TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 234567891011162126313641 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FMS : a night in Rocksbourg 1 and 2 (12/29/05)

bikerdude
    Hi Dream

Its not far from the gate area (where load of people are) have a look at all the walls etc, you`ll find a low one, look over the edge and....
    spoiler:
    you find a door with a knife in it.]

biker

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher
    Thanks DrK, very cool visuals, athmosphere and sound. I especially love the use of hi-res textures and the use of light beams. I did get somewhat confused by a very long intro, but that's just cause of short attention span.

However, i am getting frustrated by the street layout. SOMEONE, PLEASE TELL ME where the frigging
    spoiler:
    cellar entrance is
    I've been circling the streets better part of an hour like a hamster in a wheel. Need a direct spoiler here. help, Garrett's out of breath and his sides hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude
    Chis

you need to read all the texts in the mission and you then get a clue as to how to get access to the red stone...

spoiler:
    look for a frobbable book on one of the levels...

biker

I found one.
    spoiler:
    It opens the basement, and the keeper there is DEAD. Still can't get to the red stone.

biker, thanks for helping me salvage what was left of my sanity, i found the door and ended the level

bikerdude

coolies ...

biker, thanks for helping me salvage
    LoL your welcome :-)

Chis

spoiler:
    On one of the level is a guy with a red glowing hand, this level is directly above the level with the red stone, there is a book in one of the book cases you can frob.

Thanks Biker, but that's the one I've frobbed. I've been down to the basement... but there's nothing in there except the body. What else is there to do?

spoiler:
    Is there another book to frob?

ahh finally i completed both of the mission, top class mission m8 keep it up when will the other parts be released?? i cant wait man

Second mission started without lockpicks, is that right?? And the key to
    spoiler:
    Artemus' room at the inn
    does not work. I found the
    spoiler:
    golden hammer
    , but can seem to progress any further, or pick any locks. Any hint appreciated. BTW: great music atmosphere in the second part so far and tons of AI roaming the streets. nice job

dreamcatcher just go the the pub, youll get your gear and equipment there.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher
    However, i am getting frustrated by the street layout.
    I refer to such layouts as "architorture", myself. Fun to explore, a nightmare to navigate (or give directions to others).

SOMEONE, PLEASE TELL ME where the frigging
    spoiler:
    cellar entrance is
    For future reference ....
    spoiler:
    Starting at the basement window (the one with the spiders):

• Walk west 8 paces (passing a steam vent along the way)
    • Turn north and walk 4 paces
    • West 2 paces (toward the light)
    • North 10 paces

You should now be facing a u-shaped pipe emitting steam. Turn west and hop over a low wall to drop into the cellar entrance.

bikerdude

chis

once you
    spoiler:
    frob the book a part of the metal railings opens allowing you to walk in and grab the stone.

Quote Originally Posted by chis
    Thanks Biker, but that's the one I've frobbed. I've been down to the basement... but there's nothing in there except the body. What else is there to do?

spoiler:
    Is there another book to frob?

Quote Originally Posted by DrK
    maloo
    spoiler:
    key for door under inn stairs can be found later in the fm. read the innkeeper diary to get some clues.
    key for tunnel 21 (the sewers access) can be found in the mechanist warehouse, in the security aera of Clockbell quarter : check your map, I know it's not translated... look for "Batiment Mecaniste" written somewhere on it

chis, as I said before, that door can't be opened, it's like an ambient sound, this is just for the atmosphere

Uh, there is no map. All I get is the Notes page.

Thanks Biker, found it. Didn't occur to me DrK would put two in.

Still don't know where this other keeper is though! (and how about that Forbidden area? A clue would be nice... knowing me it wouldn't be enough )
    Last edited by chis; 30th Dec 2005 at 18:08.

John, you can press RIGHT button to get the map page.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    chis
    spoiler:
    you can find an unconscious keeper in a house above the black market. When you are in the black market tunnels, there are two exits with stairs. Get out with the one near a sleeping sergeant and a mechanist child. Here you'll see a ladder above the exit : up there is the keeper

Thanks all for your compliments. Must be tenth time I write it . Anyway, always great to read such feedbacks...

By the way, I'm already working on the third episode of the campaign, but don't expect it 'till 10 months or something like that . 3rd fm already built around 20 %...

i love that "architorture" word, suits me so well
    Last edited by DrK; 30th Dec 2005 at 19:14.

Quote Originally Posted by KuBiLaY17
    John, you can press RIGHT button to get the map page.

If there was a RIGHT button I would have used it.

spoiler:
    I'm stuck in the Namez manor with two locked doors inside and one locked outside. I searched for a key at the mechanist warehouse and found no key. I did find some loot and the new ore there.

I really like the design of this FM, but Garrett's feet have completely worn off and now he is running on ankle stubs.

I also think that there should be a seperate thread for part 2, so that people don't read part 2 spoilers and get them confused with part 1.
    Last edited by john9818a; 30th Dec 2005 at 20:59.

Hey, are you in the first fm or in the second fm ? In the first fm, there aren't maps, and you're talking about Namez, so it's normal you can't see maps...
    Maps are only available in the second fm

spoiler:
    There is a key in the courtyard, in the bushes under wooden stairs. It opens the door to Namez quarters. Once you're in there, read and try to understand Namez diary : he gives clues for the other keys.

First mission gameplay has been completed.
    Nice, but why the colors are so washed out?
    Even more pale than the originals?

Now downloading the part deux!!!

I dunno, it depend on your monitor settings, I don't find them that "washed out"
    Still, consider it as an artistic choice, to make them a lil' more realist or something

DrK, thanks again for answering my questions.

I might seem very grumpy about getting lost and stuck in these missions, but I have thoroughly enjoyed playing both of them - but some of the book-clues were probably far too cryptic for me to "twig". How about making it more obvious in the easier skill levels? (if that's possible. scripting?)

The one thing that irritates me about Thief's gameplay - especially in these big city missions - is backtracking across known territory, without knowing where to go next. So, yes, um... easier clues next time please DrK.

Nah you're welcome

easier clues next time ? hmm... maybe

Okay... this is shaming. I've scoured the underground passage...

spoiler:
    Bloody hell, I've posted more times in this thread than I have elsewhere on the boards! I can't find the switch to open the secret door in the sewers under the Inn.

Either I'm going blind, getting rusty, or DrK is a cunning sod at hiding these switches. (or all three!) I really do think a walkthrough would help with your next missions mate!

spoiler:
    At a moment it's a dead end, there is a female zomb on the ground. Look in the water, on the metal wall : there is a little switch on its corner

Nice, but why the colors are so washed out?
    Even more pale than the originals?
    The type of graphics card you are using greatly impacts the visual aspects of the art, at al Fm's. The directx9.x extensions look and work 100% better with the latest cards (nvidia 6100xx-6800xx), for example . You will you see a considerable difference taking place after upgrading. I saw a world of changes in scenery after switching to a nvidia 6800xt at 1024 x 768 monitor settings. I replayed many Fm's to enjoy the difference taking place. It's utterly unbelievable.

Just my observation on visuals.

I was in the first FM. Thanks for the hints. I finished with about 400 short max loot. This FM is really great. I don't know how mant times I tried to climb on the highest roofs, but I did make it on top of a chimney.

Am I missing somthing?

Playing part 2:

Found the Archives key, but the key does not work in the locked door in the keepers library.
    Where is the door for the Archives? And what is beyond that door in the library?

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 234567891011162126313641 ... LastLast