TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thief III FM: Lord Raven's Mansion 1.1 (Updated 13/10/2005)

Thief III FM: Lord Raven's Mansion 1.1 (Updated 13/10/2005)

After about a month of hard work and alot of helpful feedback. My first ever Fan Mission is finally finished
    You can download the 40MB file from fileshare (My usual host 'Dangerous Minds' is currently down so rapidshare will have to do for now)
    Give it a go and have fun. A few problems with it which I havent managed to be able to fix, you can read the readme for that info.
    Some Screenshots are below (Some are a bit old such as the library but there isnt that much difference)

Entrance Area

First Floor Corridor

Outside

Bedroom

These pics take a while to load.

http://www.thiefmissions.com/info.cg...dRavensMansion

I cant host for a while myself...my host is complaining at me and since many people cant get Rapidshare to work, the best place is Thiefmissions.com

Just sent an updated file link to epithumia
    Keep checking www.thiefmissions.com for the update

enjoy
    -DD
    Last edited by DarkDragon; 12th Oct 2005 at 20:55.

Whoa! I need some design pointers Need to download it . . .

A few bits work best on the next version of GL (those who have the beta and those who are reading this in a few days time will see it in GL (doesn't affect the mission if you only have version 1.12 of GL)).

Also a great mission
    Last edited by potterr; 9th Oct 2005 at 17:34.

potterr, I found a bug in the FM Readme Maker...anything I type in the Known Bugs section doesnt save!

OK, so ill do a bugslist here
    Loading Saved Games doesnt work, also advancing to the next level doesnt work...think of the latter as a way of quitting Thief 3 when you finish.
    Once I work out Thiefed some more ill fix this but for now it is 'as is'

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragon
    Loading Saved Games doesnt work,
    yikes...at the risk of sounding really really dumb....does this mean that if i save or quicksave...i will not be able to reload? is so, is it fixable? cuz i do not see this clumsy taffer playing an fm that i cannot save and save and save on!

Nice screenies, DarkDragon, would play it. Will wait to download it until this deadly problem is fixed.

Just for the record - is this loading and saving thing confined to this mission?

I never heard of this problem with Townhouse, Schism, Krellick's Labyrinth, Special Vintage or The Walk, but I personnally never tried to save/reload any of them.

(oh, and Great to see this released DarkDragon, )

Nice looking game. As the others have said reloading a saved game will crash to GL with a little message. A one session game at the moment. Looks great though. Will wait for bug to be solved.

download links

you should get this upto thiefmissions.com as neither of yer links are working

biker

Thiefmissions.com

I'm not really sure why DarkDragon didn't send a copy along, but I managed to snag a copy and I'll have it up soon.

your gonna be waiting a long time

OK, ive tried numerous tutorials to try and get loading working but absolutely nothing works. I dont really know what else to try, Im not an expert at this.
    as soon as I can find a fix for this problem ill post here...but that will be a while since nobody has had the problem before.

Thiefmissions.com

This mission doesn't seem to have any kind of descriptive text file included.

its in GLML format...only GarrettLoader can read it

epithumia, open it up in GL and just copy the content out, the actual html file generated is deleted just after generation.

If you want I can create you a small tool to convert the GLML files for you.

hmmmm...i THINK ive just discovered the problem...but ill need to do some more testing first

Hello DarkDragon,

First my compliments to you for creating a lovely looking FM. I am looking forward to being able to save and reload that save as playing in one go means one false move and its back to the start.

OK...Restarting now seems to work. Just about to test loading a saved game.

Thank you marycwmbach

Thiefmissions.com

Quote Originally Posted by potterr
    epithumia, open it up in GL and just copy the content out, the actual html file generated is deleted just after generation.
    I'm a rather long way from my lone Windows-running computer, and it has neither T3 nor GL installed. If it doesn't run in Linux on the machine where thiefmissions.com lives, then it isn't useful in the process of getting FMs into the thiefmissions.com database. At least if the authors have the poor taste to use an RTF file, I can run OpenOffice over the network and convert it to HTML.

OK, Just two fixes for now

-Restarting now works
    -Mission seems to want to load alot faster now

I havent bothered calling this 1.1...the saved game fix is saved for that
    Im currently trying to get in contact with someone who is a little more experienced than me with this and may be able to help with the loading saves problem.
    Both links at the top have been updated. Watch this space

yeehaw!

I found a fix for the Saved Games!!

Just testing it out now fully, checking everything over and uploading a new file. Ill post when its up

Great news friend!!.

And you should now have GarrettLoader version 1.21 ready to download too.

DD, before you upload, can you change your readme.glml file from read only, it causes a few problems with older versions of GL being read only.
    03/Sept/06 GarrettLoader 1.41 GL is an alternative for Darkloader and also plays SS2,Doom 3 & T3 FMs + support for HL 1 & 2,NWN,etc
    GL Tutorials

I alreay have done. I dont know why that was read only...I dont remember making it read only
    but well spotted potterr
    Its uploading to Rapidshare now...should be done in about an 50-60 minutes max.

Cheers DD, rapidshare never works for me (because of my ISP) so hopefully this will be mirrored somewhere soon.

Yea it needs another mirror...I can't seem to start the download....