblem.... The fullscreen is perfectly working now.... BUT, and there is always a but.... I cannot save the game!!!!I click save, and where should be a small pause when saving, it just makes the sound of saving(you know, that BUMP sound).... and if I check the list.... There is no save game listed!!!! Man!!!

Have you tried running the game as administrator? Sounds like you have installed the game into Program Files folder and Windows 7 simply stores your save files somewhere else. From personal experience i'd say installing any games into Program Files under Vista/7 is a bad idea.
    To run the game as administrator right-click on the game shortcut, choose properties, click compatibility tab and put a dot in "Run this program as an administrator". Then click ok and you should be set.

I restarted the game no less than 5 times, reinstalling before each attempt, tried any fixes I could find. Finally aborted, shame though, it seemed nice enough.