TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112172227323742 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FMS : a night in Rocksbourg 1 and 2 (12/29/05)

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    did you try to lockpick that door first ?

Quote Originally Posted by DrK
    did you try to lockpick that door first ?
    Yeah, okay, I feel pretty dumb right now!!

I play alot with the volume off on my laptop so when I used the lockpicks and did not see the door handle move, I assumed that it was not pickable..

Thanks for pointing out my stupidity

any idea where that "somewhere" might be? my eyes are crossing looking all over!

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude
    Hi Nil

Yes you get to the otherside of that by coming from above, just find the
    spoiler:
    ladder near a water well, climb it you go into a loft area, then go to far end and youll see another texture that makes a 'clang' when you hit it. then go look for the switch, which is on a beam somewhere

biker
    arggghhh...
    spoiler:
    (there it is right in front of the door)
    Last edited by nil8hate; 31st Dec 2005 at 01:18.

OK. I'm stuck in the second mission. I've been all over the two locked up areas, found the key to "Sewer 21" I found a secret room on a ledge, I even found the switch leading to a secret area in the sewer. but that's where I'm stuck. I can't find a sword anywhere, there's some metal bars that I can't go through in the room I'm in. I'm playing on expert and I've climbed and roped everything I can see. I found the little area down past the hammerd burrick where you climb a little wall and there's a gold hammer on a window ledge by a ladder. I've swum down wells and have seen a ghostly guy standing on top of a building by a tree. Help me i'm going insane.......

I'm having a problem in the second mission:
    spoiler:
    The bystanders seem to know whenever I swing my BJ or shoot an arrow, and immediately become alerted.
    Otherwise everything is going ok.

Any hints as to where the two secrets on the first mission are?

Ack, nvm, asked a silly question that I found the answer to a min later *blush*

Anyways, to say that I'm loving these FMs is an understament, they are utterly amazing...bravo! More please
    Last edited by Avallon; 31st Dec 2005 at 02:22.

I wonder how to jump inside the pit that contains the
    spoiler:
    heart gem
    (second mission only do not highlight), and yeah crates wont help so far either.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a
    I'm having a problem in the second mission:
    spoiler:
    The bystanders seem to know whenever I swing my BJ or shoot an arrow, and immediately become alerted.
    Otherwise everything is going ok.
    spoiler:

You know I was worried about been seen too, but they ignore you completely.

I just wanted to say I have only just started the first mission and it looks fantastic and I love the music, plot, atmosphere, everything!

Thank you for brightening my holiday blues and giving me an outlet from this rotten cold I have! FINALLY, something fun to do on New Year's Eve!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Karne
    spoiler:
    heart gem
    (second mission only do not highlight), and yeah crates wont help so far either.
    spoiler:

go one level above and look for 2 books to frob = one opens a metal door where you'll find a deadly tortured keeper, second opens an entrance to the cage with gem

UNAR 1 shows as T1 fm in DL 4.1 and DL 4.2, need help

I need assistance. In DL 4.1 and DL 4.2 UNAR 1 shows as a T1 mission and UNAR 2 shows as T2 mission. Download both from Komag's site. Anyone know why the FM is being reported incorrectly as T1?
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

did anybody figure a secret places list for the 2nd mission?
    i filled all objectives but i'm still short of loot to finish.
    will appreciate any hints, please.

spoiler:
    found only 2 secrets: one secret room where zombie appears on bed when you get something like crown from above a table, second a box on a high catwalk (?) close to where the mission starts
    Last edited by Viscon; 31st Dec 2005 at 15:32.

bikerdude

lol

Chis that one got me too :-) but while your there, grab the other keeper 'manuel' even though it dosent do anything in the game I felt better by bringing him with, coz im a good guy lol

spoiler:
    At a moment it's a dead end, there is a female zomb on the ground. Look in the water, on the metal wall : there is a little switch on its corner

bikerdude

hello

Join the club sue :-)

Quote Originally Posted by suewan
    I just wanted to say I have only just started the first mission and it looks fantastic and I love the music, plot, atmosphere, everything!

Thank you for brightening my holiday blues and giving me an outlet from this rotten cold I have! FINALLY, something fun to do on New Year's Eve!

bikerdude

ah ha

spoiler:
    there is a frobably book, that opens one of the gates around the red stone

spoiler:
    heart gem

bikerdude

:-)

hmm I see my early poll wasnt such a gushing fanboy whim afterall

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101812

Quote Originally Posted by Avallon
    Ack, nvm, asked a silly question that I found the answer to a min later *blush*

Anyways, to say that I'm loving these FMs is an understament, they are utterly amazing...bravo! More please

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom
    ... finally there is another city to compete with Calendra's Legacy...
    That is an interesting comparison, but I think it is really apples vs. oranges. I think that the map in Midnight at Murkbell is several times larger (4-5?) in linear dimension than Rocksbourg, and Murkbell a lot more realistic in terms of a functioning city. The thing that makes Rocksbourg unique and fun, to me, is how much interesting stuff and exploration is crammed into quite a small space, really, as well as the 3-D nature of the maze.

DrK,

Thanks for an excellent and highly entertaining mission. I finished Mission 1 on expert in two days of play, 4.5 hours on the game clock. I needed help from this forum finding two of the keys, library and cellar I think. The other keys kind of appeared out of nowhere in the nick of time, although the many locked doors gave me some problems for a while. Ended up with 2753 / 3069 loot and 1 of 2 secrets. I started out ghosting and gave it up after passing through the same areas 3-4 times, which got a little too tedious in ghost mode. So I broke out the BJ and KO'ed them all except for the hard hats. Like some others, I did not find the weapon stash initially, so water arrows were at a premium, which made the game play quite tense. Now that the key problem is solved, I think it could be ghosted, but not perfect thief'ed. Next time -- it is definitely worth a replay.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by smithpd
    it is definitely worth a replay.
    Thats for sure, Im gonna get some wine, cheese and crackers and have a go and getting all the loot....

Quote Originally Posted by Zwolf
    I've swum down wells and have seen a ghostly guy standing on top of a building by a tree.
    Whoo finally someone saw 'him'
    Just in case nobody ever noticed that :
    spoiler:
    someone is following you in the second mission, and he can be seen in 5 or 6 places. He is very important in the story, but you'll really discover him only later in the night

and Zwolf, once you're in the sewer 21
    spoiler:
    look for another ladder There are two access : the one you came in with the ladder, and another one which is in the other deead end of the sewer.

Safriend, it's very odd that Darkloader bug you mention, I never had such a thing before... Try to rename the zip file differently, so when you open the software, it redo an autodetect, y'know when you click on a new fm and it recognize which game it is

And thanks all for these generous compliments. It really feels great to know people enjoy your vision of thief games and have a lot of fun playing in my city . And Smithpd, it's quite a good analysis about the differencies between Murkbell and Rocksbourg

question to all : should I give hints or clues for the several secrets in my fms, as it was requested ?

Whoo finally someone saw 'him'
    Just in case nobody ever noticed that :
    spoiler:
    someone is following you in the second mission, and he can be seen in 5 or 6 places. He is very important in the story, but you'll really discover him only later in the night

and Zwolf, once you're in the sewer 21
    spoiler:
    look for another ladder There are two access : the one you came in with the ladder, and another one which is in the other deead end of the sewer.
    Thank you!! I thought my eyes were gonna fall out of my head looking for stuff I guess I need to look for stuff that's hidden in plain sight Great FM by the way, when you finally get it all done I think it will be a true Thiefy masterpiece! Master Thiefy piece?

I am on the second mission and am stuck...

I've got into the Builder's Children compound and explored the buildings around there, even finding the secret place and saw a semi visible thing... i also got into tunnel 21.

Now i am trying to get to the area indicated by the 2nd map, i also can't find the sword - there's an armory in the safe area i think with a sign with helmet but don't think that's it. I can't find the key to the sewer in the pub either.

thanks in advance. and quite a complex mission must have taken some time to do.

spoiler:

You know I was worried about been seen too, but they ignore you completely.

Yes, now, they have no choice but to ignore me.

Anyone in Taiwan who has Sparqnet dsl and an IP ending in 143 check your PC for viruses. The virus W32.Netsky.D@mm is being sent by your PC.

spoiler:
    At the beginning of the second mission, you are in a safety aera, so the few survivors left are quiet in here. the city watch and citizens will ignore you because they consider you as a survivor too. Still, if they see you with weapons, they might get afraid, as they are quite shocked with what happened to them . some will run away, others will alarm the guards, others won't even care about you, it depends on each Ai, it's random. Act as if you were an innocent citizen in the safety aera, and there won't be any problem . And if you have to use rope arrows or something, well try to get hid before...

shadows, same prob as Zwolf :
    spoiler:
    once in the sewer 21 look for another ladder. There are two access : the one you came in with the ladder, and another one which is in the other deead end of the sewer.

Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112172227323742 ... LastLast