TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: how do you rate this FM..

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bloody marvelous

7 36.84%
  • Its ok I guess

5 26.32%
  • Too much going on

1 5.26%
  • I dont care, im too busy running around doing stuff..

6 31.58%

Thread: T3 FM: Impurities in the mix(SFM_zSchism) - poll (03/10/05)

bikerdude

T3 FM: Impurities in the mix(SFM_zSchism) - poll (03/10/05)

This is more like it, lots of fab architecture, lots of lighting, I had to stop all the time to look around, this along with the walk is what its all about... Headf on over the shadowdarkeep...

:-)

Download
    Last edited by nickie; 20th Sep 2015 at 04:56. Reason: Added download

I might be missing something blatantly obvious, but what's the name of the FM you are referring to, and where can it be downloaded?

Thiefmissions.com

I try to follow these things closely, and I have absolutely no idea what mission is under discussion here.

Impurities in the Mix, aka SFM_zSchism.

In a fit of common sense, the mission titles don't in anyway resemble the filenames of my two missions (Two Steps being the mission name for Townhouse).

But I'm glad you like it Bikerdude.

GarrettLoader tells you the mission names in the FM lists. As Ziemanskye said these two misison names have no relation to the Filenames, much like future FMs. Its unfortunate that before GL no-one really read the name of the missions in the readme and went by the filename instead.

Thiefmissions.com

Darkloader has always done the same thing, although it uses the title from the last mission present in the file.

It only seems reasonable that if at all possible the name of the file containing a mission should bear some resemblance to the name of the mission itself. It is beyond me to comprehend why someone would deliberately choose to do otherwise. (Of course, collections of missions in the same file would be a reasonable exception.)

bikerdude

etc

I got it from thiefmissions.com/demos/

Its not a full mission yet, but its still very good to play. And I for one am looking forward to when it comes out.

Biker
    Last edited by bikerdude; 4th Oct 2005 at 10:05. Reason: update, spelling

If you're on about Schism, then it's as done as it's going to be (so long as it's version 4 you're playing). It was never meant to be much more of a mission, in that the main thing I wanted to do was make something that looked good.

bikerdude

looking good

Hi mate

Well you succeeded at doing that, its the prettiest T3 mission Ive seen so far

Biker

"Bloody marvelous"

And probably the most creative Hammerite Church and retirement home, that could be used as their private asylum and/or hospital, that you will ever see!

And I have never seen so many new and unique static-meshes and animations, through-out all of my personal T3 FM fun.

And one "unique surprise" is the usage of normal daylight.
    (So much so, that your average thief player will probably feel a bit like a paranoid bug, on a bright kitchen floor, for most of his adventure.)

Plus, this seems to be the very first FM with totally optional objectives?
    (And those, along with a fine story, will make this FM nicely replayable.)

So, Thank you, for your most excellent creativity, Ziemanskye!
    Last edited by tiger@sound.net; 20th Apr 2006 at 16:29.

Any chance of some screenies of this please?

Oh, it's a T3 mission! Please put that in the title so I don't have to bother with the thread since I can't play the damn T3 missions!

Sluggs, here you are, btw. I must get my hands on this one, how come I missed it?

http://ladyjo1.free.fr/thief/article...id_article=173

Good thing that Komag put it on Shadowdark. Looks like I'm busy tonight

I think many of us enjoy FMs from ALL the games. I certainly do, though I still have a few T3 FMs to get to, including this one.

WTF?????

i fullfill the Hammer optional objective by killing that pagan in the lower area, and it checks off that objective and crosses out the Pagan optional one, BUT IT ALSO FORCES ME TO RELOAD A SAVE!

what the hell zat all about?

(it can't be cuz of the "kill no non-combatants" bit, cuz she's running around w a blasted sword in her hands!)

O M G !!! i redid it, checked, YES!!!
    it IS that clause!!! oki, fine, BUT DUDE - if you are gonna have optional objectives like that, you really shoulda made it so the ones that would conflict with a difficulty setting don't show up on the list when a player chooses that difficulty!

and how is a npc running around with a bloody damn sword out a "non-combatant"???
    (is it her "intimate toy" instead of a weapon? u kno those Pagans!)
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 9th Aug 2009 at 11:16.

I'm using Sneaky Upgrade v1.1.2.1. When I frob the glyph in the initial area, the game crashes. Any ideas, anyone?

Sneaky Upgrader
    It looks like the standard vertex pools are too small. If you're using FMSel add the part in code tags here to the User.ini file in the unpacked FM. (You can reach the FM installation folder from the Sneaky Upgrade start menu group.)

The proper way to fix it though, is to make a User_patch.ini file containing those values and add that file to the FM archive root. And then upload it somewhere and nudge the FM hosters to update it.
    Widescreen and tweaks patches: The Sneaky Upgrade for Thief 3, the Visible Upgrade for Deus Ex 2

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    It looks like the standard vertex pools are too small. If you're using FMSel add the part in code tags here to the User.ini file in the unpacked FM. (You can reach the FM installation folder from the Sneaky Upgrade start menu group.)

The proper way to fix it though, is to make a User_patch.ini file containing those values and add that file to the FM archive root. And then upload it somewhere and nudge the FM hosters to update it.
    Thanks, that got it working.

Sneaky Upgrader
    With permission from Ziemanskye this FM has been updated to fix the crash on start-up when using FMSel. (The vertex pool thing.) Additionally some obsolete files were deleted and the readme was converted to GLML format, mainly to have the proper title show up in FMSel. The FM itself is unchanged.

I've sent out note by PM to the various FM mirror maintainers that I know of - hopefully they'll update it. In the mean time it's available here.

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    With permission from Ziemanskye this FM has been updated to fix the crash on start-up when using FMSel. (The vertex pool thing.) Additionally some obsolete files were deleted and the readme was converted to GLML format, mainly to have the proper title show up in FMSel. The FM itself is unchanged.

I've sent out note by PM to the various FM mirror maintainers that I know of - hopefully they'll update it. In the mean time it's available here.
    I've found this new version of the FM to be harder to get running than the previous version. I got the old version running by adding the vertex pool thing to the user.ini, this new one I can't get started at all. It crashes while loading the level. It also took forever for FMSelect to install it, could this be a corrupt file?

Sneaky Upgrader
    I just downloaded both versions, installed them with FMSel and compared the contents. All the FM files are identical. Maybe it's your virus checker playing a trick? It's true that the installation takes a bit longer for the new version. Must be because of a higher default compression level for the zip tool I used. It didn't take anywhere near 'forever' in my case.

Could you try re-downloading and reinstalling the FM with AV turned off? If it still doesn't work, set the log level to Dump in the tweaker's Advanced page, start the FM, find the "current" log through the Sneaky Upgrade program menu group and upload it. (It's going to be somewhat long.)

Looks like Windows Defender was the culprit. I turned it off and redownloaded the file, FMSelect installed it in 1 second like it normally does and the mission loads up.

Thanks for posting that, I would even say that it might have taken me forever to think of trying that on my own.