TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Quelle Galere Nov. 8/05

T2 FM: Quelle Galere Nov. 8/05

Anyone trying this yet? I've gotten quite a ways into it, but there is ALOT of frustration in that there are so many objectives (you get new ones as you go) but you can't tell what any of them are because there is no text ANYWHERE! You can't read any of the books or scrolls either. I know there is a "no kill" and "no knockout" objective - but that's about it. If anyone needs help getting to where I am, let me know - if anyone has been able to get further than me, let me know that as well!!

Perhaps the reason there is no text is because this is a French FM that has not yet been translated. I'm not sure about this, but I'm guessing that since you are playing an English Thief 2, the French string data is not showing up. Not that it would do any good anyway unless you knew French.

I just walked around for a bit and its looks quite pretty though...

Quote Originally Posted by elkston
    Perhaps the reason there is no text is because this is a French FM that has not yet been translated. I'm not sure about this, but I'm guessing that since you are playing an English Thief 2, the French string data is not showing up. Not that it would do any good anyway unless you knew French.

I just walked around for a bit and its looks quite pretty though...

I thought there would at least be french text that I could type into a translator.

I've been all over the place, found a TON of secrets, but so far I only have one objective completed, whatever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by taffedinthehead
    I thought there would at least be french text that I could type into a translator.

I've been all over the place, found a TON of secrets, but so far I only have one objective completed, whatever it is.
    Could be. It's possible this is just a bug that would show up no matter T2 version was playing (is there even a "French" version?)

Quelle Galere

Taffinhead,

I knocked out some mean lady guards behind the door beside the piano. Then, I threw a rope arrow and climed up on top of the bars over the elevator, punched a button, and went across, punched a button in there 2x and a ladder came down. I'm up there now, but I'm having a tough time getting anywhere. I cut the banner. There's a hole in wall, but I haven't got in yet. My savegame keeps getting lost. The slot is "empty", and I have to start again from the previous savegame. Please post if you have gotten any further. I don't have any objectives or any secrets.

Thanxs,

Hope Vincent

Hope:

spoiler:
    In the room you got to, frob two of the four torches and you will see what to do next

Anytime I've knocked out a guard, it fails the mission!

I've safely bludgeoned several, but they have to be armed. One mustn't harm noncombatants.

What I haven't figured out yet is how to
    spoiler:
    rescue Agnes. I've discovered her hidden cell, but her guards seem somewhat trigger-happy.

I loved the hint for the first combination lock. Very elegant.

I also haven't found a way to
    spoiler:
    douse the flames in that room next to the pedestal with the Hand of Glory.

The mission gets rather choppy after a while, and I've experienced a couple of crashes-to-desktop, but otherwise it's been fun.

I thought this was new but when I went to download it, it turns out I've had a copy of it on my machine since July, 2004. I can't say I recall playing it though.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    This may be an older French-only mission that Jason just came across recently.

Anyway, whether or not you see French text in an English install of T2 depends on how the author set up the directory structure. For books and whatnot, for example, if the files are just in T2\books, you'll see whatever's there in any language install. Sounds like though that the author did the proper thing by putting them in T2\books\French, so you won't see any text at all in non-French installs.

Thiefmissions.com

Lady Jo sent it to me over the weekend; I have no idea where she found it. Unfortunately the description file doesn't have a release date, but the description file and some other files in the zip file were modified as recently on 2005.11.05 so I think that it is quite new.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Dragon

I also haven't found a way to
    spoiler:
    douse the flames in that room next to the pedestal with the Hand of Glory.
    There is a
    spoiler:
    mech statue in your inventory, use it as a key on the pedestal

I'm stuck in a room with
    spoiler:
    3 guards? and a lady in a cell, right after you encounter a wil o' wisp thing.

Is someone working on translating it?

It does get really laggy after a while.

I've translated most of the important parts, but you wouldn't want my translation. My French is very rusty; I haven't had much opportunity to use it this century; and quite frankly I wasn't that fluent back then, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sxerks
    There is a
    spoiler:
    mech statue in your inventory, use it as a key on the pedestal
    spoiler:
    I used that much earlier, in the room with the koi pool. Am I missing another statue?

bikerdude

how do translate the objectives.

What file in the FM archive contains the objectives..? I would like to have a go and translating it using babelfish.

tis ok ive found it, going to try translating it now. Once done ill post the converted file and and the full path.

the file path within galore.zip is as follows:-

>intrface>miss20>english>

make a file in there called 'goals.str' and then paste the following text in there.

fiction_0: "You need to recover the Gantlet, it will come in handy."
    text_0: "Recover the Gauntlet"
    fiction_1: "Your a Thief not a killer! dont kill any anyone that is unarmed."
    text_1: "Dont kill anyone that is unarmed"
    fiction_2: "Find Agnus"
    text_2: "Find Agnus"
    fiction_3: "Agnus must remain alive"
    text_3: "Agnus must remain alive"
    fiction_4: "Your mission, is to free Agnus"
    text_4: "Free Agnus"

Hope this works, I'm about to try it now. Also I have found other folders with french and english folders inside, just copy whats in the french folder into the english folder.

Biker
    Last edited by bikerdude; 8th Nov 2005 at 14:35.

How are you finding out what the objectives are? Tell me so I can do it too!

I haven't found any statues yet, to get past the Hand of Glory room, I:

spoiler:
    Just shot the button with an arrow till I hit it

You guys sound like you've found ALOT of things I haven't - by the way, the girl you call Agnes:

spoiler:
    I made a mad dash for the room she is in, and that triggered an objective for me - of course, when I ran out again, it deactivated.

Please do NOT post translations of all the texts here. There are quite a few. I have been translating them with a translation program, which is doing a horrible job but it may be a bit helpful in some areas. It should be done shortly and anyone who wants a copy of the texts can just email me and I'll send them on and they can see if they can make any sense out of them.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 8th Nov 2005 at 15:17.

You're not using Babelfish, are you? That thing absolutely butchers syntax.

Quote Originally Posted by taffedinthehead
    How are you finding out what the objectives are? Tell me so I can do it too!
    I simply translated most of the .str files (including the goals) and copied them over to the corresponding English folders so the texts would appear in-game.

Yes, Reverso and Babelfish and it DOES totally mess it up but it's better than nothing. If you have better translations, even if not perfect, I'd love to have them.

As it is, I seem to be a bit stuck. I've gotten to the place where Agnus is being held but I can't figure out how to KEEP her alive. If I try to kill anyone of the guards or BJ Agnes to take her out, the game fails. I suspect I've missed a big chunk somewhere and just don't have a clue what to do now. I also have a red key that I haven't used anywhere as yet.

I also have not figured out how to get through the unfrobbable door near the little piano in the first room of the building after the guard lets you through the secret door. Feeling a little stupid here. Help?
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 8th Nov 2005 at 16:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    Yes, Reverso and Babelfish and it DOES totally mess it up but it's better than nothing. If you have better translations, even if not perfect, I'd love to have them.

As it is, I seem to be a bit stuck. I've gotten to the place where Agnus is being held but I can't figure out how to KEEP her alive. If I try to kill anyone of the guards or BJ Agnes to take her out, the game fails. I suspect I've missed a big chunk somewhere and just don't have a clue what to do now. I also have a red key that I haven't used anywhere as yet.

I also have not figured out how to get through the unfrobbable door near the little piano in the first room of the building after the guard lets you through the secret door. Feeling a little stupid here. Help?
    I gave up on "Agnes" for the time being, since:

spoiler:
    getting to her completes an objective, and leaving her again unchecks the objective, I figured she must be the last thing you need to do.

However, as for the door near the piano:

spoiler:
    One of the paintings along the stairs above that door may not be as solid as they seem

Thank you!

Somehow I managed to finish this.

I missed the part in the koi pool room at first, and the new objectives.

I did manage to find another
    spoiler:
    hand of glory(this is objective 0), when you rope arrow up into the elevator area with the 2 cages around it. There is another area that you can get to after hitting a gong in a kitchen area, you just have to wait for a guard to come running.

I get to the end
    spoiler:
    but I get mission complete before I even pick up the gear key behind the woman in the cage(Agnes I'm guessing), and all but the last objective are checked off

Okay. Made some progress but I'm stuck yet again. I rang the gong, got into the area that gives you access to and got the Hand of Glory but now how to I get back out? I found a window that I can see through that has a button I can hit with an arrow. I can hear something happening but don't see anything different. The way out is closed and so is the gate at the top of the stairs. I guess I need another push in the right direction.

Sxerks, it sounds like you aren't doing things in the intended sequence. On my first couple of run-throughs with this mission, I forced my way into areas I shouldn't have gone yet.

spoiler:
    You don't need to rope-arrow up ... if you enter the access code into the second combination lock, the cage will open and you can ride the elevator up.

And you should already have acquired the gear key from outside Agnes' cage earlier, via the window where they deliver her meals. Near where you found the rope arrows. That checks off the "Find Agnes" objective.

Nightwalker:

spoiler:
    That window? There's a switch just inside the window, on the right, which opens the gate back to the kitchen. You can't see it from the outside, but if you're persistant, you can still frob it from outside.

You must have overlooked the hidden elevator in the chapel.
    Last edited by Little_Dragon; 8th Nov 2005 at 18:51.

I was sure something was out of order, but since there is nothing I can read
    I didn't
    spoiler:
    know what the access code was, and there are 2 areas to enter a code also, what does each one do?

I could tell there was another way to
    spoiler:
    the back of Agnes cage but I couldn't find a way to open the shelf that blocked the way.

Also there was a church area
    spoiler:
    that has some window I couldn't get in, also that room Nightwalker was talking about has an elevator in the back, how do you get there.

I was sure something was out of order, but since there is nothing I can read
    I didn't
    spoiler:
    know what the access code was, and there are 2 areas to enter a code also, what does each one do?
    First lock:
    spoiler:
    The first combo lock is in a circular chamber above the security corridor. After you serve wine to a guard, you'll find the clue to the combination in his room, where he has passed out. Unlocking this combination gives you access to the security control room above, where you can shut off the turrets and electric fence in the security corridor.

Second lock:
    spoiler:
    The second combo lock is through the right-hand door at the end of the security corridor. The combination is found in Romuald's journal. Unlocking this combination opens the cage surrounding the elevator, giving you access to the kitchen and upper levels of the facility.

I could tell there was another way to
    spoiler:
    the back of Agnes cage but I couldn't find a way to open the shelf that blocked the way.
    spoiler:
    I didn't find the switch my first time, either, and I spent almost ten minutes looking for it. It's right there, to the left of the shelf, by the wall sconce.

Also there was a church area
    spoiler:
    that has some window I couldn't get in, also that room Nightwalker was talking about has an elevator in the back, how do you get there.
    spoiler:
    Ride the lift in the chapel up to the loft apartment. Ignore the window; it doesn't open. Go outside and walk along the ledge until you find a well-lit banner. Slash it to reveal a switch. It opens a door that'll eventually lead to that elevator and Nightwalker's room.

I guess I'm going to have to come back to this one when the objectives and readables get translated - I can't even remotely follow along with where you guys are at. Any idea how long it will take to get an english-language version?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast