TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: T2 Mission Mysterious Invitation Jan. 16/06

Clearinghouse
    Hm... Here http://www.thiefmissions.com/info.cg...iousInvitation version 1.1. Here version 2.0.

I know...

Sorry taffers, but I still need a translator, because the new version contains new and very improved texts.

2.0 is the newest version. I think epithumia hasn't enough time to update at the moment (+ I'm not sure if MH.TheFreak has sent the file to him).

If I understand him correctly the crashes should have been fixed with the version 1.1. on thiefmissions.com but he made some other improvements for version 2. But better wait for him to explain it himself.

edit: ups, too slow again!

Clearinghouse
    Cool news New version 18.1 MB, old 8.3 MB...

Archivist
    Now that MH is working on the sequel to Ultima Ratio i decided to check out the first part of this series.

First of all, this is a very nice mission. Well designed, challenging, and a joy to explore. It's also great to see another mission with an automap included, which really comes in handy.

Unfortunately i'm unable to finish it. After playing over an hour, and mapping out most of the mansion, it's Mission Failed. This happens every time at the same moment. My objective lists says i've been spotted, even though no AI has seen me

Instead of starting over, i'll just go straight to version 2, which hopefully fixed this bug.

This sounds like an AI found an corpse. The 'ghosting objective' will be failed, if an AI reach the alarm step 3 and this counts corpse spotting, too.
    When you play version 2, be very careful with you corpse deposits, but I think, i have changed this in the new version - I'm not sure.
    But a small question: Why you don't have started with version 2 at first time?

Archivist
    Quote Originally Posted by MH.TheFreak
    This sounds like an AI found an corpse. The 'ghosting objective' will be failed, if an AI reach the alarm step 3 and this counts corpse spotting, too.
    That's impossible. I played on expert that doesn't allow to be seen. Also hadn't gassed anyone, so there are no bodies lying around to spot .

Quote Originally Posted by MH.TheFreak
    But a small question: Why you don't have started with version 2 at first time?
    I noticed two versions at the circle, and decided to play 1.1 first to see the differences
    No particular reason actually. It made more sense to start with the oldest version.

I'm currently playing version 2, which is quite a change in several aspects.
    Last edited by The Phantom; 17th May 2008 at 10:47. Reason: reread question

I can't get into the office. All the doors are locked, and none of them can be picked. I've gone all around up to the captain's quarters and the red hallway at the back, but I can't find a way further into the mansion. There's a blue key in the entrance hall, but it only works on the front doors, so it's useless

EDIT: Never mind, found it. One of the doors can be picked.
    Last edited by Azaran; 24th Sep 2012 at 15:53.

This is under expert mode only.

Apoligises for bumping an old topic but I may have found some weird behaviours in this mission and for fear that an objective is either glitched (like object buried into terrain) or if the item in question got relocated to a different location in v2.0 of this mission, weird behavior such as the taffer that carries the key for nr 3 guestroom, after I got his key and then gas arrow knocked him out, his unconscious body disappeared right up in mid air when my back was turned around but just for only one second, when I was keeping an eye out for guards.

Quote Originally Posted by taffedinthehead View Post
    OK - found the dang Asset!!

spoiler:
    It is in the room NEXT TO the captains rooms - the one with the white windowed door leading out to the wrap-around balcony.

More Specifically:

spoiler:
    It is atop the bookshelf in the corner of this room.
    Following this lead and its the best lead I am able to find, under expert mode I can guarantee there's literally nothing that can even be frobbed and I know exactly which bookshelf but I also checked cupboards so what I need to know is, exactly what does this asset item look like?

This will help me know whether or not it got relocated as I have some suspect about the item behind grates on the third (top) floor but if there's a switch for this its well hidden, or for fear that the item is buried inside terrain/object that renders it unattainable, just hoping I'm badly mistaken for the location.

-edit- This is under New Dark and everything else works perfectly fine except for this one objecive about personal asset which I hope is my own error, I could also PM my save file if anyone else wants to take a look.

The AI disappearance can be related to the known issue seme beta testers had reported but author of mission was unable to confirm as was noted on the readme, so that is unrelated to New Dark engine.
    Last edited by Ghostly; 4th Jul 2014 at 08:43.

I've gotten to the point where Garret says "I should check my map" but all I've gotten is a second copy of the 1st floor map. This intended?

Save: https://my.mixtape.moe/tojxtl.zip

It's a bug in the English release that never got fixed. The original German version includes a map of the Maze of Janosch, but that particular map page wasn't included in the English version.

You can see it for yourself by looking inside the mission .zip, then going into the /intrface/miss20 folder. The German subfolder has the map pages page000.pcx, page001.pcx, page002.pcx, and page003.pcx. However, in the English subfolder, page003.pcx is missing.

Fortunately, that particular area is quite easy to navigate, even without a map.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456