TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Den (Nov. 26, 2005)

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon
    Ohhhhh, I'm in the
    spoiler:
    den area; I put the two statues on a stone pedestal. Am I supposed to do something to the headless statue? The gate still won't open.

I feel so dum
    not sure what you mean...what area exactly?

now i know why i did not know where you were...i am there now finally...and i do not have a clue either...anyone??
    Last edited by nil8hate; 27th Nov 2005 at 23:07.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyoldman
    I still have a bone to pick with Berenice. So don't get lazy, do us a FM where we can annoy HER.
    spoiler:
    What, dumping her into a pit filled with hungry rats wasn't enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Dragon
    spoiler:
    What, dumping her into a pit filled with hungry rats wasn't enough for you?
    i was wondering if anyone did that? how was it? i decided not to because it seemed as though she had changed her ways!

BTW...can someone remind me where
    spoiler:
    hearing is? not the stone, got that, but where the puzzle is? this is my last one and then i am not sure what i will do after that!

nil8hate,

weapons room of the first floor of the fortress, south west corner

nil8hate
    spoiler:
    Goto the southwest corner of the mansion second floor
    There is a frobbable torch

thanks Shadows...now how about a nudge on
    spoiler:
    opening the gate in the den? nudge, push, kick in the butt!!!???

woo hoo!! that was one good kick...figured it out right away! DAWGONE
    spoiler:
    you have to put a statue on each of the posts...not the one that has one missing around the lava pit

Man...you guys are fast!!!!

Posting a second time

I am using the newest darkloader v4.2 and when I try to load this mission I get a message saying that I don't have the gen.osm file. All the other mission play fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Gaetane and i had a discussion about this many months ago...

Babel Fish Translation BOURRIQUE
    In English:
    she-ass

wonder if the people that came up with burricks in the first place knew this?

Well I searched for smell and found the location of the stone, back up stairs...

Could someone tell me where the Smell tapestry is?

And does the sight
    spoiler:
    tapestry open when all other are done?

i'm going to finish this tonight if it kills me, and it already has 25 times

Ahh, never mind, i did see it (smell tapestry) earlier, I just didn't have the stone yet... One to the Den

Now i DO need to know how to open the sight tap. There's no lock, I've got all the other stones placed. I need help.
    Last edited by Schwaa2; 28th Nov 2005 at 00:00.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    it's finished...i ---- am ----- empty!

GAetane.....BRAVO!!! i cannot say which i liked the most...but this by itself...absolutely cutrate!!! i would buy this!!! actually, put them all together and i would hurt people to buy it!! but please, don't tell me you are through?

Just finished this one with 100% loot and 10/10 secrets!!!

Just kidding, I'm over 500 loot short, and one secret missing...

Anyway... All I can say is "AWESOME"!! This mission had me going for over 6 hours, and it's hard to go that long when you wont let yourself take a break to go to the bathroom!

Leave it to Gaetane to hit all the senses! Sight, Smell, Touch, Sound, Taste! If any Dromeder could do it, Gaetane does it better!

Oh, and one last thing... Whooo Hoooo !!!! NO SPIDERS!!!!
    I hate spiders!

nil8hate

I'm going back to try that. Guess I'm out of practice. bin gon 2 lng

• WHAaaa HOOooo!!

Finished that fine FM with
    spoiler:
    7 secrets found, and about 650 short on loot
    Will go back again and have another look
    spoiler:
    I slaughtered L'Arsene, retrieved the heart, and out-raced the golems

Thanks for help over the rough spots!

ffox: thanks for the help finding the
    spoiler:
    touch item. I'd frobbed that living room statue earlier and went into the secret room but was too scared to go into the opening. I just hung out on the rope for a bit listening to the creepy sounds and said "Maybe later."

For anyone still looking: the second memo is
    spoiler:
    near the touch ward.
    But you have to have a slight heart attack to get at it

I've gathered up enough junk to begin the final push but those golems are scaring the crap out of me. Hell, the Thieves are scary in this puppy. Sure wish I could find enough
    spoiler:
    fire arrows to have an arrow for each golem. The two fast ones near the key blowed up real good.

I declare this to be one of the top five missions of all time, maybe top three. In every possible way - setting, story, gameplay, chills etc - "The Den" is a masterpiece of Thiefy goodness. I can't thank enough the folks who put this FM together.

Usually I just salute the FM authors for their hard work and I never criticize even the cruddiest FMs because those also represent hours of labor, if not actual talent. I've played enough Thief over the last six or seven years to know what works in level design, even if I can't do one myself. I sum up my level design theory like this: small dark areas and interesting tasks to complete. Too many beginner FMs have huge bright rooms and turn into endless key hunts.

Having never wrangled with the Dark Engine I don't know how hard it might be to create the kind of atmosphere "The Den" has in abundance. But I can imagine. Gaetane and his team have created something very special here for those few thousand of us still nuts enough to be playing a game that was obsolete when Clinton was president. Thanks so much for all the fun

I just wake up, I switch on my computer and I take a look on the forum.
    And it is with big enjoyment that I read your posts. I am so happy my fm pleases you!
    It is the reward of all these workdays on Dromed.
    Thanks to you all. Very very much!

Oh . . . my . . . god.

This FM is AWESOME! Kind of creepy, just a week or so ago, I decided to take L'Arsene out for a spin. Then, Emilie Victor follows, and by the time I'm done with it, I learn there was not only a 3rd mission in the series, but the finale was just released.

They were all a blast to play. This mission looked great, not to mention it scared the hell out of me in a few spots. I just got my beloved headphones back yesterday, so The Den was the first I played in weeks with them on. They block out plenty of sound, but not enough to hide a few screams . . .
    She's not a maniac, a raving thing, she just goes a little mad sometimes.
    I'm not suffering from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwaa2
    And does the sight
    spoiler:
    tapestry open when all other are done?
    I think you can open them in any order.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwaa2
    Now i DO need to know how to open the sight tap. There's no lock, I've got all the other stones placed. I need help.
    spoiler:
    Frob one of the unlit torch sconces nearby. In fact, that's a good rule-of-thumb for successful thieving ... whenever you see an unlit torch, get suspicious.

Oh, how satisfying this fm has been! Finished short two secrets and about 245 in loot.
    spoiler:
    I KNEW that bookcase opened in the store room and spent forever looking for a switch. Would never have looked on the side of that chair. Great location!
    Even seeing a list of the secrets, I cannot locate the last one.
    spoiler:
    The listed secret about lock-picking a wall panel in a room near the library and finding a chest. The only wall panel to lock pick in that area that I found leads to L'Arsene's apartment not a chest.
    What room is that in?

joanieS
    spoiler:
    Its the large office I think. As you go in from the hallway and look right, there's a bit where there are 2 arches, darkened behind, table and plant in front. One of the wall panels unlocks.

Think that's it.

Just found
    spoiler:
    another panel in the same room by the fire. Maybe that was it instead.

Can't remember now I'm afraid which one was the secret.
    Last edited by nickie; 28th Nov 2005 at 09:23.

Thanks, Nickie. Not only had I dumped a body right next to it, had also examined
    spoiler:
    the fireplace grille on the other side and went looking for wherever that room through there was.
    And then forgot all about it. Wish I had not started this fm yet so I could start it with all those great surprises ahead of me.

Ethne

Its in the garden behind the fountain.(Taste),
    spoiler:
    dont forget to bring the poisoned cheese

Sight stone

spoiler:
    I absolutely cannot find the dight stone in the prison building. Can somebody be specific please?

Quote Originally Posted by essaniael
    spoiler:
    I absolutely cannot find the dight stone in the prison building. Can somebody be specific please?
    spoiler:

NO, no, the sight *stone* itself is not in the prison building, but rather the room you must enter to use the sight stone (once you have it).

The acutal sight stone is on the first floor of the forbidden area. While in the forbidden area, go into the room adjacent to the garden where the wall has been knocked out. You'll see a door that is barred by a piece of wood. Hack that wood to pieces and the door behind it as well. You'll enter a room with a skeleton and the sight stone is right next to him.

If you don't have your sword yet, remember that it is in L'Arsene's apartment.

Has anyone got a loot list? Still searching for 180. Or any suggestions for places I might have missed
    spoiler:
    apart from the rubbish box. Don't want to stay too long looking, that rumbling is making me very nervous.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast