TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Temple

The Dark Temple

A major update!!!

The dark temple v 0.5
    So, I decided not to give up working on the mission ...

NOTE: Version 0.5 is much different than 0.2. Italian language support added!

http://www.geocities.com/bulgarianth...templev0.5.zip

http://www.geocities.com/bulgarianth...templev0.5.zip
    Last edited by Bulgarian_Taffer; 2nd Jan 2006 at 17:47.

Can you believe it? i started to download this mission and 23kbs before i finish, geocities tells me the site has exceeded it's bandwidth limit.

Of course I believe you. That's geocities. But are there other good sites to host zip archives? I could upload it at hit.bg, but it will be even slower. The only way is to wait till it's published on thiefmissions.com or to use a download manager like flashget.

nah that's fine i am willing to wait. i did use a download manager, but once the bandwidth ran out the d/l stopped.

I can put it up on Edonkey, but on a side note, I have it and it won't play for me in GL. I may have to install Darkloader and try it there.

It's written in the readme:

* Loading information *

Darkloader 4.2 compatible. I have not tested it with an older version of Darkloader or with Garrettloader, but it may work.
    The mission has been tested on two computers and it is supposed to work fine on each machine that can run Thief - The dark project.

The fact that I haven't tested it with Garrettloader means that it may work, it may not work. You say it doesn't work on your machine.

Thief 1 FM right?

yes, potterr. btw are you the developer of garrettloader?
    If you are, please help me to get it, because my internet connection is very, very slow and I can't download GL from your site via Flashget.

I'll PM you a direct link.
    I have your FM and will have a go with it now.

That should be great.
    I do wonder why Garrettloader is so different and why this mission is not GL compatible.

You have no missflag.str file in a strings folder in the zip. Darkloader creates one if one does not exist GL doesnt. Works ok with one.

I have uploaded a working version here:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/8571832/t...emple.zip.html
    Only difference being the missflag.str file added.

You may also want to add a title.str file to the same strings folder with this content:

Code:
    title_20: "The Dark Temple"
    short_20: "The Dark Temple"
    as that should replace the Start Training and Skip Training menu options

EDIT: sorry title.str not titles.str

EDIT2: Pants I can't get the title.str to work.... not done much with T1 before, oh well it still plays...
    Last edited by potterr; 3rd Dec 2005 at 20:10.

Thank you very much, potterr.
    If there are any other bugs, I'll fix them and release a new version of the missions.

BANNED
    Few probs.....I was attacked by a Hammerite who was wielding an invisible Hammer, and it crashed every single time I opened that book on the podium in the main room.

The first thing is not a bug. These hammerites without hammers are very agressive.
    The books shalt cause you no problems... is this the book upon the altar?

I opened the big book on the table in the library first and it hung for a about 10 seconds before showing the book contents, after that the rest were fine.

Also completed it with all loot. I would suggest adding some more loot in as getting every bit of loot should be for more difficult levels (I played on normal).

IMPORTANT: Version 0.2 released, it's compatible with Garrettloader now!

http://www.geocities.com/bulgarianth...templev0.2.zip
    Last edited by Bulgarian_Taffer; 4th Dec 2005 at 08:51.

OK just played verson 0.2 and everything works, no bugs i could find, though for the life of me i can't find enough loot to satisfy the loot objective. Nice simple mission!

Thanks for adding the mission to thiefmissions.com archive.
    Last edited by Bulgarian_Taffer; 5th Dec 2005 at 10:54.

I'm 100 loot short - I'm thinking there must be a well-hidden sumthin' somewhere, eh?

It's nice to return to TDS every once and awhile - you forget that it had a charm of its own!

Nevermind, I found the last bit - what I missed was:

spoiler:
    A ring under the first table in the library

I downloaded this mission but it is seriously unstable while using darkloader v4.2. It looks good except for the transparent Hamerites and the constant weird almost, but not quite, crashing affect that makes me want to have a seisure. I guess I'll wait for v0.3.zip.

I also tried to play other missions after this one and now all of them have some sort of instability.
    Last edited by mxleader; 6th Dec 2005 at 02:45.

The ring should be on the table. I have tested the mission on two different computers and it is on the table.
    Are there other people who have transparent hammerites, crashes and objects that are not where they are supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by mxleader
    I downloaded this mission but it is seriously unstable while using darkloader v4.2. It looks good except for the transparent Hamerites and the constant weird almost, but not quite, crashing affect that makes me want to have a seisure. I guess I'll wait for v0.3.zip.

I also tried to play other missions after this one and now all of them have some sort of instability.

Are these missions only thief one or thief 2? if they are only thief one, try reinstalling thief and adding convict.osm for thief gold ( i think I have used this one, it is slightly different than convict for TDP )

Quote Originally Posted by Bulgarian_Taffer
    The ring should be on the table. I have tested the mission on two different computers and it is on the table.
    Are there other people who have transparent hammerites, crashes and objects that are not where they are supposed to be?

Well, I had looked over the table before, but was in a rush then. Later, when I was scouring every nook and cranny, I happened to be crouched and aiming toward the floor by the table when it popped into my inventory. So, I didn't actually see where it was, just assumed it was on the floor since I was down there. If I get a chance, I'll check that again later, but it's on my older computer which I only turn on when I'm playing older games.

Maybe when I have more free time I will create another thief 1 fm, this time it will be in the city. It will be a challenge to me because city architecture is very difficult to create in DromEd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast