TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TDS: Krellek's Labyrinth 1.1 (update Oct.23/05)

TDS: Krellek's Labyrinth 1.1 (update Oct.23/05)

Krellek's Labyrinth 1.1
    Updated: 10/23/05

Labyrinth1.1@filefront
    Labyrinth1.1@thiefmissions Now Available

Additions, Fixes, & Enhancements for 1.1:
    • Improved but not fixed the "corners" release (player must aim at the top of the electric coils)
    • Player no longer needs a fire arrow to burn the plant
    • Added a couple of new objects
    • Fixed a readable

Krellek's Labyrinth 1.0
    Updated: 10/14/05

After a few months, several changes, and bug fixes I decided make an official release. I went retro with the textures and used a lot of from TG & T2.

*If you have a strange looking band around the display then updating your video drivers will help* (nvidia)

Keys, books, and other items are inventory items so use them like you would a gas bomb or a health potion. Experimental rope arrows are also in this mission and they can only be climbed on the east or west side. To get rid of inventory readables (notes, scrolls, etc.) find a trash can and use the readable near the trash can.

FM is here: 85+ MB zipped
    Labyrinth1.0@thiefmissions Now Available

Soon at FileFront

Screenshots:

Last edited by ascottk; 24th Oct 2005 at 23:02.

Hey everythings working, BUT....LOL

I have a question....I could pick up the plant in the earlier version.....But I can't pick it up now....Did u change this or do I have some new problem....Everything looks great, played smooth till i went to pickup the plant....thanks for all the hard work.....Marker98

Quote Originally Posted by marker98
    I have a question....I could pick up the plant in the earlier version.....But I can't pick it up now....Did u change this or do I have some new problem....Everything looks great, played smooth till i went to pickup the plant....thanks for all the hard work.....Marker98
    I changed it. With earlier versions sometimes knocking over the plant would confuse the objective so I nailed it to the floor.

I've seen people having the loading crash issue with the previous versions - now I'm having it with this one. The answer seemed to always be the user.ini fix and the T3main.exe fix - I did both of those already, but this FM still crashes back to GL when I'm starting a new game - the laod screen pops up for a few seconds, then crash. I have been able to play all the other FMs released through thiefmissions.com - and I think I was even able to play an earlier version of this one - but now, this 1.0 version just will not load!

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by taffedinthehead
    I've seen people having the loading crash issue with the previous versions - now I'm having it with this one. The answer seemed to always be the user.ini fix and the T3main.exe fix - I did both of those already, but this FM still crashes back to GL when I'm starting a new game - the laod screen pops up for a few seconds, then crash. I have been able to play all the other FMs released through thiefmissions.com - and I think I was even able to play an earlier version of this one - but now, this 1.0 version just will not load!

Any ideas?
    I wish i could help you but another person is having the same problem. I don't know why it runs well for some & not at all for others. I did have to raise the vertex pools due to the new textures. It might be a GL problem because potterr suspended downloads of 1.21.

I still haven't figured it out...

Quote Originally Posted by ascottk
    I changed it. With earlier versions sometimes knocking over the plant would confuse the objective so I nailed it to the floor.
    Not sure what to do...
    spoiler:
    I tried to burn it with 2 oil flasks...had to use a fire arrow to get it to burn, but nothing happened....
    any help with this.....????

Not sure what to do...
    spoiler:
    I tried to burn it with 2 oil flasks...had to use a fire arrow to get it to burn, but nothing happened....
    any help with this.....????
    It should have happened unless
    spoiler:

You didn't wake the sleeper yet & only one fire arrow should've done it or you didn't get that particular objective yet

I do have the objective

It should have happened unless
    spoiler:

You didn't wake the sleeper yet & only one fire arrow should've done it or you didn't get that particular objective yet
    to burn the plant and put out the fires and i found the note, about how to open the magic doors....and i did wake the sleeper and read the note there....I think I've done everthing....I'll go back and try to burn the plant again....

Well, if you do what I do then we're out of sequence. I often forget that you have to read the note (Krellek's Unbinding/Binding ritual) in the SW room on the top floor in order to get the objective to flame the plant. I always rush that part after I awaken the sleeper so I run & try to burn it even though I haven't got that objective yet. I'll have to do a revision so you don't need fire arrows for that objective.

EDIT: Found another minor bug You can finish the offering objective without picking up the chalice from the fountain

That bug wasn't in 0.9 but I changed some scripts and I didn't change them back
    Last edited by ascottk; 15th Oct 2005 at 23:15.

Just to let you know the bug with GL is to do with dateformats in the zip files for T1/G/2 script files and to do with a limit of 1821 files that can be extracted. I have upped the limitation to 3900 files now (which should cover all existing FMs) and the dateformat problem still exists ( a bit less now though) but should not cause an issue, it was simply a limitation to stop older script files from being extracted from the zips if you have newer ones already.

Anyway I have played version 1.0 through quite happily through GL 1.21, the maps are right, the textures are right (they do look good in T3 compared to T2), the only problem was that my PC hung when I zoomed in on something, it sometimes does this when the PC has been on for too long. Other than that I don't see that there should be any reason why the maps are wrong or that it doesn't load up.

I have this setup on my PC, so if yours is wildly different (not the game paths that is) it may be the cause.

• Game install - installed in D:\thief3
    • Editor install - installed in D:\thief3edit
    • FM location - J\thief_levels\thief_3
    • Save games - located in the default documents and settings folder (where T3 put them in the first place).
    • NOTE: version 1.21 uses a different method for save games than v1.12, mainly in that it sets a value in its ini file for the saves path rather than trying to work it out on the fly.
    • GL has had Thief launcher V2 added to the plugin toolset (instructions in the GL help) and specified to startup with the /reset CMDLine argument when thief 3 starts (this resets the registry from thief3edit to thief3, so I don't have to remember to do it before playing).

That's about it really. it runs fine with this setup.

I read the walkthrough

About releasing the mages....will i get a objective complete when i shot
    spoiler:
    The coil
    when I did nothing happened...the
    spoiler:
    coil fell from the ceiling, but the mages, weren't released....

About releasing the mages....will i get a objective complete when i shot
    spoiler:
    The coil
    when I did nothing happened...the
    spoiler:
    coil fell from the ceiling, but the mages, weren't released....
    Sometimes shooting one works, sometimes you have to shoot the other. I don't know why that happens It eventually works if you shoot both.

Just had an idea to fix that If you shoot one & it hits the ground but the objective doesn't check off then I could add another condition for when it hits the ground.

still nothing`

Sometimes shooting one works, sometimes you have to shoot the other. I don't know why that happens It eventually works if you shoot both.

Just had an idea to fix that If you shoot one & it hits the ground but the objective doesn't check off then I could add another condition for when it hits the ground.
    Shot both and they are on the ground, but the electrical arc is still there and mages can't get out.....all I have left, is this and deal with the last bad guy, in generater room...It's been a great mission.....looks like only a couple of bugs left.....thanks again....marker98

ascottk (thanks for this mission),
    I've resumed TDS after a while and maybe my skills are a little ...rusted
    spoiler:

I've got the chalice, but how to get out of the mansion to the fountain?
    is it normal that I don't see the chalice in my inventory?

Quote Originally Posted by Tozzifan
    ascottk (thanks for this mission),
    I've resumed TDS after a while and maybe my skills are a little ...rusted
    spoiler:

I've got the chalice, but how to get out of the mansion to the fountain?
    is it normal that I don't see the chalice in my inventory?
    There are two ways out of the mansion (three ways in). To the south through the front door (use the key or lock picks) or through the top on the second level. The chalice is no longer an inventory item so just frob the artifact receptacle on the fountain & statue.

I guess there's no way

No way....To finish the game...i have both coils on the ground, but mages, still can't get out.....I have all my objectives...except release the three corners and find the 3 mages....I'm looking at them....both coils are on the ground.....I got the guy to kill himself in the generator room...but no way to end mission.....guess i need to wait for next update????....

There are two ways out of the mansion (three ways in). To the south through the front door (use the key or lock picks) or through the top on the second level. The chalice is no longer an inventory item so just frob the artifact receptacle on the fountain & statue.
    argh,
    spoiler:
    I did not find the lockpicks

The rope arrows take a bit of getting used to(hard to put them where you want to) but are pretty good...I noticed you can reuse them too...

One thing I found was
    spoiler:
    The secret door next to the statues in the the room next to the teleporters seems to have been locked in this version however you can still grab a flash bomb and health flask by cliking like mad around where the door is

The chalice had me stumped for awhile...I could not find it in the inventory then read you now have to frob it...

Nice work...look forward to the next Thief: DS fan mission...

Where are the lockpicks? I could not find them

Quote Originally Posted by warriorbabe
    Where are the lockpicks? I could not find them
    The
    spoiler:
    zombie is looking at them, next to the mirror.

Ok, I seem to be quite stuck. I am in the
    spoiler:
    corridor with the three rooms, but I can't find the mirror anywhere in the rooms!

Quote Originally Posted by warriorbabe
    Ok, I seem to be quite stuck. I am in the
    spoiler:
    corridor with the three rooms, but I can't find the mirror anywhere in the rooms!
    Have you been to the top of the corridor and picked up the note on the window sill? If so, remember "the pen is mightier than the sword"

Still stuck? Frob the ink pot on the desk in the top room, then look around.

I must be missing something so obvious it's painful. Where's the chalice, please? (>.<) The only chalice-like object I've seen was in one of the display cases, but I couldn't find a way to open any of them. Help!

It's in the chest near the gargoyle statue. It's locked though.

Remember this mission has a T1/T2-style inventory system - keys go into your inventory and need to be "used" against their respective locks.

....*smacks forehead*

I probably have that key, too. I just completely forgot reading about the T1/T2 style inventory.... even though I've been scratching my head over that chest for a while now.

Thanks, Glaswolf!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast