TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910152025303540 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FMS : a night in Rocksbourg 1 and 2 (12/29/05)

Never mind, found a sword.

spoiler:
    Thieves den, shopkeeper. Never knew what hit him.
    Last edited by chis; 30th Dec 2005 at 12:57.

I've fixed that sound file now and re-uploaded the mission to the Keep.

bikerdude

FILE CORRUPTIONS

Ok

Its seems a number of people are experiencing file corruption issues...

Untill its fixed (although it looks like Komag has fixed his archive) make a note of the said file and drop me an email and I`ll will send you the file zipped with the correct pathing etc.

Biker
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 6th Jul 2011 at 11:44. Reason: removed email address

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    you can also pm me for the corrupt file

I'll see if Scrooge can host it on his website, so when someone downloaded the fm without the wav file, he can dl it directly... Am sorry about that crc bug, I checked out my fms before and nothing was wrong. It seems to have appeared during the upload...

Chis
    spoiler:
    the sword can be found somewhere in the security zone, it makes things funnier that way

Thanks Komag
    And lol biker : I didn't expect my "fear effect" to be that good

bikerdude

...DOH! yeah I just noticed lol
    Last edited by bikerdude; 30th Dec 2005 at 12:08. Reason: got confused...

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude
    back at Garatts digs, look for a coat hanger....
    Mistake : this is for the first mission, but he's talking about the sword in the second one

ahem, spoiler tags ...

Anyways, I'm so thrilled about this FM I've given it a mention on the EIDOS forum.

OK, mirror updated. You can now download either the whole "UNAR2_Decouverte_fixed.zip" for people who have not yet downloaded the corrupted zip (in a 2 part selfextracting archive), or only the fixed wav file "UNAR2_Decouverte_fixed_wav.zip"

Details in UNAR2_download_readme.txt.

There are also UNAR1 and others FM as well.
    I've had a "Codecs" directory with the WMV codecs as a separate installs.

Mirror : http://vsonnier1.free.fr/Thief_FanMissions/

Have phun !

thanks Scrooge for the links

And thanks Zaccheus for the mention. Now I realize I forgot them at Eidos forum...

Yet again these missions throw me a stumbling block...

I can't find the key for the door very close to the house with the spiders in. It's the door that sounds like it has a
    spoiler:
    zombie knocking
    behind it.

Looking for keys.......one for door on main floor in the inn(under the stairs) and one in water tunnel on the same street as inn.

Any help would be gladly received.

maloo
    spoiler:
    key for door under inn stairs can be found later in the fm. read the innkeeper diary to get some clues.
    key for tunnel 21 (the sewers access) can be found in the mechanist warehouse, in the security aera of Clockbell quarter : check your map, I know it's not translated... look for "Batiment Mecaniste" written somewhere on it

chis, as I said before, that door can't be opened, it's like an ambient sound, this is just for the atmosphere

Me again

I've gotten into:

spoiler:
    The place with all those 'Soul' people. I've gotten what I'm guessing is a rather important key, but I need to get that gemstone. I'm also assuming that there's a basement somewhere, with switches to open it. Anyone have any more info? Ta!

Rocksburg Miss 1

Well I'll be I went back to the hideout twice and never saw the
    spoiler:
    hooks

Gotta say though it was more fun playing with just the BJ

BTW I didn't find water arrows until all guards were put to sleep except the chrome domes.

I really enjoyed this FM ( no 1 )

Quote Originally Posted by DrK
    chis, as I said before, that door can't be opened, it's like an ambient sound, this is just for the atmosphere
    Sorry DrK, didn't see you previously mentioning that.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoClown
    Me again

I've gotten into:

spoiler:
    The place with all those 'Soul' people. I've gotten what I'm guessing is a rather important key, but I need to get that gemstone. I'm also assuming that there's a basement somewhere, with switches to open it. Anyone have any more info? Ta!

The basement:

spoiler:
    Go to the floor immediately above the red gemstone. Look through the books carefully.

I've no idea what else to do though. Got the same key but it doesn't open the door with chests behind it. Grrr! Hate. Key. Hunts!

Archivist

Magnificent DrK, what you have created is nearly perfect . It took years but finally there is another city to compete with Calendra's Legacy. And it wins concerning graphics

I'm travelling through the city in part 1. So far I only completed the loot objective. Still some keys to be found, only found the Library Key yet. But exploring this missions is so much fun I don't want to use spoilers yet to make some progress. For now I see if I can find them on my own

Quote Originally Posted by chis
    I've no idea what else to do though. Got the same key but it doesn't open the door with chests behind it. Grrr! Hate. Key. Hunts!
    spoiler:
    err is that key named "Archives key" ? soul Sath has a key with him, and that key opens the chests room...

and thanks for the compliments, I'm glad you enjoyed playing my fms
    I particulary appreciate the fact you compared my fms with the Calendra series, wow...

bikerdude

Evening Taffers

Ok you lot...

Ive got a little mini mission for you taffers that you can have a go at once youve finished playing both FM's....
    spoiler:
    As you know there are Versious zones with in the story. A security zone, contaminated zone and Safe zone. Well I have an unofficial Zone and I would like to call it the ' Forbidden zone '
    I managed to get into this Zone with out cheating (ie using dromed etc) and here are the screenies. http://www.bikerdude.org.uk/taffer/index.html

There isnt prize other than the fact that once you have finshed playing these stunning FM's I'm giving you something to help satiate your thiefly addictions... DrK I hope you dont mind

Biker

lol you had to post these pics, didn't you ?

note :
    spoiler:
    that guy is sick : I couldn't imagine the way he went there...

bikerdude

oh yes...

ROTFL - Damn right DrK , Im proud of my achivement What do you think of mini site then, took me ages to get the loops sound sorted....

Quote Originally Posted by DrK
    lol you had to post these pics, didn't you ?

note :
    spoiler:
    that guy is sick : I couldn't imagine the way he went there...

bikerdude

oh yes...

doh, posted twice, sowee

Aargh! DrK, please just release a walkthrough!

spoiler:
    I can't get that red stone, I haven't found the remaining alive keeper (found the dead one though ) But I have made it to the tunnel under the Inn.

So I could exit the mission now, seeing as I've found the exit... but only if I could complete the other objectives. Same problem as the first mission.

bikerdude

ah seek and yee shall find..

Chis

you need to read all the texts in the mission and you then get a clue as to how to get access to the red stone...

spoiler:
    look for a frobbable book on one of the levels...

biker

Quote Originally Posted by chis
    Aargh! DrK, please just release a walkthrough!

spoiler:
    I can't get that red stone, I haven't found the remaining alive keeper (found the dead one though ) But I have made it to the tunnel under the Inn.

So I could exit the mission now, seeing as I've found the exit... but only if I could complete the other objectives. Same problem as the first mission.

Thanks DrK, very cool visuals, athmosphere and sound. I especially love the use of hi-res textures and the use of light beams. I did get somewhat confused by a very long intro, but that's just cause of short attention span.

However, i am getting frustrated by the street layout. SOMEONE, PLEASE TELL ME where the frigging
    spoiler:
    cellar entrance is
    I've been circling the streets better part of an hour like a hamster in a wheel. Need a direct spoiler here. help, Garrett's out of breath and his sides hurt

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910152025303540 ... LastLast