TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Ganbatte, Thief-san! :: Post your best times here.

T2 FM: Ganbatte, Thief-san! :: Post your best times here.

You who call yourself Lord of Shadows! The noble spirit sits restless in a house of stone. Is there a mountain too high to climb? Is there a river too swift to cross? The prize awaits a champion. From the village of The City, you can be The Hero!
    You must go! Time will not wait! Your feet will be the flight of eagles. Let the gods guide your eyes and ears. Do not befall the traps of fate. Defeat the enemy! Find the source of your quest! Pick stuff up!
    Ganbatte, Thief-san!
    "Ganbatte, Thief-san!" is a set of three mini-games for Thief 2. Instead of difficulty levels, you select which game you want to play. There isn't any relation between the games and the "difficulty" they replace. So go ahead and try all three in any order.

The goal is to either complete the game in the shortest time, or in the case of the "Chase", to collect as many balls as you can. Post your best times (or score) here.

Of course, I expect there will be a large number of question, complaints, and curses hurled at me. Post all those here as well.

Just remember, if it were easy, it wouldn't be a game. And yes, I am very evil.

P.S. There is one easter-egg. Hint: You have to edit USER.CFG.

Wow, 10 minutes after you annouce it and there are already 113 downloads.

I can't play it until I get home, but just for my own curiosity right now: nande nihongo no namae o erabeta no? That is: Any particular inspiration for the Japanese title ... is it more like an homage or more like you like the attitude that comes with it ... or will I find out when I play it?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I betatested this one and it's a lot of fun! I can't wait to see what you changed for the final release, Tom...

Well, I got 1:38 on the race.

As for the balls and hunt, way too long to even mention.

I betatested this one, too.
    While doing so, the best I managed to get was 1:36 for the race.

This was kind of fun, Finis the race in 1:49, as for the balls I never saw or found any balls and hunt I gave up on after about 20 min , but taffing fun
    Keep taffing, greetings from Nielsen74

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    For the Hunt mode, try using your compass.

Hi, excellent idea. However I have got the problem to run this mission. T2 starts normally but T2 crashes after selected game start and at the end of loading... The same for all three game modes. What's wrong ? Others T2/1 missions run fine. Maybe it is due to the Darkloader VERSION 4.1 (mission needs 4.2). Where can I get it? It's only 4.1 at Bjoern's site. And Google doesn't know 4.2...
    Last edited by Aspirin; 9th Nov 2005 at 10:36.

Thiefmissions.com

I'm wondering where you were able to download the mission without seeing a link to DarkLoader 4.2.

Anyway, it's at http://thiefmissions.com/darkloader/ and there's also a thread in this forum discussing it: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101577

will it work in garrettloader?

nil8hate, technically GL does support it, however you will need to rename the ogg files to mp3 files (in theory, although its untested, the theory being that the dll will be able to detect the file format from the contents rather than the extention).
    The MP3 decoder dll used in GL supports ogg files easily, however I did not code it to use it (oversite on my part), the next version will (annoyingly it was only about 15 charcters to code to do this).
    Last edited by potterr; 9th Nov 2005 at 12:12.

Quote Originally Posted by epithumia
    I'm wondering where you were able to download the mission without seeing a link to DarkLoader 4.2.

Anyway, it's at http://thiefmissions.com/darkloader/
    Hi epithumia. Yes, I have got this mission at thiefmissions.com and I didn't see link to darkloader !!! I can see only outdated page when enter "http://thiefmissions.com/" (Last updated: 2004.12.23). And no link to darkloader. I can only guess "thiefmissions.com/darkloader/" is the right link. I think this pages need a small corrections (correct outdated main page and add link to loader). Otherways, correct ME if I am blind... Anyway, thanks for your help.

Thiefmissions.com

When viewed currently, the thiefmissions.com front page shows that it was last updated on 2005.11.08. No updates or corrections are required.

This implies that something is wrong on your end.

Aspirin, what browser are you using to see 2004.12.23? Have you tried clearing your cache? and if you are using IE, go to TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, then click the SETTINGS button and dot the EVERY VISIT TO THE PAGE to make sure you don't use your cache too much.

SORRY. My mistake... I only wonder why the outdated page was dated 2004.12.23, I am sure cache was deleted many times this year...

thanks Potterr...i will wait for the other version as i will probably screw it up...and i have had trouble switching back and forth from garrettloader to darkloader...i finally have the kinks worked out with GL...so i do not want to take any chances switching since i want to play the thief 3 fms... i really liked the simplicity of darkloader and would prefer to use it...though i appreciate the talent and work that went into GL

Problem after playing this FM

After playing this FM, the walk/animation-speed in every other FM, i installed afterwards is much too high. Its kind of funny for a short time to see people running around like in a Benny Hill-Show, but makes them almost unplayable. Im now looking for a hint, where i can set the speed back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by nil8hate
    thanks Potterr...i will wait for the other version as i will probably screw it up...and i have had trouble switching back and forth from garrettloader to darkloader...i finally have the kinks worked out with GL...so i do not want to take any chances switching since i want to play the thief 3 fms... i really liked the simplicity of darkloader and would prefer to use it...though i appreciate the talent and work that went into GL
    Having just tested the install via the next version of GL, I can say it ran fine, annoyingly all that was required in the code was (Or Right(UCase(my_cUnzip), 4) = ".OGG")) at the file extention check GL does....
    Has anyone tried renaming the ogg files in the zip to MP3 ones and installing via GL? It should run fine, although don't worry too much if it crashes during the MP3 to WAV conversions as it would have done 99% of the install and effectively be suitable to uninstall should anything go wrong.

The FM itself is really quite big with all the tunnels and things, I got to about 9 items in the hunt before being killed by the rotating post things

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue
    Wow, 10 minutes after you annouce it and there are already 113 downloads.
    Actually, there were 104 downloads before I even had a chance to post the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by UliB
    After playing this FM, the walk/animation-speed in every other FM, i installed afterwards is much too high. Its kind of funny for a short time to see people running around like in a Benny Hill-Show, but makes them almost unplayable. Im now looking for a hint, where i can set the speed back to normal.
    Replace MOTIONDB.BIN in your Thief2 folder with the copy on disc 2. Can't say why DarkLoader didn't take care of that automatically.

Thanks telliamed for your help ,
    I replaced motiondb.bin with original and tested some missions. Some peoples (guards, women) are walking normal now, but other ones (children and garrett himself) still suffer highspeed-syndrome
    I will install T2 fresh, this should fix it anyway.

My latest highscores:

Race: 1 minutes 35 seconds
    Chase: 9 balls

[EDIT: Bump! I can't believe no one is interested in this...]

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    wow, just wow, a mission designed entirely to annoy the hell out of me. that servant can run fast, i mean fast, and the level is such a huge maze that i can't find anything.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless_Voice
    [EDIT: Bump! I can't believe no one is interested in this...]
    Garrett's plodding speed even when running does not mesh well with these sort of challenges. I found all three modes to be almost instantly tiresome.

Yes, I think that for the Hunt and Chase modes he should have increased the player's speed by 20% or so, as I did in The Haunting.

Hej I found stuff in the Hunt, 7 items in 19:44
    Keep taffing, greetings from Nielsen74

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast