TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Den (Nov. 26, 2005)

I must be stupid or blind (most likely both) as nobody else seems to have had any trouble finding the touch stone. Can some kind soul give me a hint? Thanks!
    Last edited by JACKofTrades; 27th Nov 2005 at 12:30.

It's a good thing I asked after an hour of frustration!!!!! I thought you were supposed to
    spoiler:
    put some kind of pain thing on the first pedastal, the poisoned cheese on the second and then the taste thingamajig on the third pedastal
    . Thanks!

I have a problem...and man do I feel stupid. I just got into the
    spoiler:
    den behind the fireplace. Already I'm stumped. I come to a big iron gate with some stone walkways above me, and I can't figure out for the life of me how I'm suppose to get to the other side. I've been shooting rope arrows everywhere and searching for hidden switches. Something tells me though that I'm thinking too hard and the solution is extremely simple...some help please?

spoiler:
    look at the first iron gate, which is broken, near the Den entry. Take the little statues... and go to the stones block before the big iron gate, and put statues on them

Thiefmissions.com

Ah, crap, did I forget to add a news entry? Oh, well, it's fixed now.

Thank you Jason

Quote Originally Posted by gaetane
    spoiler:
    look at the first iron gate, which is broken, near the Den entry. Take the little statues... and go to the stones block before the big iron gate, and put statues on them
    I thought for a while that those
    spoiler:
    statues might have something to do with it, I even started messing around putting them on pedestals
    but then I stopped and thought "Nah, Mike, you're thinking a bit too much outside the box here".

[edit]Just beat it. Really great mission, one of the best I've played in a long time! Probably the best in the series (though I'm going to have to replay the whole thing from "L'Arsene" just to make sure, hehe). Great ending too-
    spoiler:
    I kinda turned Garrett into an action hero near the end, weakening Arsene's henchmen with a few arrows then running in and taking all three of them on in a big sword fight. Poor bastards never had a chance.
    Last edited by The Mike; 27th Nov 2005 at 13:20.

Well I've finished. Missing loot and secrets so am going straight back in to look for them.

Does anyone else feel slightly bereft coming to the end of this series, perfect in its entirety though it was. Only a couple of weeks ago I played the first 3 again, one after the other and then No 4 appears and I'm in heaven.

Do you remember Dallas when Bobby died and then a year later or whatever, he came back to life (in the shower?) - his death was just a dream. Surely Garrett was only dreaming too. Surely this isn't really the end, is it?

Secrets List

some of you are having trouble with the secrets so here they are:
    (in no particular order)
    spoiler:

1. In main hall of the fortress, frob a torch to the left of the main door to open a secret way to the kitchen
    2.frobbing a button in the "junk" room by the Meeting room will move the wardrobe
    3. Spin a ship's wheel in DE Valcourt's room to find his stash below
    4.On the 3rd floor stairwell, frob a switch under the bench in the "gazebo" resting at the top of the stairwell
    5.Frob a switch to the left of the Statue in Berenice's room to open a panel across the room
    6.Frob switch behind window curtain window to open a panel under gargoyle in the 2nd floor bathroom
    7. Frob the skull in L'Arsene's secret office
    8. frob the switch on the side of the chair by the gate lever on the 2nd floor
    9.lock pick a wall panel in a room by the library on the 3rd floor and open the chest
    10. go around the back of the stairs leading up to the den (just past the iron gate) and frob a torch to open the back of the stairs

as for the 5th stone
    spoiler:
    look behind a boarded up area in the forbbiden zone

EDIT:
    for those of you who ware grasping for coins,
    spoiler:
    there are coins in the rat-pit near Berenice's lab

bikerdude

trying to...

find the site stone in the prison area....wtf is it..

Nickie, I'm sorry to say that, but it's really the L'Arsene' end
    This rat bastard must die

I'm very happy my fm enjoys you, but I want to thank my betatesters, because without them, this mission would not have been what it is. Their advices were very helpfull for me.

Last edited by gaetane; 27th Nov 2005 at 14:19.

Plan B

IS this amazing or What??? The story just keeps getting creeeeepier....
    I was caught by surprise when
    spoiler:
    I opened the safe in "Arsene's" office
    , I am not going to spoil it here, but Holy!@#$@$. Right at a time, late at night, when you are having to NOW look over your shoulder, checking to see what's behind you!
    spoiler:
    I forgot to get my lockpicks off the table with the rest of my gear
    , so now I am backtracking through the unpickable doors and chests, finding it much creepier to go through than the first sweep.
    The color of the texture's are magnificent in many areas, and VERY VERY well done.
    It's not over yet for me, as it's a very long adventure and I had to stop playing just to get a rest.
    Ok, ok, really,
    spoiler:
    it was late at night, and I was AFRAID now!, Afraid to have NIGHTMARES in my sleep!
    , if I kept playing.
    I think I am going to finish this mission and see how its all going to end! Do I really want to know though??? The goose bumps are like bruises NOW! and not going away! Between the story and what's been uncovered is not comforting at ALL! But, I got my trusty blackjack and I am going down the HOLE! What's down there??? L'Arsene is going to pay for this!!!
    GULP!

Well I just had a look at the credits on this, my apologies for being too eager to start playing to look sooner. And seems there was a lot of input so my thanks again not only to you Gaetane but to everyone else involved as well. Pure unadulterated pleasure!

And I have the fun now of trying to find 180 loot
    spoiler:
    without the delights of stone monsters chasing me - and only 2 'loose' people to avoid

Nickie, I'm sorry to say that, but it's really the L'Arsene' end
    This rat bastard must die
    That's o.k. with me. BUT if you're looking for an excuse to do some more Arsene-style missions: I still have a bone to pick with Berenice. So don't get lazy, do us a FM where we can annoy HER.

P.S. like with the Korrigans I love luring out the bad guys and watch them kill each other. This time I only had to make sure all of the thiefs are taken out before I get the Gem

I'm still stuck on this one. Don't want to leave it alone yet. Was anyone else as cruel as I was. I didn't realise the room was all in shadow and
    spoiler:
    lured the three in the north west tower by noisemaker arrow, into the path of a stone monster, purely to get the loot on the table.
    Now how mean was that!

i have been all over the mansion and the prison...i think! and i cannot get into the forbidden area help?

no no no, this serie is finished...
    But I do not say that the Garrett adventure stops here

nil8hate
    spoiler:
    Have you the Arsene's appartments key ?

nil8hate
    spoiler:
    Have you the Arsene's appartments key ?
    yes...and i have been there...but did not find a way?

spoiler:
    Find the secret room in the appartment. you'll find the key which open the forbidden area to the second floor.

i knew
    spoiler:
    that picture was in the wrong place!!! found it!!!

Wow Gaetane !!!

What a great mission... It took me awake the whole last night and it was worth it...

Outstanding atmosphere, great puzzles...

Wow! Thank you!

Yes, It is a perfect one ;-) Thank You, Gaetane

A plea for help and the gift of very cheap spoiler

Where is the
    spoiler:
    touch ward, stone, jewel - whatever we're calling those orbs?

Cheap key-related spoiler :
    spoiler:
    I see some folks are having trouble with the door behind the altar that goes to the key of keys. You're supposed to drop something on the altar. Plan B: just jump on the altar and hang out a second and the door will slide open. Plenty of time to walk through. There's another switch on the right hand side just beyond the sliding door so's you can leave ... and have some real fun.

I must be stupid

I have no idea what I am supposed to do...
    spoiler:
    I have four stones, all my stash, all the keys except for the one in the chapel, poisoned cheese and I read the scrolls. I can't seem to find the tapestry for the taste, I can't find the crystals I am supposed to touch in the order indicated by the hand, I read about little statues by some broken gate, and I am lost.

Please help me...

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast