TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T3 FM: Crystal Clear Conscience Feb. 28/06

T3 FM: Crystal Clear Conscience Feb. 28/06

Hi there,

I finished my first FM for TDS, "Crystal Clear Conscience". It should be visible on thiefmissions.com soon, but if you want to grab it now, here's the link:

http://rapidshare.de/files/14338411/...Clear.zip.html

I called it v. 0.9 beta, because only I did some testing and I guess there are still some bugs to be found

I'm reticent about hosting public betas of large files. Can someone please at least run through this and let me know how it goes before I add it to thiefmissions?

Folks, you need to have your missions properly tested by at least a couple of people before you submit them for public release. This is especially important with T3 missions since they're so needlessly large. (This one is about 65MB.)

DL´ing now. I will play it and report problems here.
    Thanks a lot, Judith. Your FM is very welcome .

Quote Originally Posted by epithumia
    Can someone please at least run through this and let me know how it goes before I add it to thiefmissions?
    As i see now, after playing for 15 minutes, running through this is NOT possible.

Getting caught will fail the mission and you have to ghost through a populated marketplace. It´s not easy at all.

From what i saw ´til now, this is a very nicely done mission.
    OK. Back to marketplace. Need to find some keys....

Could someone host it somewhere other than rapidshare? Stupid BT broadband have now brought in transparent proxies and downloading via rapidshare is just not possible any more.

http://www.megaupload.com works despite their annoying advert popups.

Not that I will be able to get time to do much with it yet.

Here's another mirror, packed in self-extracting exe ('a bit' smaller)

http://s18.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...93K9U86ZVGZ2TN

DL´ing now. I will play it and report problems here.
    Thanks a lot, Judith. Your FM is very welcome .
    Thank you

As i see now, after playing for 15 minutes, running through this is NOT possible.
    I know, there are some restrictions, you can't just blow the whole marketplace up and leave Actually I can't complete my own mission on expert, though I believe it's possible... Maybe once I've learnt how to decrease the number of AI's per difficulty level (in this case, "the customers"), the gameplay will be more balanced here.

Finished it with 100% loot. Yeah.
    Found no problems, had only a slowdown in framerate inside a passage in the unterground. But 2 steps away, everything went smooth again.
    This is a short, but very entertaining mission. Actually, you are allowed to get caught several times, but i wasted most of them without knowing this limit.
    But to be forced to ghost only raised the suspense

Congratulations to Judith. Good work.

UliB, where is the stone? I am in the park and have no objective ticked off...

Stay away from the N>E corner untill you are done or you will fail the mission.
    I did a quick runthrough and found out that way. There is a corner wall and boxes, if you go there the mission will end even if you havent found a peso yet.

Thank you for the T3 mission Judith

Nevermind what I said above. I was failing because of the restrictions..it is not a bug. Sorry
    Last edited by Lightningline; 28th Feb 2006 at 16:31.

Quote Originally Posted by bukary
    UliB, where is the stone?
    When i entered the park, i saw a scripted scene, where someone killed all others an ran away. In the middle of the park, on a bench, is a important note left. Read that note.

I was unable to finish until i read a note (in the park).

There is a corner wall and boxes, if you go there the mission will end even if you havent found a peso yet.
    That's strange, I played the mission a few minutes ago and I haven't seen such odd game behavior...

I was unable to finish until i read a note (in the park).
    That's strange too, I can finish it without
    spoiler:
    looking at Quigsley's corpse

One funny thing I've encountered was
    spoiler:
    when at the last scene in the park, the killer actually couldn't find the other thug in the dark. They were standing arm to arm in the darkness for a while, eventually the thug returned to his post at the bench and probably was very suprised when got a magic bolt right in the back

Thx for all the comments I 'm glad you enjoyed this 20 minutes (more or less)

You are forced to ghost for the whole mission?

On every difficulty level?

P.S. - Thanks for the FM.

I also finished this FM. You can add it to your site, Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by elkston
    You are forced to ghost for the whole mission?
    You are not forced to ghost the mission, but don´t get spotted too many times.

Damn it
    spoiler:
    Can't leave the underground since I get stuck trying to climb up the ladder. Garrett freezes in the air.
    Last edited by Kaleid; 1st Mar 2006 at 09:36.

Hi Judith,

Nice piece of work you've done here.
    spoiler:
    The market is hard to get through without being spotted. Don't know what to do next. I've read the note to Henry, been up a metal staircase to a room with a locked door. There is a locked door just inside the market. Am I looking for keys at this point?
    Thanks

spoiler:
    Found the Managers key on the table in the market. In the tunnels now.

good fun
    Last edited by marycwmbach; 2nd Mar 2006 at 04:31.

Finding an elternative escape route

Quote Originally Posted by marycwmbach
    Hi Judith,

Nice piece of work you've done here.
    spoiler:
    The market is hard to get through without being spotted. Don't know what to do next. I've read the note to Henry, been up a metal staircase to a room with a locked door. There is a locked door just inside the market. Am I looking for keys at this point?
    Thanks

spoiler:
    Found the Managers key on the table in the market. In the tunnels now.

good fun
    spoiler:
    I have the Manager's key. Where are the tunnels? I have been around the block several times. Can't see where to go next.

The Tunnel

spoiler:
    I opened the managers door, which is the room at the top of the stairs.The door to this is just inside the market gates. The key to the tunnels is in the managers office and that door which it unlocks is in the middle market room. BTW I killed a few AIs and hid their bodies.If you do this without anyone noticing its OK.

I am unable to finish.
    All i could find is a rear book on a bench in the middle of the park.
    Were is the note i need to read a in the park?

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    I am unable to finish.
    All i could find is a rear book on a bench in the middle of the park.
    Were is the note i need to read a in the park?
    The note on the bench is the correct note.

It was labelled as rare book, not as note, and even thou i took it and looked at every body i still couldn't finis.

Yes Liz I was the same at the end. Although I said no when the end of the mission came up, it didn't actually finish.

Is there suppose to be a sequel?
    Because it seems so, from the conclusion story at the end of the game.

Trying to finish

I think everything worked, the way it was suppose too.... great mission...I saw everything happen in the park.....playing on expert.....I've only got 90% of the loot and i have back track and can't find where i missed it.....I didn't find any loot, out in the streets, at the very beginning of the mission, this may be where i missed it, just not sure.....it must be well, hiddden...

Marker98,

Did you look ?

spoiler:
    under the manager's bed ?

BTW, nice FM, Judith... I'm expecting a sequel too...