TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T2 Mission Mysterious Invitation Jan. 16/06

Cripplewood & his Key?

I can not find Cripplewood or his key. What is he wearing? Is he a guard?
    Got the Capt. key and searched everywhere for this guy. HELP!
    Thanks Coreyb

Update: I finally found him on the first floor trying to walk through the wall...he
    must of been at the tavern for too long.
    Last edited by coreyb2; 20th Jan 2006 at 23:43.

I found him
    spoiler:
    stuck in a door (I love it when that happens) near one of the guard post downstairs. His key was on him. He's not a guard or servant type, he's the only one I've seen dressed like that, think he's got a bit of a beer belly and a pointy hat!

Ok, finished now, and enjoyed this very much. I found the floating sword and, playing normal, the only crashing I had in the labyrinth was when I tried to quicksave or load from a quicksave, can't remember which. Not a major problem. Chicken thief like me saves a lot!
    Last edited by nickie; 20th Jan 2006 at 14:01.

I must be missing something obvious, but how do I get into the armory?

You can't, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by MH.TheFreak
    A few important things: There are really no lockpicks in the mission. And there's nothing in the armory, therefore the door isn't frobbable (is this word correct? ).

Well, then, I guess I can stop trying. Thanks, Nightwalker.

Hey,
    spoiler:
    Whenever I get into the labyrinth and reach the giant, my game crashes..
    Does anyone know if this is a common glitch or just my computer?? Thanks for any help.

K2138

Quote Originally Posted by MH.TheFreak
    A few important things: There are really no lockpicks in the mission. And there's nothing in the armory, therefore the door isn't frobbable (is this word correct? ).
    Because of this problem with the crash, I have no idea, how I can fix this.
    In our world of taffing fun 'frobbable' is certainly a word!

Keeper2138, that didn't happen to me. It seems the FM has a few odd bugs in any case. I found that i could use my broadhead arrows and rope arrows but not the other arrows, yet other people could only use broadhead arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper2138
    Does anyone know if this is a common glitch or just my computer?? Thanks for any help.
    It crashed on me during my first playthrough, but not on the second.

I'll keep trying.. thanks

tnx

finished on normal without any help from here.
    nice mission. tnx MH.TheFreak

Nice and challenging mission, thank you!

But now I need a little help, please: I am playing on expert and can't find the information about where Cripplewood will go after he leaves Duncan? I have been in his room and found nothing except the way to the next one. Did I miss something obvious, nobody else seems to have this problem?

Open the chest in Cripplewood's room and you'll pick up a scroll. Read it and the objective should check off.

Thank you, Nightwalker, you saved me!

How do I get into the armory ? I have been all over the captains office and bedroom and have found nothing.

And what is the weird insturment like sound I here every once in awhile ?? It is about 5 notes and sounds like a string insturment.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 2nd Feb 2006 at 20:57.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, you can't get into the armory.

2 more questions

Ware are the rope arrows ??

How do I get into cripplewoods room ? I am guessing he is in one of the locked guest rooms. I can see a guy from outside but the window is locked too.

Update: I did find Cripplewood....at least I think it was him. He was walking into a wall non stop.

Now I got a rope arrow too. :}
    Last edited by Lightningline; 2nd Feb 2006 at 23:41.

I finished this mission and it was great, but I have 2 Questions.

1. When I got upstairs the frog was hopping around the place and disappeared. Where does he end up? I had to restore to kill him once I found out he had the key.

2. Why did I get the skull and cross bones for knocking out a couple of the guards? The do not show weapons objective would activate causing this. Bug?

Sting

1. I played the frog sequence a couple of times and in each, instead of exploding and damaging me, it simply disappeared leaving the key behind.

2. Never happened to me and I knocked out everyone in the joint. (After breaking out of confinement of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm
    2. Why did I get the skull and cross bones for knocking out a couple of the guards? The do not show weapons objective would activate causing this. Bug?

Sting
    I can't understand this. What do you mean?

I kinda figured that somewhow the guards were alerted to me or something.

Upon reloading everything worked fine. Maybe some stray random bug

After I broke out of jail and was knocking guards out with the blackjack. It only happened when I missed a knock out blow and had to hit them repeatedly. I guess it was a bug...no biggie.

I will have to watch the frog next time....maybe it does disappear after a bit.

Sting

I've finished this only on Normal. Is there a no-kill restriction on Hard or Expert? If you use the blackjack repeatedly while they're alerted, you're gradually beating them to death instead of KO'ing them.

The frogbeast made an attack run at me but harmlessly disappeared instead of exploding.

Where is Garth?

Hi!

There are some great things in this mission - love the frog
    spoiler:
    that swallowed the key!
    But now I'm stuck!

I've been everywhere and done almost everything in this mission. I'm playing on Normal, and can't finish because Garth never shows up in the audit office! It's the first out of only 3 objectives on this level. Everyone has been bj'd. (had to restart the mission and change my level of difficulty to get the bj. Couldn't stand trying to ghost in all that light.) Maybe I bj'd him, too? If I did, does that mean he'll never show up and I can't finish the mission? Or was I supposed to meet him before I did anything else? Or is there something I haven't done that must be done before he shows up?

Quote Originally Posted by redleaf
    I've been everywhere and done almost everything in this mission. I'm playing on Normal, and can't finish because Garth never shows up in the audit office! It's the first out of only 3 objectives on this level. Everyone has been bj'd. (had to restart the mission and change my level of difficulty to get the bj. Couldn't stand trying to ghost in all that light.) Maybe I bj'd him, too? If I did, does that mean he'll never show up and I can't finish the mission? Or was I supposed to meet him before I did anything else? Or is there something I haven't done that must be done before he shows up?
    When I played the mission several weeks ago, I went to the meeting first. Guards saw me (I think), but did not react. When I arrived at the meeting point, things changed, and guards were chasing me as usual.

Try to start the mission again, run to the meeting point without doing anything and see what happens. If everything works fine after that, then it's some unexpected problem. Maybe it really shows up just because you're doing something the author did not expect. Whether you can still "fix" that in your present saved games, I can't say. Maybe you really have to start over.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast