TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: T3 C6 Mission - The Crypt

T3 C6 Mission - The Crypt

I am playing contest mission THE CRYPT. Great fun!

spoiler:
    I've found the key on the shelf, but I don't know how to open the porticulus.

Help me, please!

spoiler:
    check out where someone was sleeping

I just finished this one......first rate job.
    Last edited by maloo; 25th Oct 2005 at 10:29.

Well, I am still lost..

spoiler:
    I found the switch behind the crate, the medallion, the book, two keys (near the zombie and in the broken chest), opened the porticulus, but I don't know what to do next... I can't open the chest in the entrance area, the door to the storage, and small hatch behind the coffin in the area where magician walks...

Help!

Yes, took me a while to figure it out, too...
    This is my top favourite. Very creepy and great fun to play
    Congrats xxx, (youŽll know who, when you finish it)

P.S. Loved to hear the horn again

spoiler:
    one key is in the room with the magician, the other one is in a small box on a shelf near to the entrance of the crypt, use big crate and jump to climb up
    Last edited by UliB; 25th Oct 2005 at 11:08.

Quote Originally Posted by UliB
    spoiler:
    one key is in the room with the magician, the other one is in a small box on a shelf near to the entrance of the crypt, use big crate and jump to climb up
    spoiler:
    I found these keys, yet I connot open the chest and mortuary and storage door...

Help!

You´ll have to choose the keys in your inventory and use it (like health potion).

spoiler:
    you will open the mortuary-door from the inside, later
    Last edited by UliB; 25th Oct 2005 at 12:11.

Quote Originally Posted by UliB
    YouŽll have to choose the keys in your inventory and use it (like health potion).
    Thanks! It works! But how do I get out?

bukery
    spoiler:
    the storage room key is in the same room as the door........near zombie

Thanks!

spoiler:
    I've done everything, but I don't know how to get out...

spoiler:
    The same way you came in

I've finished this. Great mission!

It convinced me that TDS engine is not that bad. And it reminded me of classic T1/2 missions. And I really liked the old-new way of dealing with keys. Great idea!

It seems that another Slav might win Komag's contest... Congrats!
    Last edited by bukary; 25th Oct 2005 at 13:18.

Yep, compact and bijou in a good way. Although trying a bit too hard to be like a LGS era thief mission for my liking. Nothing wrong with the first games of course - far from it; but some things jolt wih T3. Took me a damnable age before I tried using keys like a health potion.

Anyone decipher the runes?

I can't get the key from
    spoiler:
    on top of the shelf
    to actually open anything. Pressing the use item button with the key selected and the locked door (or chest) highlighted doesn't seem to work. Am I doing something wrong, or do I need to reinstall the mission?

Quote Originally Posted by bukary
    I've finished this. Great mission!

It convinced me that TDS engine is not that bad. And it reminded me of classic T1/2 missions. And I really liked the old-new way of dealing with keys. Great idea!

It seems that another Slav might win Komag's contest... Congrats!
    I liked this mission. It was funny, dark and cool. Say, didn't a crypt mission win the first Komag contest for Thief2?

Quote Originally Posted by The Blob
    I liked this mission. It was funny, dark and cool. Say, didn't a crypt mission win the first Komag contest for Thief2?
    Yup, that would be Hit Deity's "Escape from Blackstone Crypt". The contest had one Thief 1 mission, but the rest were Thief 2. The only other Thief 1 FM in a contest was "Basic" in Contest 4, and I disallowed them for Contest 5.
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

Just have finished it. Very enjoyable, I think it's a definite candidate for the 1st place

The story is just fabulous for such small mission, quite complex and very interesting. Great design and attention to details, some nice scripts. I would love it if there was a full-sized T3Fm with such design and atmosphere. Reminded me of some good T1/2 undead missions.

I didn't liked another C6FM I downloaded - Defender of The Crown - nearly as much, but this one was definitely worth its 30Mb, it feels like it's thought out and planned very well.

PS: This FM requires you to read all readables attentively to finish it, there is lots of useful info.

PPS: Gestalt, the key you found doesn't fit the things you are trying it on. Search further, it will fit something sooner or later
    Last edited by 242; 27th Oct 2005 at 19:36.

242: Thanks!

A fair amount of planning must have gone into this, and the readables add a lot to it.
    Last edited by Gestalt; 27th Oct 2005 at 20:47.

Took me a while to understand how the keys work. I kept trying to press the left mouse button with no effect.

Good mission.

spoiler:
    I've killed the magician and all the undeads are sorted. Found two special loots. All I need is some more loot to finish. Got 68% and need at least 70%.I've hunted high and low and can see no more. Is there a cache I've missed.

Off the top of my head, some places to try:
    spoiler:
    - behind one of the headstones
    - the upper row of tombs in the first crypt area (near the podium/writing desk). I spent ages trying to mantle onto the ledge then realised I could just mantle straight up through the arch right beside it...
    - in amongst the crates in the laboratory (near the storage area)
    - beside the bookshelf in the same room

I think this was the only C6 mission where I actually got 100% loot.

Thanks GlasWolf,

That was the cache I did not find.
    spoiler:
    I Used two crates to get on top of shelves at the end where it was wider and then through the arch

For me it is definitely Number One and not just in Contest but from all T3 missions I've played on this day It is not actually so short and small, story line is very good (need read and explore to finish mission - but puzzles are solvable and "balanced") and atmosphere is crippy. It is completely "ghostable" and if enemies are alarmed, it is pretty hard to hide.
    Unfortunately, some sounds are noticeably louder than others and EAX3-4 features are not used well. Some other minor bugs I've found:
    spoiler:

1. In the first big room (initially populated by two thief zombies) something is wrong on the stairs. I saw twice (once for zombie and once later for haunt) that AI was "hanged" on some place.
    2. On the stairs leading to lower crypt left wall sometimes dissapeared for me and I saw sky box.
    3. Perhaps it is not a bug. When I took Horn, all hammer corpses are transformated to haunts. There is the one corpse in the room patrolled by Necromancer. I didn't see what happened, only heard, but it seems as Necromancer saw haunt and killed him. Probably it's OK and Necromancer shouldn't have undead faction because all existing undeads are "uncontrollable" there. Sadly I didn't try to cause confrontation between Necromancer and undeads in upper crypt

Quote Originally Posted by Durinda D'Bry
    There is the one corpse in the room patrolled by Necromancer. I didn't see what happened, only heard, but it seems as Necromancer saw haunt and killed him.

spoiler:
    According to a readable in this mission, Lord D. wanted to be the only undead, therefore he(or rather it) wiped out everybody else.

Very good one. Is it intentional, that
    spoiler:
    the zombies always turn towards you at certain points during their patrol? Totally freaked me out, it seemed they sensed me or something...

bikerdude

zombies

hahah yeah that got me aswell, but all the characters do to some degree..

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast