TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Den (Nov. 26, 2005)

nickie: You are short of at least 3 items which could be anywhere. PM me your email addy and I'll send the lootlist to you. (I'll be publishing it in a week or so.)
    Last edited by ffox; 28th Nov 2005 at 11:36.

posting for a third time

I am using the newest darkloader v4.2 and when I try to load this mission I get a message saying that I don't have the gen.osm file. All the other mission play fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Archivist
    Jahoe The last part of the L'Arsene series. Thanks Gaetane I was waiting for this one This must be a great fanmission, released two days ago and already seven pages long!!

ffox - you're my hero!! On its way.

Quote Originally Posted by mxleader
    I am using the newest darkloader v4.2 and when I try to load this mission I get a message saying that I don't have the gen.osm file.
    I've emailed it to you (it's the V 1.18 version). Just unzip it into your Thief2 folder.
    Last edited by ffox; 28th Nov 2005 at 12:02.

Recover your goods?

Can't seem to get this one checked off. I found my equipment ok but what does this objective about recovering your goods refer too?

When Garrett made caught by the l'Arsene's men, L'Arsene took his weapons and his goods.
    Garrett has to find its.

I hope answered to your question

Thank you gaetane, but I still don't understand what my goods are and more important where there are.
    BTW, this is one of the best FM's made. Thank you for all your hard work!

bobber - you'll come across some clues.
    spoiler:
    One in a book IIRC and a scroll about placing prisoner's goods in a safe. And who's holding the key.

More specific hint
    spoiler:
    Berenice has a key which opens a safe in the Rest Room

ffox - thanks so much. I was missing
    spoiler:
    Under the bunkroll, between 2 boxes middle floor and top floor smoking room coins.

All done now. And like joanieS said, I wish I was just starting it for the first time now. Will have to burn them all off onto disc for safe-keeping and replaying.

Forbidden area

How do I get into the forbidden area please? I found the door; need a key.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Dragon
    spoiler:
    Frob one of the unlit torch sconces nearby. In fact, that's a good rule-of-thumb for successful thieving ... whenever you see an unlit torch, get suspicious.
    i did fin it after searchin that room up and down so many times, i actually saw the otehr one first, couldn't frob it, got frustrated.... Finally saw the right (or should i say left one) rigth after i posted.

i thought it was a great misison, tons of atmoshpere, great layout, plot, ect...
    spoiler:
    But all of the frobbable objs got me. It seemed like I had to go around to every obj in the mission and put my nose right up to it.

That was the only drawback.

I never did figure out how to spook what's here name. i jumped down in front of here, hacked at her with my sword, Blackjacked her... never saw any clues that i linked to this...

Wow! Super! I just finished playing this mission on Normal, took me well over 4 hrs recorded playing time. What I'm really proud of is that I found all the sense stones without help (i'm patting myself in the back, almost gave up but then yanked the gamma corection all the way up...)

spoiler:
    The bit about the stone face got me stuck for a while. I was thinking too complicated, trying to feed the stones to the stone face in the dining room to make it fall off Luckily the answere was here in the forum

I probably did it the hard way.
    spoiler:
    I killed L'Arsene before I realized how to get the crystal.
    My nerves were all shot by then. I was just dying to get out of there.

Thank you, gaetane, for a truly wonderful mission!

Quote Originally Posted by Schwaa2
    I never did figure out how to spook what's here name. never saw any clues that i linked to this...
    Did you read the red book in her laboratory? Or encounter a place where there were a lot of rats?

Quote Originally Posted by essaniael
    How do I get into the forbidden area please? I found the door; need a key.
    Gaetane has already answered this question. Read the 4 posts starting here.

The Den" is one of the Best FMs I've ever played....Thank you so much for all your hard work....It was very entertaining.....

bikerdude

a first...!!!

I have played this mission twice.. which I never do!!!

The second time I ghosted it, I knocked out all the servents and nobles to protect them from the
    spoiler:
    stone gaurdians
    after I retreived the
    spoiler:
    heart of molte
    It was fun watching the guards getting slaughtered. After the kill fest was finished though I finished of all the
    spoiler:
    stone gaurdians
    even managed to do two at once, which I did a few times.

biker

Quote Originally Posted by gaetane
    Oh la la, my heart is dancing a rock'n roll in my breast!
    I hope you'll enjoy it
    Enjoy!? - It's absolutely fabulous. What a great mission.
    Includes all my favorites: Big house, puzzles and plenty AI's.
    And "over the top" graphics/textures.

Thank You! Gaetane.

I have waited and finally it has come. Thank you gaetane; I know I will not be disappointed.

It's 6 a.m. (local time) and I'm already up posting, that's how excited I am about this mission...

Okay, I have a question about the stone sentinels: When I picked up the crystal,
    spoiler:
    two of them came after me. I killed them with a fire arrow. They fell into pieces.When I got back to the manor house, I found no sentinels at all, only great piles or rubble.??
    Which was great, but what could have caused it? Was it me picking up the crystal?

spoiler:
    Indeed, when Garrett take the crystal statues destroy themselves, because the crystal has no more power on them.

However I left the statues of the den always active, because the crystal is ready-made of them, so they benefit still from its force.

Almost finished, 10 secrets, 150 loot missing, I only miss the objective with Berenice "give her the biggest fright of her life". Any suggestions?

ps. gaetane, your missions are getting better and better, I can't imagine what the next one will be like

JacekA: read the red book in her laboratory again - the 4th day entry.

gaetane, thanks, I did wonder about that, but I was so relieved and about to have a nervous breakdown that I simply didn't care much one way or another.
    spoiler:
    They were rubble
    , that was enough for me...

Hey, this is such a great mission! There are all sorts of interesting strategic options you can take, too. Like would it be better to do what I did the first time around,
    spoiler:
    which was to blackjack everybody, find the stones, dodge the sentinels etc.
    Or,
    spoiler:
    I could just BJ some of the AIs, head straight for the stones (now that I know where they are), let the guards and sentinels fight it out, dodge the whole mess, get the crystal, and then loot the place when everybody's dead?
    Cool...

I like the idea to propose two or several ways to the player to play the fm.
    I also try to adapt the mission to all the styles of playing; ghost or KnockKnock
    It is not always easy, but when I can make it in a fm I am very satisfied

I am so glad you like my fm and enjoy it
    It gives me the courage to build again with Dromed.
    Thank you very much to all

Thank you

Hi - just wanted to say a huge thank you for this fan mission which I finished at the weekend. Absolutely brilliant - it had everything! I'd definitely put it in my top 3 of all time. Well done!

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast