TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 394449545964697479848586878889
Results 2,201 to 2,207 of 2207

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Desperately dodgy geezer
    That's what I was trying to say, but you said it much better.

German localization fix

Hello, I am a fellow taffer from Germany and also a big fan of the Tfix Patch. I recently acquired the original Thief Games on Disk, which is awesome because they did a really good job at localizing this game aswell as Thief 2.
    FYI: In Germany; "Dark Project - Der Meisterdieb" corresponds to the vanilla Thief, whereas "D.P.-D.M.: Director's Cut" simply corresponds to Thief Gold - nothing special.
    Tfix installs just fine and runs flawlessly; there is one issue though - when I get to the main menu, the title graphic will say "Thief Gold" instead of "Dark Project: Der Meisterdieb (Director's Cut)", which it should say since it is the German version.
    The title graphic is handled by an animation composed of multiple PCX images as it is the case with all versions of T1 and T2. Here's the odd one out: The German Thief Gold (Director‘s Cut) has a static image because they had to slap a Director's Cut badge in there and they were too lazy to do it to all 20 PCX's.
    Tfix sadly doesn‘t handle this too well – While Tfix installs and displays the logo animation in vanilla German Thief fine, The static image in the Director‘s Cut gets replaced by the english Thief GOLD animation.
    The fault seems to lie in the intrface.crf deployed by TFix for German Thief Gold which is then located in the \PATCHES Subdirectory. TFix cannot find the pre-existing 20 PCX files and I assume it just overwrites them to make up for the "lacking", even though the one PCX that is supposed to be there - is there.
    To get rid of this issue, which is mostly the german localization team‘s fault and more of an accidental mishap in Tfix, I have (re)created a proper animation for the German Thief Gold title screen.

I would be more than happy to contribute these files to the TFix team to include them in the next release of the Tfix. Please note that this animation is for German Thief *Gold* only, as the animation of vanilla German Thief is completely intact, and, as a matter of fact, my animation is based on the latter.

Best regards

Zombified
    while TFix is built primarily for the english version of Thief Gold, I don't mind adding localisation specific tweaks and fixes as long as I can make things work reliably.

so sure, if you have created a proper animated logo for the german version, share it, and I'll see what can be done.

Thank you for your consideration, I simply made this fix work by dropping all the files into the \german\ subdirectory of \Patches\intrface.crf (not the one in \RES\) for the gold version, so I think this should be easy to implement.
    Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...GFadGlSMjVqTjQ
    Good luck!
    Last edited by Bafford; 26th Feb 2017 at 14:21. Reason: updated link

Zombified
    TFix Lite is now updated to 1.25, for all those full fix haters or people who want the 1.25 exe to have the TG icon.

full will be delayed, there are quite a few things I want to fix and I'm currently occupied with SS2 - think a week or so.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Thanks as always, voodoo. Your efforts are greatly appreciated!

Proud full fix hater here, thanks for helping to preserve these classic games.

Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 394449545964697479848586878889