TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T2 Mission Mysterious Invitation Jan. 16/06

@redleaf:

How have you reached the second floor and the frog?

Ummm ... First I escaped from the cell,
    spoiler:
    picked up the blackjack and knocked out the 2 guards down there
    . Then I ran past some spiders and
    spoiler:
    picked up a bow from a dead guy in the caves

spoiler:
    I remember coming through the kitchen into a huge hallway. I crossed the hallway, knocked out the noble guy standing under the stairs, crept upstairs until I could just see a gas lamp, used a water arrow to put it out, then crept up some stairs and through a doorway at the top of the stairs. The two ais talking to each other made comments like "did I see something there?" but as long as I crept really really slowly along, they never actually saw me.

I went onto the outside walkway and ran into an exploding frog. It left a key behind. I also bj'd a patrolling guard with a key.
    Then I just started exploring. I actually did most of the upstairs before I even went downstairs. I got downtairs by
    spoiler:
    jumping over the railing into the pool.

Do I really have to start over?

No I don't believe you do

You've already had the meeting. That happened before you were thrown in jail. Did you pick up and read the scroll that the man drops outside of the bars of your jail cell? At that point the first two objectives should have ticked off and you should get a bunch of new ones.

Hello Nightwalker

I read the scroll. I guess the old objectives never ticked, and I never got any new ones. I swear if there's a crack anywhere around me at anytime, I'll always be the one to fall through it! Oh, well, at least in Thief, you can always hit rewind and start over.

Why not a update?

I would make gladly still a further update. Therefore, because I have much better sky attitudes. (someone knows still "Keeper of Prophecies"?) But that unfortunately interests hardly still someone.

Hello MHtheFreak

I think it's an very good mission as it is. Lots of different terrain, and different situations to get through. The daylight part certainly was a challenge.

I don't think you really need to put out another update for those of us who've played it already, but if you have an improved version, why not put it out there? There are probably lots of fans haven't played your mission yet.

And if you want the rest of us to play it again sometime, just add some new parts and twists to it to renew interest.

Quote Originally Posted by MH.TheFreak
    I would make gladly still a further update. Therefore, because I have much better sky attitudes. (someone knows still "Keeper of Prophecies"?) But that unfortunately interests hardly still someone.
    If you really make another update and wish to perfect things a bit, you might take care of the drunken noble sitting at a table below some stairs. I blackjacked him two times (had to reload in between because some guards decided to cut me into pieces), but could not pick him up after both blackjackings. When I silenced him the second time, he unfortunately landed between the double doors nearby. Those doors are frequently passed by guards, which can be a slight problem if you can't hide the noble's body.

It's not a big issue, though. I finished the mission without having any problems related to this noble.

Another problem was that sometimes the mission failed if people died. If I recall correctly, no "don't kill" objective was present (I played on easiest difficulty level). Since I avoid manslaughter most of the time, this did not give me too much trouble either.

By the way: Nice mission, especially for a first one!

[QUOTE=baeuchlein]If you really make another update and wish to perfect things a bit, you might take care of the drunken noble sitting at a table below some stairs. QUOTE]

The same thing happened to me - I just got lucky and he landed in partial darkness.

Here's a question no one's answered yet...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude
    I'm obviously being a little slow. Where is Lord Duncan?
    Yes, I'd like to know, too! Never saw him. Apparently you don't have to see him, tho. I found
    spoiler:
    I could simply kill anyone at all, and that satisfies that objective, but busts you on your "ghost" one, even if nobody else is alerted. Eventually discovered I could kill someone I've already gassed with the gas arrow by drowning him in a tub, e.g., as long as nobody else was alerted, to complete that objective
    (on Expert). I've not yet completed the mission, tho, at the time I write this, but am about to try... Now, anyone care to be forthcoming enough to disclose where this elusive Lord is? Thanks!

EDIT...EDIT>>>

Oh yeahhh...after replaying this, remembered that
    spoiler:
    we read in his diary that he was simply away from the mansion...
    Last edited by crowemagnon; 19th Feb 2006 at 01:23.

how do I get to the labyrinth? and where do i get the objective for the "asset"?
    I've read duncans diary

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolf421
    how do I get to the labyrinth? and where do i get the objective for the "asset"?
    I've read duncans diary
    Shadow, your first question is clearly answered by prjames, on page 2 of this thread (somewhere in the middle)...as for your 2nd, I don't know or recall when the objective appears for you, assuming it isn't there from the beginning, but you'll find that the asset
    spoiler:
    is passed very near by the patrolling outdoor archer on the very long 2nd floor balcony...think up high... But there's a wall between asset and archer...

I believe you only get that objective on Expert (though I'm not sure). It appeared along with a couple of other ones when I read the scroll that is dropped outside the jail cell bars.

thank you crowemagnon and Nightwalker, i finished this mission on normal

The game crashes every time in the maze, I believe the glowing spider is to blame. Since I cannot get past it then I guess that I cannot complete the mission...

I just started this mission last night, and while I'm enjoying it, a particular issue is starting to really irritate me. I don't know that it could be called a bug, technically, but I don't think things are quite working correctly.

I'm playing on Hard, so I can blackjack people, but no one can be alerted (which apparently applies to servants as well as guards). However, about half the time when I blackjack someone, the mission fails the objective about no one being alerted. This happens even when the AI I'm knocking out had no idea I was there, didn't hear me or see me, and went right down cleanly after the knock out (and no one else was present to see me). This is happening repeatedly with the two guards patrolling the second floor hallway.

And to make it even more frustratingly ironic, I accidently walked into a room right in front of a guard, and he actually started *looking* for me, but the mission didn't fail. So a clean knock out counts as an alert, but a searching guard is just fine.

There was one really funny thing, though--when I came up the ladder in the elevator shaft from the basement and into the storage room on the ground floor, a male servant walked in and flipped on the light. I hid behind some crates and flipped the light off again, and then I snuck up and blackjacked him. I heard the nice thunk blackjacking always makes, but the servant just stood here--not alerted, but not happily unconscious either. So I thought, "Okay, I guess for some reason you can't knock him out," so I went on about my business picking around the room and seeing what was there. I had just opened one of the doors and was peering around outside when I heard an "oof" from behind me, and I turned to see the servant *finally* fall after I'd knocked him out about three minutes before.

I haven't actually tried my arrows yet, so I don't know if I'll have trouble with them or not (I have the updated version, so *theoretically* all should be fine). But this problem of knockouts registering as alerts is really irritating me. I might as well have just played on Expert to begin with, evidently.

--Jennifer

I've now accomplished all the objectives except for the one about the battue. I even made it to the exit (but obviously couldn't make it back in again), but since that one objective isn't ticked off, the mission won't end. I've read a bit in Duncan's journal about the battue (the text in that book seemed to jump around a bit, though, as if there were an error within the book file, so I really didn't make much sense of it), and I would have assuemd that would take care of that objective, but it didn't. What is supposed to complete that objective, exactly?

Also, how do you get the objective about the asset? I keep reading about it in here, but I never got it. Is it an Expert-only objective?

--Jennifer

Never mind about the battue objective--I figured it out. But I still don't know how you get the asset objective.

Also:

spoiler:
    A secret panel in the maze has been mentioned. I found the panel, but I have no idea how to trigger it to open. Has anyone figured that out yet?

--Jennifer

You have to read a scroll in one of the guest rooms to complete the battue objective. I think you only get the assest objective on Expert, though I'm not positive.

I am evidently having a problem killing Lord Duncan on Expert. I'm actually not sure which one he is, but I am assuming tentatively that he is the one in the purple coat with the medals on his tunic, located under some stairs in a large room. If I shoot this guy with a broadhead, he dies, "objective complete" appears on the screen briefly, and the mission fails. In the stats, the no-see-no-hear obective is failed (red X), the objective don't kill anyone other than Lord Duncan is satisfied (green check, implying that Duncan was killed), yet the objective to find and kill Lord Duncan is not satisfied (no check). I gassed the couple upstairs so they did not alert. It is not evident that anybody alerted. So, obviously, the objectives are messed up in this case, and perhaps also the identity of Duncan is wrong, as previously posted.

EDIT: Another thing. When I gas this guy intending to take him elsewhere for the kill, I cannot pick up his body. It does not highlight.

How can I satisfy this objective to find and kill Lord Duncan?

Also, where are some rope arrows on Expert? I think I could be missing something across a broken walkway near the beginning.

I'll have to say that the frequent no-hear-no-see failures plus the lack of a BJ makes expert skill very tedious. I like ghosting, but I'm not sure I have the patience to complete it.

The rope arrows are in a chest in one of the guest rooms. #2, I think.

The objective to take your revenge on Lord Duncan should get "X"ed out when you read a scroll on the desk of the Sleeping/Study room that says he's out of town.

This is a difficult mission to Ghost for sure but if I can do it, you certainly can! I found I had to use a lot of backtracking to get from one point to another without being spotted in some areas so it was a very time consuming mission to play on Expert.

Thanks Nightwalker. I'll go see if I can find those rooms. I entered a new wing last night, so maybe they are there... You have inspired me, so I'll continue on.

In spite of the red X to come later, that one objective, "Don't kill anyone other than Lord Duncan" is a bug. Evidently I did kill someone other than Duncan, but I still succeed in that objective.

OK, I have all the goodies in the mansion. I am in the maze now, and whenever the spiders get near me the game crashes to desktop. I can run past them, but it crashes soon after that. No problem with the giant. Looking away doesn't help. I have a feeling that it has something to do with sound. For now, I am unable to proceed. Any ideas? Can I strip those spiders from the game somehow, without using dromed?

I'll try again tomorrow after a fresh reboot and see if that helps.

Crashes in that area are fairly common, I'm afraid. I did eventually manage to get through the second time I played the mission but I don't know what, if anything, I did differently. If it's any consolation, you're mere minutes away from the end of the mission at that point.

I finally got through it. The crashes never really stopped. Maybe I was just lucky, but I figured that it was an interaction of sounds because video obviously had nothing to do with it. So I got as far away from the giant as possible by letting him get to the entrance and running past him. Then I killed the spiders with broadheads as quickly as I could, so their clicking noise would stop. Took some damage myself in the fight, but I was more interested in speed than precision. Then I was home free, or so I thought. I had another crash in the middle of the waterfall (sounds again?), but got through it the second time by not swimming until I was past the waterfall. Again, I may be totally wrong about my theory, but it seemed to work.
    Last edited by smithpd; 14th Jul 2006 at 00:39.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast