TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: New SS2-campaign from Christine: PONTERBEE STATION

New SS2-campaign from Christine: PONTERBEE STATION

Hot new stuff from Christine!

Her first SS2-campaign (it's too long to call it an FM) Ponterbee Station is finally ready for download.

Get it here:
    http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=PonterbeeStation

If you want to install it manually without using GarrettLoader please check the readme.txt in the zip-file.

Thanks to all Shockers and Shocklings for their great help with voice-files and photos...

Blimey, Just logged on to see if there was anything new, and find that Ponterbee Station has been released. Downloading as I type. Hope to give some feedback tomorrow after a good run-through.
    Thanks very much!

I hope you like it It contains 9 Levels, Screenshots are on my homepage: www.ttlg.de/others/christine

Trust me, everyone, this campaign absolutely ROCKS! Played it through quite a few times when I was testing it, never got bored. You should all have quite a bit of fun with it.
    She's not a maniac, a raving thing, she just goes a little mad sometimes.
    I'm not suffering from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

Here comes the sensitive question:
    Respawn rate?
    (just to make things clear- respawning for me: original game- good / RTUNN- bad )

I could play it without problems and a lot of fun...

And I hate too much respawning...

So - go ahead and download it...

Downloading... I'll play this tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malleus
    Respawn rate?
    (just to make things clear- respawning for me: original game- good / RTUNN- bad )
    btw, RttUNN should be OK now with both patches you can find in it's thread.

Quote Originally Posted by G'len
    btw, RttUNN should be OK now with both patches you can find in it's thread.
    AFAIK the patches fix the first and the last level (the first patch contained an Earth.mis, and the second one had a Gallo3.mis), and I had ... erm ... problems with another level ...

Quote Originally Posted by Christine
    It contains 9 Levels...

9 LEVELS!?
    Awesome! *runs off to download*

Enchantermon
    Is that considered flirting?
    TNTs Lair
    Citadel Conversion Project

SShock2.com

Great work

I've posted a news item on sshock2.com announcing this new FM/campaign.

Woah! I was just sucked into this campaign...
    This is great stuff. It plays on the MedSci theme from what I've seen so far and it's done very well. Sometimes I had a lil dj vu (like in the morgue) but it also has lots of surprises (like diving) and an awful lot of detail.
    What I really appreciated is that it's damn fast. Most FMs I've seen so far try to keep you glued in one place but this is different. It's vast and very lively depicted. It won't keep you thinking for too long on what to do but it's a hell of a lot of fun.
    A lot of objects were used that you never saw in the original missions. Some are a bit of a disappointment (walkie talkies) some are just great (Milka) and many stop you in amazement (HiTorques doors, smoking room, etc.).
    Great campaign overall.

Kolya

Small personal complaint: I am Jackson, but that dude in the red shirt certainly isn't me...

You think you've been surprised already? Honey, wait until you reach Hydroponics. Or the Cargo Bays on Engineering. Or the movie theater. Or . . .

Well, you guys oughta be kept occupied for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Malleus
    Respawn rate?

Buddy, lets not start knocking other people's FM's just because we're in another thread....true or untrue, sounds a bit snarky.

I've been waiting for this to come out for a while now, so I'm going to fire it up and see what I think!

(As for these 'respawning comments', just remember that if you have trouble with respawning on RTTUNN, you don't play SS2 to its potential. Become an expert then try again!)

This release, "Ponterbee Station" is an accomplishment and I salute you for the many hours it takes to make missions. Thank you for your work!

Thank you

@ Kolya - sorry, that I mixed it up, I thought you are Quinn.

Yeah, I'm Quinn AND Jackson. I'm multitasking in your campaign.
    Mmmh.
    *runs to see Quinns log*

Kolya

Christine.
    Do you ever do normal things... like sleeping?
    Downloading..

Just a quick notes of thanks for this Christine. Hving jumped backwards and sworn several times in the last hour when playing it, I've decided to take some time out and watch the football! Far less stressful.
    It's been a great year for SS2, with this and "Return to the UNN" released. I just wish I had the patience and skill to create FMs like this. Really enjoying it, and thanks for all the hard work. to you and all the contributers.

I just finished it - it took me about 4 and a half hours of pure enjoyment to do so. It is a whole game of its own - almost SS3 if you will - smoothly and addictively playable, and with so much to explore. The only problem was the lack of a map - but I can live with that. No bugs encountered. Perfectly consistant (sp?) with the System Shock universe and expanding on it.

I also loved SHODAN's voice; even though it was different from the original form, it was excellent.

I was also glad to see my objects put to a good use and blending well into an FM.

I have one question for Christine and Blaydes99: How do you do this? How do you succeed in completing a multi-MIS FM where so many of us (me included) have failed? And how do you do so in a matter of months? Your work is a miracle for our community!

Thank you

G'len - Your objects are really great
    Hm... I don't know how I do this, if I start a mission I 'must' finish it, I hate unfinished things I took 11 months for this campaign.

Nightwalker did SHODAN's voice

Kolya - wow, great work, I even didn't think about that Jackson and Quinn have the same voiceactor

It's not bad, gameplay is pretty good, but there are a lot of weird little things.
    Why are there things (hypos/implants) inside thermoses, who's function is to keep hot liquid warm?

Never heard of bullying at work?

Or perhaps to survive this desaster some of the workers just tried to hide some hypos from their co-workers. In extreme cases people use to react very self-serving...

Or another idea: Perhaps this thermoses indeed keep the hypos warm... Have you ever get a cold injection from your doctor? Then you know why they heat them on Ponterbee Station...

Well done! I am having a great time playing this. Nice and long, good plot and nice new touches.

Just having a problem in
    spoiler:
    the officers quarters, I set up the beacon and several Shodans come at me and I am unable to survive them
    . Hints?

That one's a tricky little bastard to survive. Either find the resurrection station and activate it, or get the most high powered weapon you have to use on them. I used the assault rifle on full auto. Hide in a dark corner of the room, wait for a Shodan to step into the doorway, then grab the trigger and hang on for dear life.

I`m stuck on the colony level.
    spoiler:
    I found a dead power cell and powered that up but cant find anywhere to use it. Secondly I cant find the access codes to crew and command sections.

Absolutely loving the expansion so far. And I love the easter eggs to be found in the game
    spoiler:
    Al Bundy logs and the rubber ducky rooms I`ve found so far
    . I also love all the new monsters. So good to finally take on a new kinda enemy in ss2.

Good use of humour throughout and I liked the new shodan voice.

[edit]
    Nevermind I found the codes .
    Last edited by icemann; 11th Sep 2005 at 04:51.