TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Under Templehill Released Jan/06

Under Templehill Released Jan/06

Version 1.1 is now available for download:

Thief missions: http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=UnderTemplehill

A walk-through and loot list (by Nightwalker and Freddy Fox) is now available at the above link too.

"Me and Hrolf, we go back a long way. We used to hang out together as kids, getting into scraps, the usual. We fell out over something right about the time the Keepers found me, and I kind of lost track of him. Seems he fell in with a better crowd than me, and kept himself on the right side of the law.

"Somehow he's become quite the respected business man, selling carpets to the rich. Even disposes of the old carpets as well, all part of the service. Then he cleans them, and selling them to the not-quite-so-rich. Got a wife and daughter too; I guess that's one benefit of going legit.

"We keep on nodding acquaintance for old time's sake, but I think Hrolf is a little embarrassed about being associated with a crook - not the sort of thing you want Lord High-and-mighty to see. Then, I received a letter from him..."

Garrett

A grave misfortune has befallen me and, although we have not spoken much in recent years, I hope you will find it in your heart to help me. I understand you would appreciate a more tangible reward, and though I am not a wealthy man, I can offer you 500 gold coins if you will find me darling daughter Jemola for me with all urgency.

She disappeared from her apartment last night, and Otis, a metalwright who has taken her as an apprentice, is convinced of foul play. Otis is, I think, an honest man, but you must of course use your judgement as you see fit.

Otis reported her disappearance to the watch, but I need not tell you how effective they are.

His workshop is the last on the left as you walk down the Shamblings in the Templehill District. Jemola has a room on the ground floor; perhaps that would be a good place to start. I have drawn a rough map of the district, I hope it is useful - and accurate. I have enclosed a locket too, that you might recognise her - please return it.

Templehill is one of the more secure districts, and I think it most likely she is still there - somewhere. But this makes getting into it difficult. It is bounded to the North by the estuary, to the East and South by the river and to the west by the Electro-Mule Railroute, beyond which is the naval dockyard, which I imagine would tax even your skills to pass through. The only bridge over the river is secured, the gate operated from the guard station inside the district. I am afraid you will have to swim to the quayside to get in, and hope you can get Jemola out through the Bridge Street gate.

Please - find my daughter.

Hrolf
    "I figure he can afford a little more than 500 gold if I can save his daughter, but he's an old friend right? And he must know the interior of more mansions in this city than anyone else. Except me, perhaps."
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 23rd Sep 2008 at 16:49.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    y'know, I think Komag or Scrooge could host your fm too, you don't need to wait for Jason

Oh excitement! Are you going to have Komag host it so we can play very, very soon???

Yeah, man, really soon! I'm soon off to my burrow again, after having stayed at my parents' for a week, downloading some FM's at my dad's computer (I don't have internet myself). So please make your interesting looking FM available really soon, please please please?

You can always use services like rapidshare or megaupload to host your mission.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK
    y'know, I think Komag or Scrooge could host your fm too, you don't need to wait for Jason
    Exactly, if the author provide me a download link, I'll be happy to mirror the mission on my "site"

Having had the privilege to be a betatester for this FM, I can highly recommend it. It's very nicely put together and is a treat to play. You'll enjoy it, I can guarantee!

I totally agree Nightwalker. Well put together, the story works superbly. I have definitely become a great fan of The Pixie.

Hola

arriva arriva

cool

I have a feeling it's gonna be a while before we get to play this, but i look forward to it.

OK, the TempleHill mission is now mirrored on my site. Enjoy !

Thankyou Scrooge...I need a Thief Fix reeeeeal bad. Im Jonesin

Your poor bandwidth over the next few momments 0:

OK problems...

I downloaded it and the file is corrupt, either the file on the website is corrupt or i had a bad download. The exact file size i have in bytes is: 13,515,083 bytes, what does everyone else have?

Quote Originally Posted by shadows
    OK problems...

I downloaded it and the file is corrupt, either the file on the website is corrupt or i had a bad download. The exact file size i have in bytes is: 13,515,083 bytes, what does everyone else have?
    That's the exact size of my downloaded file (12.8 in MB) and it works fine. I was able to install the mission with Darkloader 4.2 and even bring up the custom title screen (haven't played it yet, though)..

Maybe you should just try it again.

And thank you for the mission Pixie and also thanks to Scrooge for helping out us Thief addicts in our time of need. :-)

As the file DOWNLOAD_README_FIRST!!!!.txt on my site states:

DO NOT USE BLOODY HELLISH DOWNLOAD MANAGERS, USE SIMPLE BROWSERS

Seems Flashget and such creates corruptions. Not 100% sure, but...

Edit : size is 13 515 083 bytes.

No problems with the download.
    I like
    spoiler:
    the ships at the beginning. Cool!!

spoiler:
    Still can't get in the giant skull area... not sure what to do.

I'll get it on the Keep shortly...

EDIT - It's there now, download away!
    Last edited by Komag; 7th Jan 2006 at 20:45.
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Thanks for the mirror Scrooge
    Downloading now...

Oh and thanks to Pixie for a new fm

Scrooge, nice of you to host the file. Personally I'll wait, my days of 28.8kbs downloads are long gone. I know that's not Scrooge's fault, just the upload cap from his ISP, but I can't stand waiting 15 minutes for a 13meg file. 13megs usually takes me..oh I don't know, about 25 secs to download

Uh, it's at the Keep now, easy downloading!
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

I should have checked ...duh

This is another fantastic FM so far but I'm now working around stuck.
    spoiler:
    I have the dung but when I put it in the bottom part of the contraption in the church and press the button it disapears - don't know what I have to do! I have also got the crypt key but don't know what I need to get past the crypt entrance! I also need to find the skull mentioned in the notes. What do I need to do next to continue?

Sir Lance
    spoiler:
    The dung should be visible in the compartment now. However, there is a second compartment...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lance
    spoiler:
    I have the dung but when I put it in the bottom part of the contraption in the church and press the button it disapears - don't know what I have to do!
    spoiler:
    I pressed the button on the machine in the workshop and the dung appeared. I took the dung and used it on the "thing" in the crypt entry-room. The the floor changed to stairs and - voilą

Great FM. Nice city. Fun to explore. Great hunt for secrets (found 7 so far)
    Good job

Edit: Just released Undines staff. Great ! Wohoo...(back to Templehill)
    Last edited by UliB; 8th Jan 2006 at 13:16.

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast