TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New SS2-mission from Christine: Shocking Ruins

Right, that's what I was wondering. I guess I'll give GarrettLoader a spin, when I try out any future FMs. It's just that the Mod Manager always worked well, until now.

Yeah, the Modmanager has issues with some rare file types. I only had noted ".bin" files before which don't get copied either (concerns Zygo's Randomizer only). Maybe I should ask Zombe for the source code, this shouldn't be too hard to fix.

edit: For a programmer I mean. Anyway, PM sent to Zombe.
    Last edited by Kolya; 22nd Apr 2006 at 11:02.

THe motiondb.bin included with the randomiser isn't essential though.

Since some new animations are used by one AI the one in Arena is. I believe the mod manager will not cope with custom script (.osm) files either.

Open Source Mod Manager

I just received Zombe's answer and I will just assume it's okay to post it here:

Quote Originally Posted by Zombe
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolya
    say did you ever consider releasing the Modmanager's source code?
    That was the plan from the start - but, i lost some of the source. That is why i could't update/relase anything.

Odd... Made a quick search over my hdd's and found 4 sources (1 of em is clearly a started but not finished remake) ... the other 3 (!?) seem to be some older backups (and should be broken - damn, don't remember. All of them? Doesn't make sense :/ ).

I will look them over and see if i can get something working together. Won't have time for it until some day after monday.

As always Christine, absolutly top notch work. Way to make a guy go back to habits learned in tomb raider. By the way, if you need voice actors I'm avalible. My equipment's not that great, but I SHOULD be avalible whenever you need an added throwaway voice.

Great, thank you William Dojinn!

I put you on my list (as I'm the 'administrator' for Christine's voice-actors... no no, I really can't complain, she's a good boss ).

Hello,

I'm seen to be skipping from thread to thread with these FMs.

Loved Pointerbee and Nightwalker

I stuck on Shocking Ruins and I sick of searching. I've found the three dragon heads (Gold, Siver and Bronze) but I can't find the magic three ones or something like that.

Can't wait for the next FM
    Gforce

I havent ever played this FM? How odd - now downloading

Don't know where to look?

Where (what?) are the Three Ones?

more simply put, what you you do with the dragon heads (gold, silver, bronze).

Spoiler questions..I
    spoiler:
    'm guessing it has something to do with the 3 magic rooms ( the floating furniture, the upside down room and the water room) and the 3 buttons inside but I can't quite figure it out?? Is there some special order to pressing them?

If you had
    spoiler:
    pressed all 3 buttons, go back to the room with the pool, a door should open now. Go in an throw the 3 dragon heads in the well.

I hope it helpes you

Oh thank you so much, Christine. That was exactly the help I needed.

And thank you for another fantastic FM. System shock and System Shock 2 have always been two of my favs. Now I will have to check Thief out.

Ooh! I've got that far!
    spoiler:
    I have the key (which has the description of a Von Braun power cell, which seems strangely fitting) but I can't seem to get back to the door The only way out I can find is a small cave in the rock where the end of the room on the right has fallen away and lava wells up from below, but I can't reach it. The door at the end of the short corridor on the left is shut and I can find no means of opening it.
    Any suggestions?

EDIT: D'oh. Never mind. All is well

-Nick
    Last edited by Kayevcee; 25th Nov 2007 at 10:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayevcee View Post
    Ooh! I've got that far!
    spoiler:
    I have the key (which has the description of a Von Braun power cell, which seems strangely fitting) but I can't seem to get back to the door The only way out I can find is a small cave in the rock where the end of the room on the right has fallen away and lava wells up from below, but I can't reach it. The door at the end of the short corridor on the left is shut and I can find no means of opening it.
    Any suggestions?

EDIT: D'oh. Never mind. All is well

-Nick

Finished..........

not having played Thief.....I had to change the way I 'game-think'......and it took me a while to sort it.........but all done now

Once again.......TOP WORK by Christine and cohorts
    Last edited by Threshkeen; 8th Feb 2008 at 05:24.

I made an update for Shocking Ruins. I didn't make many changes, but now it is multiplayer ready. Thanks to NamelessVoice for his custom scripts and to Greenhorn for the new loading screen.

You can download it here: http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=ShockingRuins
    Last edited by Christine; 10th Apr 2009 at 16:31. Reason: new download link

TwilightSun

Christine and friends,
    Loved! Shocking Ruins (just like all your works)
    One small problem- Too much leftover ammo. Need MORE! targets!

Argh, someone bumped a thread that shows up as "New SS2-mission from..." in the main forum index.

Thanks for your work, Christine! Pretty nice done and the doll saying "mama" is just wonderful.

Time for thread necromancy!

Um, Ize stuck!

I haven't found Marwin or Delaney, found only one bracelet (gold), and have run around everywhere I can find to run around!

Of course with the place being so dark I could be missing a whole lotta sht!

Can anyone help?
    (don't want to have used one of my few thread resurrection potions fer nuttin ya kno! )

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234