TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good Samaritan (T2) Dec. 17/05

The Good Samaritan (T2) Dec. 17/05

Here's my latest creation. http://www.john62.plus.com/web/plusnet/sluggs/index.htm

Run around the City finding quests, go plane spotting, fishing, bird watching, it's all in here!

No time to say anything else right now, my mate wants his PC back for a few. Catch ye later.

Oh, did i mention Train Spotting?
    Last edited by sluggs; 17th Dec 2005 at 18:17.

Ahhh, just to repeat myself, anyone got any ideas what to do???

Thankyou, thankyou , thankyou Mr. Slugs. I have been dying for a new good size mission.

This mission looks awesome, so different then any other I've played. There's so much going on all around. I'm also having troubles fguring out what to do, but it's fun trying.
    So far I've

spoiler:
    Noy figured out much of anything. I have two quests found (who killed dew drop and find five voodoo signs) but I haven't gotten anywhere with them. I shot a vine arrow up by the broken window, but I can't break the window to get through. I tried shooting arrows and throwing the potted plant at it but it doesn't seem to work aslo I can't unlock that crate at the far end, it doesn't make any noise when I try to pick it.

I'm still pretty much lost, too, but I can help with that window. Put a vine arrow into the wood post above the window and climb up. You'll be able to pick up a key from inside through the hole.

Has anybody figured out where to put the mask?
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 17th Dec 2005 at 21:25.

The Good Samaritian

Nightwalker,

Just click on the enter sign and go in the door to get that key. Where did you find the mask?

Hope Vincent
    Last edited by Hope Vincent; 17th Dec 2005 at 21:58.

Odd, that's not where the mask should go! BUGS BUGS! Oh darn!

It's a fact, nobody ever knows what to do in my FM's!

Hang on, that's right! No clicking any Enter sign tho!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Whoa, this sounds really original and cool! Can't wait to start...

The mask is in the chest at the end of the canal, on the side by the fire in the cart. The key to unlock it is in a book under the bed in the room with the "enter" sign outside of it. I still don't know what to do with it, though. I'm also missing 2 of the voodoo signs and have several other quests that I'm stuck on. I'm presuming if I finish one of the above, I'll get farther on them.

This has some very interesting stuff in it, Sluggs!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    I'm also missing 2 of the voodoo signs and have several other quests that I'm stuck on. I'm presuming if I finish one of the above, I'll get farther on them.
    Voodoo signs:
    You will find most of them in the tunnel locations, the tricky one is above the umbrella on the table, outside area, if you can mantle up to it. Another V. sign location is at the end of the tunnel, methane gas area, where you are told about a pipe that needs to be fixed. Take the tool box with you after reading the letter=). There's a switch that opens a grate, enabling you to go down a ladder to inspect the broken pipe. The V. sign is down there.

Good show Sluggs!
    I grossed my wife out with the sewer area brown trouts. meh.. heheh.

Man I'm totally lost in this fm as have found all voodoo signs and the mask quest won't work but only one I've done so far is the dewdrop quest.I've got up to the pagan standing next the locked box but can't find a way to get the where the train go's past

OK, I don't get it
    spoiler:
    I don't understand how I can get anything through that broken window. I've thrown my vine arrow up there, but nothing seems to break it further, I've shot at it with arrows, tossed flower pots at it and smashed it with my blackjack, nothing seemsto break it, By the way Slugtgs, you seem distressed by the fact that some people seemed to find some sort of mask in the wrong place, if this is true then you really do need a few people to beta test this mission. It may make it more ejnoyable

Opps!
    spoiler:
    One of the keepers fell in the water.

In the area
    spoiler:
    below the train I die when I get close to the drain pipe.

Lobster

spoiler:
    I was able to get the key by jumping off of the rope onto the ledge in the corner.

Ahhh thanks John, it seems so obvious now!

spoiler:
    I got the key, but it won't open anything for me? Not the crate nor the room inside the enter sign (by the petted plant). I haven't found any "mask" either

Yhis mission is incredible by the way. So much fun trying to figure out what to do!

Sluggs, I like how you won't let us know anything. Don't let on unless it's a bug.

edit: I was just able to pick the room beyond the enter sign,funny that I couldn't do it before. Nothing worthwile beyond it for me though, although that spinning record was cool.
    Last edited by Lobster; 18th Dec 2005 at 02:55.

voodoo signs & enter sign

Dealasteal
    I have found 5 voodoo signs but a message came up at the last one saying only one more to go. The ones I have found so far are
    spoiler:
    1 - Above umbrella, 2 - inside 2nd ladder access in tunnel 1, 3 - below overhead pipe in pagan area, 4 - at end of accesway tunnel over unfrobbale hatch, 5 - in bottom of pipe tunnel in gas area.

Where is the 6th one?

Nightwalker & Lobster
    spoiler:
    I just walked into the enter sign at the beginning and it transported me into the room where the key is, and also the other one in the book.

John9818a
    spoiler:
    Right at the beginning a black bad guy (Keeper?) also walked into the canal and drowned - no matter how many times I restarted.

Anyone

spoiler:
    What do you do with the spiderman mask?

Quote Originally Posted by teemac
    Dealasteal
    I have found 5 voodoo signs but a message came up at the last one saying only one more to go. The ones I have found so far are
    spoiler:
    1 - Above umbrella, 2 - inside 2nd ladder access in tunnel 1, 3 - below overhead pipe in pagan area, 4 - at end of accesway tunnel over unfrobbale hatch, 5 - in bottom of pipe tunnel in gas area.
    spoiler:

Where is the 6th one?

teemac:
    spoiler:
    Behind the large gasoline tank.

Tafferlicious!

From a longtime lurker around here (out of the thievy closet) just gotta say...

I'm taffin' like a maniac, taking potshots from guards, and am totally frustrated with completing my objectives... yeeesss! Awesome mission, Sluggs... thanks!

PS: Does anyone else imagine the Benny Hill chase theme when being chased by guards? Or is it just me? Hmm...

This is certainly very original and great fun but a little buggy (needed betatesting!).

I have 1000 gold but the objective has not ticked off and all the other mini quests have not appeared in the objectives screen.

However any FM with a random bunny-hopping guard gets my vote.

Edit:

I have no idea what to do with the mask or who dewdrop's killer is.
    Last edited by The_Dude; 18th Dec 2005 at 08:10.

You also die if you jump on the crates..

OK this is weird. I couldn't find the umbrella so I went into Dromed and there it was. But it's not there in Thief on expert.

So how do I get up there?
    Last edited by The_Dude; 18th Dec 2005 at 08:29.

The_Dude

I also noticed several gfx glitches. The first was
    spoiler:
    when I looked for the 6th voodoo icon behind the gasoline tank. I had looked behind it several times earlier and saw nothing, but after DealaSteal said it WAS there I went back and after several attempts I saw the icon. Sometimes it was just a single horizontal line and other times the proper icon.
    It seems to come and go at random.

Also the fish in the main canal have pale blue strings attaching them to an invisible point in the middle of the canal. Just like they were remote controlled.

That mask and dewdrops killer has me buggered also! Lots of switches and such that are not frobbable (or maybe not frobbable yet until something else is done somewhere?) around the map.

The several clocks scattered around telling you your own local time are a tricky touch.

It sounds very original mission downloading now....

thanks alot sluggs!!!

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    good to see this is out, if you can sluggs, set up object zips for hosting for me so i don't have to slog through the mission matching objects with textures and i can get them hosted on my site.

my only problem right now is some choppy frame rates.
    Last edited by Ottoj55; 18th Dec 2005 at 10:58.

Good Samaritan Normal?

Having a problem finding a way "South through City". On normal can't get a key from the book in bedroom behind ENTER sign. Got the key in window "office key". Been through sewer and tunnel found 4 VD signs but the one above picnic table won't register. Normal playing must be different than the other levels. Any help would be great. Thanks Coreyb2

I'm playing on Normal too and I got the key from the book. Things seem to have to be done in a certain order. Once you've done one thing, something else will become frobbable that wasn't before so keep checking back in areas you've already gone through for new stuff to do.

My biggest problem so far is that there seems to be no way to tell when you've completed a quest properly. I've been dropping the Mask all over the place. How will I know if I put it where it's supposed to be?

Thanks for the help with the voodoo signs. I had found one more myself but was still missing the one above the umbrella.

I don't know what to do next though.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude
    You also die if you jump on the crates..

Hmm. that sounds familiar.

In ALS2
    spoiler:
    I set some up the same way so that they could be thrown at enemies and cause damage.

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast