TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 427 of 427 FirstFirst ... 177327377382387392397402407412417422423424425426427
Results 10,651 to 10,665 of 10665

Thread: NOW what are you playing?

Far bit more into Watch Dogs 2 now. This game sure likes to crash. Had like atleast 15-20 crashes to desktop so far. Disappearing vehicles happen semi often. This game needed more dev time. Side quests sure are fun. Quite like the new drone you get to use. Makes scouting much easier. Some very tricky puzzles.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I will now sell you on Virtual Reality. All ye who wish to hold on to your wallets, avert your gaze.

*cues up Robo Recall video that I just recorded*

Yes btw, it's important that you know this is my video so you know what a badass I am. I'm basically Jet Li in The One. Think about that next time you're about to disagree with me on which Assassin's Creed was the best.

Does anybody else look at Civ screenshots and think "they're going for 'EPIC CLASH OF CIVILIZATIONS' but instead got 'handful of cosplayers scuffling over It's a Small World'"?

verbose douchebag
    Ok, that looks fun, but the movement system would drive me nuts I think.

It's like Dishonored's blink was somehow a spot-on prediction for the future of VR gaming. Better than nausea, anyway.

Started Bioshock Remastered today. I quite like it. The Big Daddy are tough as f*** though.

I like that basically every VR game looks like an arcade railshooter from the mid 90's.

They need to do a Tron game in VR already. And not be a rail shooter.

At work I needed something to pass time, so been playing Shadowrun on the SNES. Played this game sooooooo many times that I felt the need to put a self imposed challenge in place to increase the difficulty. My challenge - Play through the entire game with the starting weapon only. Upgrading of armor, gaining of spells and upgrade/addition of augments is totally fine. Just have to stick with that first weapon. Needing to have Shadowrunner's accompany you on jobs/tasks is key to the "Shadowrun" experience in the PnP game and especially in the case of Harebrained Schemes quasi sequel to this game, Shadowrun Returns. Where as in this game (and the Genesis/Megadrive game) if you spent enough time farming money and karma points then you could solo your way through the game no problem. Time for a change.

So with this added challenge in mind I set out and did fine for most of the play through so far. Then I started to encounter enemies that the crappy Beretta pistol could not even scratch. Earlier on, farming karma was the way to go with taking on the hard enemies (eg in the arena). But when you can't even scratch your enemy and your not upgrading your weapon then your going to need a few runners to back you up, with clear class spots to fill (dps, healer, tank etc). Once I can use spells I should be ok for a while. Not sure how I'm going to be able to handle the last boss, as he's a pain in the ass even with the best stuff.

I look forward to taking on Drake Tower with several runners to back me up. For now money (or nuyen in Shadowrunner terminology) is hard to come by, but by the time I get there, should be less of an issue. Then be able to actually afford to get some runners.
    Last edited by icemann; 22nd Mar 2017 at 00:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    I like that basically every VR game looks like an arcade railshooter from the mid 90's.
    Windlands: check.
    Elite Dangerous: check.
    Dirt Rally: check.
    Audioshield: check.
    Rec Room: check.
    The Climb: check.
    I Expect You to Die: check.
    Edge of Nowhere: check.
    Chronos: check.
    (Does Superhot look like an arcade railshooter from the mid-'90s? It definitely doesn't play like them.)

On a different note, I'm taking a different approach to Skyrim, now that I'm playing the Special Edition, and I think it's helping me enjoy the game better. I used to scour every place for every bit of content, talking to every boring, repetitive NPC, all of this in a very mechanical way. Of course I got more content out of the game like that, but I was enjoying it less, because it totally went against what Skyrim does best, namely immersion. This time round, and with the help of the Live Another Life mod, I'm doing something that's closer to roleplaying: I think about what my character, a hunter and a bit of a loner, might do. If I come upon something that might be interesting, I'll check it out, but I don't try to squeeze every last fetch quest out of the game there and then, I don't explore every cave and dungeon and ruin for no other reason than because I walk past them. As a result, the game feels like much less of a shallow chore to me.

Floor 13 (Dos) massively underrated

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floor_13_(video_game)

Awesome nick on a side note.

Southquarter.com/fms
    I don't think people were even rating games back then.

7/10 is as old as history itself.

"The Wheel is very enjoyable in short bursts, but its repetitiveness and the limited number of different uses makes it less suited to longer sessions. Multiplayer is as yet buggy, but when it works it's an absolute blast. All in all, there are definitely better applications around, but if you have grown tired of Fire (or you can't run it on your equipment - it is badly optimised, after all!), give this one a whirl and you might be surprised!" - 7/10

The Wheel of Time

Page 427 of 427 FirstFirst ... 177327377382387392397402407412417422423424425426427