TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: How do you make the clock pendulum swing ?

How do you make the clock pendulum swing ?

I checked out "search" and found http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...light=pendulum but the instructions given there do not work.

All I would like is to make the standard Grandfather clock pendulum move and go tick tock. Is there a pendulum or clock script included with Dromed ?

Does anyone know the exact instructions to make the pendulum swing and go tick ?

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    in the clocktower from the beauty contest i did one, i'll have a look at it if you like.

using targa's pendulum object

1. create a turbine, replace the model with the pendulum
    2. Under JointsState AnimS=On, Joint1AnimS=On
    3. Under Joints Halt=Continue, AnimC=Sim, Primary Joint=1, Joint1AnimC=Sim, rate-low-high=5, -30, 30
    Last edited by Ottoj55; 30th Nov 2005 at 17:17.

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    you know, i realized you are talking about the small clocks, shouldn't it swing my default? you have the hands, joint 1 and joint 2, the pendulum would be joint 3 i guess if it has one, see if my settings above work if inserted for the third joint.

This is if you are trying to make a Grandfather clock run. Create the clock and place it in your FM. Copy the parameters of the snapshot below to your clock. There are two AmbientHacks that make clock sounds, so those can be put on a marker, or have one on the clock itself. I've never tried putting more than one AmbientHack on an object before.

Last edited by john9818a; 5th Jul 2017 at 13:10. Reason: updated photo locations

Thanks Otto and John.

It is the standard Grandfather Clock object. I just wanted the pendulum to swing and make a clock noise, i'm not so bothered about whether it keeps accurate time or not.

I tried it. Your settings made the pendulum swing, thanks.

However, I cannot find either of the clock sounds "m07clock2/3", I searched all the CRF's for "m07*.*" and even "clock", but nothing.

I just found this while searching for CLOCK...

The m07clock2 and m07clock3 are names of schemas. They won't be found in the crf files. The wav files associated with the two schemas are in snd.crf.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    This is if you are trying to make a Grandfather clock run. Create the clock and place it in your FM. Copy the parameters of the snapshot below to your clock. There are two AmbientHacks that make clock sounds, so those can be put on a marker, or have one on the clock itself. I've never tried putting more than one AmbientHack on an object before.

Snapshot is not there anymore. Can anybody provide the parameters to make a grandfather clock pendulum swing?
    Thanks!
    Also, will it work if I scale the clock, say 1.5x bigger?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    If no one answers by this evening, I will post the settings I'm using in DCE. Scaling the clock will probably not effect it unless you want the swing to be wider than it is on the standard scale.

After a bit of more searching, I found it myself. In frobber's KotP campaingn, there is a working clock with moving hands and swinging pendulum.
    Scaling didn't affect it indeed.
    Sorry for resurrecting a 10-year old thread

I can repost the settings today just in case someone else finds this thread. I used Geocities back then but of course they are gone.

Edit: I edited my previous post with the grandfather clock settings.
    Last edited by john9818a; 5th Jul 2017 at 13:10.

With NewDark the Tweq settings have a 'pendulum' flag which is worth trying out.

I forgot to mention the pendulum flag and I've been using it.