TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Den (Nov. 26, 2005)

Quote Originally Posted by CocoClown
    Can I have a less cryptic spoiler for the second memo?
    Memo 2 is not available on Expert difficulty. That may be why you are having a problem finding it.

Gaetane, thank you for your help. Man, I must be blind

Absolutely a great mission and my thanx to all involved !! However it isn't idiot proof
    spoiler:
    Now for the problem. I must be a fool not to figure this out but when I put the poison cheese on the right pedestal I die. Is there something else I'm supposed to do? Chant some incantations , offer up my first born son, money ....what?
    Thanx for any help

Well it sounds like you ate it... press 'r' or whether key you have mapped to the drop command and it will place it on the pedestal.

Another excellent Gaetane mission and well worth the wait. Finally L'Arsene is gone!

It would have been great to find some Emilie Victor references; this mission just screamed Emilie Victor :P

Quote Originally Posted by shadows
    Well it sounds like you ate it... press 'r' or whether key you have mapped to the drop command and it will place it on the pedestal.

see what I mean definately not idiot proof !! Thanx for your help.

Just finished (with a little help ) Fantastic mission Gaetane, I thoroughly enjoyed it, one of the best ever. Many, many thanks for all your hard work, it is appreciated

indeed, I had a lot of fun playing it (spook-outs and scary bits, too)
    spoiler:
    like in the forbidden area, after reading the book... did Garrett pee blood all over himself from fear?

I look forward to your next great work

The Den on Hard?

spoiler:
    I'm in the area with L'Arsene, 2 thiefs and the Heart crystal overhead. Got up to the 2nd floor and can't get up to the Heart...spoil me please on how do I get the Crystal?
    Thanks Coreyb2
    This really is a great FM. I finally got a new video card so I could play Thief 3 and that, to me, was a real letdown after playing so many great FMs. A big thank you to all the FM designers/creators.

UPDATE: Used the rope, got the Molte Heart and getting out.
    Last edited by coreyb2; 2nd Dec 2005 at 05:38.

Upon starting...

A nice tense beginning, and I'm not usually a fan of ghosting. I must say, those statues are highly suspicious. I'm sure I'm right; I'll not bother looking through this thread.

This mission is excellent good so far.

Did anyone else think twice about whacking the singing servant? Such a pretty song.

Need a bit of help here

spoiler:
    I have searched all over Berenice's lab and can't find a way into the secret lab.

Thanks for any help

Never mind

spoiler:
    I found the switch on top of the beam
    Last edited by Reaper310th; 2nd Dec 2005 at 14:07.

Excellent!

Fantastic FM, definately individual FM of the year IMHO, no contest. So atmospheric with puzzles that make you think. I've just done seven hours (not consecutive!) on Expert, have finished, spent some time building a box staircase to explore the top of the buildings lol, and enjoyed every second. A stunning FM. Congrats.
    Last edited by kenshabby; 3rd Dec 2005 at 09:42.

mickey70
    just feel like chiming in with the praise cause i just finished. great visuals and storyline- and you are truly a master of the triggered event! awesome wrap-up to the series.

Thank you very much every one
    Your nice messages makes me very happy.
    It is a big reward for me

BTW i've noticed that some of the doors auto close, is there a game reason for this? i know the fortress is supposely alive and evil... but do we really need the doors auto closing?

Help
    cant find the sense room for the sight
    memo2 says on dependences????

garret-son: the puzzle room for Sight is...
    spoiler:
    very close to the beginning, near where people who would be very dependent on you would be kept

Tankssssssssss
    Mr M unkee

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    I spent 7 hours playing this fabulous mission! I liked everything of it, it's one of the best FM's I ever played!

I can only hope that the death of l'Arsene will not stop you from making more and more missions for our happiness.

BRAVA GAETANE! (Italian way)

Quote Originally Posted by northeast
    Did anyone else think twice about whacking the singing servant? Such a pretty song.
    I felt a bit guilty, yes, but on the other hand it spared her from some unpleasantness later.

Singing servant? Where was she?

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Dragon
    I felt a bit guilty, yes, but on the other hand it spared her from some unpleasantness later.
    Hm. Yes and no. I didn't know about the... unpleasantness at the time. When I did, there were two people in the bar next to the kitchen and they were just hanging out like nothing was happening. All the while there are grunts and loud stomps all over the place. Makes me wonder if I could have left the singer alone.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNightTerror
    Singing servant? Where was she?
    The second kitchen, the one in the main manor structure not the prison building. She appears to be doing the dishes while singing a beautiful-sounding song French song.

On another note: bloody fast-ass statues.

Was she standing next to an open window? I remember seeing her, but I never heard her singing. I did pop open the archive and snoop through the sound folder, and found it, though. Definitely pretty. Nice work to whoever did do it. I never would've had the guts to try that.
    She's not a maniac, a raving thing, she just goes a little mad sometimes.
    I'm not suffering from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNightTerror
    Was she standing next to an open window? I remember seeing her, but I never heard her singing. I did pop open the archive and snoop through the sound folder, and found it, though. Definitely pretty. Nice work to whoever did do it. I never would've had the guts to try that.
    That's the one. Perhaps it's only triggered when you go in through the window behind her? That's what I did. Strange. Or maybe she saw you and decided not to sing.

Anyone else notice that
    spoiler:
    Various family pictures inside the mansion inherit some evil characteristics. After you take the key.
    Now that was great!

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast