TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thief 3 FM: Escape from Castle Black Dec. 5/05

Thief 3 FM: Escape from Castle Black Dec. 5/05

I've been playing Escape from Castle Black (and enjoying it ) but have run into a problem that crashes the game back to desktop...
    spoiler:
    when entering the code for the security combination, the first button does not work, and the game crashes when pulling the lever.
    It appears to be a bug, but any help/suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks

Whoooow, didn't realise this one came out...I shall have a go with it now....

Nice little FM.
    Ive had fun playing it and no problems when entering the code.
    Thanks to the autor.

Played it though and completed it, I had no problems with the code a...only thing is I am 100 loot short

Nice FM,
    spoiler:
    was there a blackjack though?

Well hidden loot: on cupboard in kitchen

Hotlyx - I had an issue similar to that in the beta, but I fixed it for the final release. Not sure how you can be getting that error! Have you tried resetting the FM with garrettloader and reinstalling it again?

Nice mission! I though those guards in the interrogation room were after me

Quote Originally Posted by potterr
    was there a blackjack though?
    on the table in the interrogation room

Ah, I avoided that part, nearly ghosted the whole thing (I don't like using the dagger) except it all went pear shaped near the end and I had to kill a couple of guards.

Escape Blackcastle

I've knocked out the two guards on each side of front door. I don't know where to go to find combination lock. I found the message in kitchen. Still don't know what to do now. Can someone help direct me please?

Hope Vincent
    Last edited by Hope Vincent; 6th Dec 2005 at 11:57. Reason: Escape Castleblack

spoiler:
    In the room opposite the dining room (with the fireplace) there are some stairs...easy to miss if you don't go all the way into the room

Quote Originally Posted by Hope Vincent
    I've knocked out the two guards on each side of front door. I don't know where to go to find combination lock. I found the message in kitchen. Still don't know what to do now. Can someone help direct me please?

Hope Vincent
    spoiler:
    Read the book in the child's room

Nice small fm good job.

Quote Originally Posted by maloo
    Nice small fm good job.
    I agree. Slick and enjoyable. Didn't find any bugs.

No bugs no crashes, my only problem with it, is that seems to be way too small in layout, reminds me that automatic map creator for HL1, that at the end of the map you had to go down into another level with a ladder, other than that, you can hear all what's going on from the basement to the main floor.

I could recommend using a thicker wall and place some static meshes and get a stairwell to come out of the lower levels, it would make the map look less amateur. The small hammerite room, you should have some static meshes with a curved ceiling, else it's just a collection of greatly connected boxes, is it fun and is all fine and dandy, but needs more polishing in the eye candy department.
    I understand we mappers always start by learning with experience, so patience and try to add more space in those rooms and more decorations too.

T3 FM: Escape from Castle Black - Help

Can't find the dagger!

Also, I disabled the door with the combination BEFORE I read the note about it - when I read the note, the objective came up as incomplete, and I can no longer work the combination! Anyone else have this problem!

Quote Originally Posted by taffedinthehead
    Can't find the dagger!

Also, I disabled the door with the combination BEFORE I read the note about it - when I read the note, the objective came up as incomplete, and I can no longer work the combination! Anyone else have this problem!

spoiler:
    The dagger is in a chest in one of rooms you come to, after going through the interrogation room and up the ladder in the passage. There is a potrait facing you as you open the door.

As to the door with combination, well I haven't tried it your way. Read the note in the kitchen area for the first three symbols, and then the note in the childs room for the last one. Presumably like Krellek all actions must be undertaken in the right order for them to work

Hmm - I'll have to check it out when I get home tonight - I remember a dagger NEXT TO a chest that I could not frob - maybe that's the chest and I need to look in more closely - I'm still used to T1 and 2 where the dagger automatically goes into your inventory.

Yes thats the chest. Pick it open to find what you seek.

Quote Originally Posted by marycwmbach
    Yes thats the chest. Pick it open to find what you seek.

Cool, I alredy opened it, but I must have missed the dagger inside.

problem

i have finsihed it but
    spoiler:
    the combination (that i think is square diamond square circle) cant be entered and can do square square or square diamond diamond but thats all for those first 2, the second two are the same, that is you can only use either circle circle triangle traiangle or circle triangle. ALSO in the objectives it still says i have no loot ( 60% need 0% found,) i have 1025
    so i cant get out and it dosnt finish

mm.. i just remebered that i have a GL issue so maybe that is causing it!!
    Last edited by billynone; 12th Dec 2005 at 06:14.

I think this mission is broke....I put in the combonation
    spoiler:
    square diamond square circle
    and no green light.

From what I remember it took a lot of changing round of the shapes to get the light to go green, it uses those shapes but possibly not actually in that order, I can't remember now I just kept changing them around and trying.

I had no problem whit the code, workde like a charm first time, but cant find more then 85% of the lot
    Keep taffing, greetings from Nielsen74

I'm having the same problem.
    spoiler:
    I used the combination given in the letters,
    but I can't get it to go green

Quote Originally Posted by White Falcon
    I'm having the same problem.
    spoiler:
    I used the combination given in the letters,
    but I can't get it to go green
    ... White Falcon, I had both messages about that code before I worked it.
    The kitchen message from Lady M. is one and the child's note is the second.

And, for me, the individual codes didn't go "green". . .
    But their shapes appeared to change as you entered them.
    And that was enough of a "go" or "green" indicator for me, mate!

This was an interesting FM that went from a cold and impersonal escape from jail, to learning about the dangers of staying there and onwards to a fairly personal "family story" with some interesting problems and then, to a small secret with a priest, perhaps?

Very nice and thanks, Bho!
    Last edited by tiger@sound.net; 20th Apr 2006 at 15:50.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast