TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM Coalport by Ravenhook (T2) Jan.6/06

T2 FM Coalport by Ravenhook (T2) Jan.6/06

File now removed due to being available from thiefmissions.com

Thiefmissions download.
    Last edited by epithumia; 27th Feb 2006 at 23:52. Reason: Remove "new" from title.

After a quick look around i haven't found my weapons yet.........geeze!

I just DL'd this. I'm only getting what I guess is about 1 fps. It's unplayable as is. Other missions work fine as I tried an OM and another FM.

I opened it in DromEd and tried a full processing. The window indicates 6 coplaner errors...after 20 minutes the lighting still was not done as DromEd had locked up.

EDIT: Might just be one of those things. I know a few folks have had fps problems with 2 of my missions.

XP sp#2
    P4 1.6 gig
    1 gig DDRAM
    GeForce 6200 oc
    Last edited by SlyFoxx; 26th Jan 2006 at 11:46.

I've yet to find them too. There's a hint on a shop but i've still to find them. This is a pretty big FM. I rather like the
    spoiler:
    Hammerite Cathedral
    Pity about all the bugs!

Runs OK for me...

Athlon 64 3000+
    512mb DDR 400
    Crappy Geforce 4 MX 4000

Cripes, it must have took some time to arrange all the food!
    Last edited by sluggs; 26th Jan 2006 at 11:21.

Hey Sluggs

I thought the very same thing......look at all the food, now where are my frigging lockpicks and weapons.

Right near the beginning you will find a pressure plate, it opens a grate where you can get most of your stuff.
    Last edited by maloo; 26th Jan 2006 at 11:50.

Thiefmissions.com

Do people just not want their missions in the main archives any longer? Or is this some kind of public beta thing?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I think sluggs just offered to host it until you had it up, but he or Ravenhook will have to speak to that. Although given the known bug with the objectives which he chose not to try and fix, public beta might be a more accurate description of the mission.

I don't think it should go to thiefmissions just yet myself but that's for Ravenhook to decide. I was just hosting it for him for now. It really needs more work.
    Last edited by sluggs; 26th Jan 2006 at 12:12.

I didn't intend any insults to anyone, but I didn't know how I wen't through the release process, I would like it and any future maps to be included at Thief Missions. As Sluggs said it really needed a couple of bits sorting but as Sly Foxx pointed out, DromEd locks up.
    I was going to bin it, but if you can put up with it's quirks it will help you understand part 2 which hasn't got any faults in it.
    This first mission of mine originally started it's life as Komags tutorial and it grew and grew, and I think thats where my mistake occurred, I should have started afresh, I got into all sorts of trouble with brush heights and poly counts etc.
    Anyway a couple of spoilers
    spoiler:
    Weaponsressure plate in storage area opens secret door(look high for the door) Other side of compound, look high another secret door,lever in hammer room below. Read all readables for clues to other secrets
    I'll give more tomorrow as I've got to go out
    Enjoy.

Has anyone been able to find the crypt key, i know the area but can't spot it.

Thanks

I've uploaded this to thiefmissions.com as per Ravenhook's wish.

I need help to find something!

spoiler:
    Where i can found my sword or a another cheap sword to grab?

i got it

yes
    spoiler:
    Yes, look high in the sky and dont be blind like me!
    Last edited by flying_hope; 26th Jan 2006 at 17:39.

This mission seems to be interesting but for me it is unplayable.
    There are to many unsnaped brushes (most of them are probably, cylinders or dodecahedrons).
    Room brushes also seems, to intersect solid brushes(that couse a frame rate problem in Snobs-part1).

Ravenhook, please fix this problem, I really want to play this FM.

Naks

Quote Originally Posted by maloo
    Has anyone been able to find the crypt key, i know the area but can't spot it.

Thanks
    spoiler:
    is in the Hammers area , up up =u need rope ,

Unfortunately The frame rate problem has made it impossible for me to play this mission. It could be the drugs though.

I will have another go at getting the framerate up, I did look at the grid snapping this morning which is pretty bad. Hopefully I'll be able to optimise after I reset them, but DromEd repeatedly locked up the last time I tried.
    I will do my best.
    Some spoilers as promised:-
    spoiler:
    1.in the open compound just past the start, on the left side in the stoe area a pressure plate, put the boulder on it, it opens a secret door on a ledge right up above(you have to climb a ladder south of the manhole where you enter the compound).

And
    spoiler:
    2. for the second part of your weapons, in the mace room on the north wall of the compound where the bot is patrolling, there is a lever near the floor on the wall(west), this opens another secret door up on that wall where the bot is.

And
    spoiler:
    3. in the east side of the compound enter the barracks, read the scrolls, there is references to secret levers, go in the captains room the left of the 2 doors, behind the crate is a lever,this opens a grate on the compounds north wall where the bot is (behind the ivy)(you need to have your sword first) go in the tunnel, slash the banner, loads of weapons.

And
    spoiler:
    4.when in the police station(in the tunnel past the park, read the scrolls in the room to the left, references to the generator room key. Enter the right room and take the left door to the bunk room, the bed at the right end with the scroll on it, look at the wall behind the crate at floor level for the key.

And
    spoiler:
    5.follow the passages in the generator room to the thieves guild, in the chiefs bedroom under his bed a pickabe box for the safe house key. The safe house is above the alfresco pub area to the east of the weapons shop.

And
    spoiler:
    6.the crypt key, in the cathedralsright hand turret go down to the bottom where the collapsed area is and look up, a tiny piece of wood, rope arrow up ad look on top of the beam your arrow is in theres the key,damn polterguists.

Hope this helps, I will try to make it run better, but it helps to make part 2 of my series a little more understandable.
    Part 2 runs with an average framerate of 30-40 fps and is already a massive maze like map with many secrets to be discovered, just out of curiosity I ran show bad rooms and had none, grid snapping also showed up as ok.
    Sorry if its annoying I will do what I can.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Grid snapping may not show any problems if your grid size is too small, or the grid is turned off.

I did notice that object 884 torch is inside solid space, but moving it didn't help.

I deleted all of the objects, ran optimize, and now all of the coplanar errors are gone. The framerate was about 70-80. With the objects present, in some areas some objects would disappear.

Is it possible to move this thread into the Editor's Guild? It seems that Ravenhook has lots of help to get this FM going.

in the crypt, there seems to be a locked storage room... how do I get into that? no keys I have found yet (gold, red, blue) nor lockpicks work.

edit: haha, nevermind
    spoiler:
    theres a silver key by the crypt door!

I think there are too many questions relating to playing the mission to shift this thread over. Perhaps a new one could be started in the Editor's Guild?

Loot?

I notice that when I passed my goal of 4000 loot the objective did not check off. I have the other objectives and 5890 loot, but the game will not end.

Ravenhook, I remember this happening to my latest mission becuase I didn't have the grid snappy thing set and when I snapped everything it looked like something from MC Escher: luckily I wasn't that far into it. I hope you can fix it up so we can play it with a normal framerate. It's great that all these mission are coming out so I have excuses not to be working on mine.

Can anyone please tell me ware the sword is. I assume it is in the weapons shop but I cant find the guy with the key.

Also how the hell did this guy make such a large map at 3 Mb in size ???

Quote Originally Posted by LeBaron
    I notice that when I passed my goal of 4000 loot the objective did not check off. I have the other objectives and 5890 loot, but the game will not end.
    the objetive of 4000 and the exit are switched
    did u get the exit from the crypt

Hay garrettson or anyone...how about telling me ware the sword is....I am getting relly sick of this mission without any defense.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast