TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: T3 FM All the World's a Stage 3/8/06

T3 FM All the World's a Stage 3/8/06

All the World's a Stage, by Rantako, available at Shadowdark . I am having a hell of a time so far. Whare do I hide ?
    And if its in the vents I cant find the key .

http://www.shadowdarkkeep.com/

Thanks KOMAG for alerting us in your contest cancelation thread.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 18th May 2006 at 21:03.

spoiler:
    restrooms

Excellent job, Rantanko! There's plenty of thiefy goodness all around in this mission
    spoiler:
    Sewers, ghosts, theater, ventilation system, etc.
    Architecture is top notch although the fps takes a hit near the theater. Good story too

Is this a bug ???
    spoiler:
    I overhear a conversation way upstairs about a gem then I wait by the stairs for the guy with a key to come along after the conversation and if I club him I cant pick the key up off the floor and If I follow him he dissapears right after going through the secret door I came out of

Hey, this is a very good FM ! Have not finished yet, but i´m very impressed. Very clever hidden loot

Also had the problem with the hammerite´s keys (no way to frob it) in the upper floor. I solved it this way:
    made some noise and then used gas-arrow on alarmed priest and rushed through the (still) open door. Escaping afterwards is easy .

Where should i look for
    - key to thethe lock in the glyph-room in the sewers
    - key to ventilation
    - key to chest in attic

Oh, and did someone get the bonus(?)-objective "Get out of the cell"

@Lightningline...I had the same trouble plus...
    spoiler:
    thought it strange that he said...follow me...and then the hammer didn't follow. I wacked the one guy after I could not pick the key off him just to see if I could get the key. He actually just disapears after going into...

spoiler:
    the secret passage. I just suspect that this is just the standard "player breaking a scripted event"

So I'm just going to load up at the point where I get to the office and trust that I haven't broken anything.

I'm getting nowhere fast on this one. I've not been able to open any of the vents or doors, except the one upstair, but there is another locked door behind it. I read clue about washrooms,but only found a water arrow. Can someone give me a clue as to where to go next?

Thanks

Also i get message that i have a new note but when i look at my goals page it is blank so i'm not sure what it is. Confusing
    Last edited by maloo; 8th Mar 2006 at 10:38.

@maloo...
    spoiler:
    hide in the bathroom...shut the stall door. I hid in the one closest to the locked gate.

I followed the instructions to download the new sound file but when I went to launch the mission, I got a message that Garrettloader can't play MP3 file?? Did I do something wrong? My second question is does this file have to be deleted and replaced with the original file after I'm done with this mission or will other missions run properly with this one installed?

On my objectives screen not all are shown, the second and the 7th boxes need to be checked off, does anyone know what they are?

does this file have to be deleted and replaced with the original file after I'm done with this mission or will other missions run properly with this one installed?
    I imagine that the new file SchemaMetafile_HardDrive.csc contains all the old/OM info plus some new lines for this particular mission. So I doubt it would bugger anything up. The new one is .3MB bigger than the old one. But I saved the old one just in case!

As for the error msg...I don't know. Pehaps your unzipped it to the wrong folder by accident?

spoiler:
    thought it strange that he said...follow me...and then the hammer didn't follow.
    Just checked on my computer and that does seem to be broken It worked in the beta version, honest!

Anyone found the secrets?

I am having problems with
    spoiler:
    frobbing the key off the priest who has the stone, while standing next to a chest.
    The key on his hip cannot be taken when behind him; even if the key is dropped you still can’t pick it up. I have the vague feeling this key is needed for
    spoiler:
    the glyph lock on the wall inside the sewer area.
    Is this because I haven’t met some other objective?

By the way, this is entirely amazing and challenging to explore in. I think, this is one of the best T3 FM's to date.
    Excellent work, to say the least.

I found one secret that I remember. I voted through GL and gave it an 8. This is a solid effort. Better voice acting would have garnered you a 9.

First of all: Congratulations Rantako! It is really a great FM so far... It features many details (in some parts more in some parts less), a good gameflow and some nice riddles. Especially the attic with the locked chest looks great in my oppinion...

But I am kinda stuck now. I have all obectives completed besides the escape. I have 4 keys but I am sure that i only used two or three of them. I can neither use the last key on the glyph-keyhole nor on the locked door leading west on the far south-west side of the etage above the cellar. Help please! I would really like to finish that FM. (And I'm still missing 20% of loot and two secrets, while I have found 4 special loot items)

I've managed to do everything except end the mission. I have 67% loot, 2 special loot items, and 1 out of 3 secrets. However, where/what do I need to do to exit/end the mission? Thanks.
    BTW, Absolutely great T3 FM!

Just after posting this I found my first key.

Top floor, in the broom/store cupboard on the shelf. This opens the grates. I've since found two other keys.
    Last edited by chis; 8th Mar 2006 at 15:47.

Can't open the trapdoor, the back door, or the door near the keeper glyph. Help?

go to...
    spoiler:
    the room under the stage...I'll call it the prop room...same hall as the door to the generators.

D´oh! Some keys must be used as selected item. Totally forgotten about that. Well, my bad.

Edit: OK. Done it. But still missing 350 loot (12%) and 2 secrets...
    Hey Rantako. Congrats. This truly is a winner-fm !
    Last edited by UliB; 8th Mar 2006 at 16:53.

Rantako, where art thee? We needst thou help...

Thanks Sly, I'd already gone there but that was before I found the stone. So that "event" didn't kick off.

My problem now is that I only have about 40% of the loot and I need to find another 20%... I've been everywhere so to be honest I'm going to give up.

Still, now the T3 missions are trickling their way in, this has been the best one so far, without a doubt.

I think its one of the best too

I have one last door to get open, its behind the stage in a recessed doorway with a torch beside it. Anyone found a way in there? I have 87% of the loot and i think three secrets. I just need to finish this but I don't know what the second objective is because its blank.

Anyone?

I found out what the second objective was but still looking for key for that dam door.
    Last edited by maloo; 8th Mar 2006 at 17:52.

Ok cool...I was just going to post the answer for you maloo.

Read my last spoiler if you get too stuck on the key problem.

Thank you Slyfoxx. I managed to finish that FM by now too. Perhaps you should tweak the triggering of that scene when you have to
    spoiler:
    escape the cell a bit.

I was in that room before and nothing sepcial happend. This should be changed perhaps.

But how can I open the door that no one seemed to have open so far? The one leading west in the south of the stairs to the cellar. And what does
    spoiler:
    the lever in the office trigger?
    I haven't found any secret door or anything that could have been opened by that, while i found
    spoiler:
    the secret switch under the desk, which didn't tick off any secret, so it doesn't seem to be one...^^

Brilliant mission. Thanks

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast