TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide to Custom Resources for DromEd

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    As you wish, still some textures might be done if you search well. For example, go to old doors (portes anciennes), some pictures can be used as textures

We could do with some of these adding to, like Thief Underground, which has tuts and demos. Oops, that one's been mentioned already! Well duh!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by R Soul
    This site could be of use:
    http://www.architecturalantiques.com/
    There are a number of nice door textures there! Some of the iron door pics even have nice white backgrounds, which should make creating the transparent areas a breeze! I might just do a quick pack of new doors using these textures.

I have a couple of textures from that wooden door collection from that same site. I emailed the owner to ask for permission and he said that i could go ahead and use them, all he asked of me was to send him the mission when it's done, for his Daughter, or Son, i can't remember. I've used one of them in the next version of TGS but i've yet to release it. If anyone wants to use them, you should email the owner first, for permission.

I'm surprised there's no copyright info on that site. I should ask for permission first though, before using them, especially if you're thinking of making a pack.
    Last edited by sluggs; 12th May 2006 at 11:58.

Voice Actor
    You have me listed as offering models and textures, but I'm doing a lot more textures and voice acting than models. I do take requests because, not being a DromEd'er myself, I don't always know what is needed.
    Don
    "I prefer to work behind the scenes. The rewards are nearly as great, and the risks far less." -- Londo Mollari

Another one (mostly doors*):
    http://www.old-world-traditions.com/products.htm

*guess what I keep looking for on Google images

Oh look, doors again:
    http://www.opdoors.com/

We need more doors:
    http://www.the-wood.com/index.html

Mostly doors:
    http://www.silveradodoors.com/

More doors:
    http://www.entryways.com/index.html

I'm running out of ways to introduce doors:
    http://www.millworkforless.com/
    Last edited by R Soul; 15th May 2006 at 16:30.

Archivist
    Heh, you've been busy lately with doors Robin Thanks, but I think we have enough resources for doors now.

I decided to no longer add new websites, unless it's Thief related or when it's something special. There are so many website available with images that the list would become way too complex.
    But everyone, be free to keep posting links to websites in this thread if you think it contains resources that can be well used in DromEd.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK
    some textures might be done if you search well. For example, go to old doors (portes anciennes), some pictures can be used as textures
    Ok I see DrK. But still it's all architecture, and those are not door-only pictures. I doubt that they can be used as texture.
    If I add this I can add everything.
    But if there are people who think they can make a door models of those pictures, they will notice your link when browsing through this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dlw6
    You have me listed as offering models and textures, but I'm doing a lot more textures and voice acting than models. I do take requests because, not being a DromEd'er myself, I don't always know what is needed.
    Hi Don,
    I'm aware that you're much more busy with voice acting.
    I haven't noted voice acting in the available list for your website because this thread is all about resources for DromEd.

But your post made me think, you could call voice acting a resource for DromEd as well. Not exactly the kind of resource I was thinking of when creating this thread, but you're right. I'll add 'voice recordings' to the available list of your website

Archivist

Changelog 2

Here is the second change log with all the changes made over the last month.

Thread Update April 21
    - Added a new website:
    Diebesgut
    - Added Additional Information about The House of Dhin and available resources
    - Removed the 'Currently Down' notification from the website Christine's Fanmissions
    - Removed Capital letters from the authors:
    dlw6, raetsel, dhin, mkadlec, epithumia,
    - Changed author's name:
    MaJiC to MaJiC@work
    - Added 'dead' notification to Gemsoft Developments Homepage
    - Drawn a line through Gemsoft Developments Homepage.

Thread Update May 2
    - Added a new website:
    Mayang's Free Texture Library.

Thread Upate May 6
    - Added missed website update:
    8 new Custom Objects, made by GORT, added to Christine's Fanmissions
    - 'Available' and 'Website update' messages changed of place.

Thread Update May 7
    - Added 3 New Websites:
    Thorins Texture Families for Thief 2, Absolute Background Textures Archive, and David Gurrea - 2D/3D Artist - blade textures
    - Changed the color of Thread Updates in change logs from black to red
    - Made the word 'to' in the website changes sentences bold
    - Changed the name of 1 website:
    Don's Object Models for Thief 2 to Don's Voice Acting and Object Models for TTLG and Thief 2 Fan Missions
    - Removed the dates behind the websites except those added in the latest update
    - Put the dates of websites added between brackets
    - Put the word of thanks for the one who reported a link between brackets
    - Changed word of thanks for the one who reported a link from 'Thanks (name)' to 'Thanks (name) for the link'.

Thread Update May 11
    - Changed the update message for the website Christine's Fanmissions posted posted on 18 march:
    link 'custom objects' directing to related thread replaced with link to website, and
    added new link directing to related thread.
    - Changed the update message for the website The Nameless Tower's Texture Vault posted on 2 april:
    Added new link directing to related thread
    - Added Website update:
    New Window Textures added to R'Soul's Website
    - Changed the name of 1 website:
    Don's Voice Acting and Object Models for TTLG and Thief 2 Fan Missions to Don's Voice Acting and other resources for Game Mods.

Thread Update May 12
    - Added a new website:
    Architectural Antiques.

Thread Update May 16
    - Added 'Voice Recordings' to the available list for the website Don's Voice Acting and other resources for Game Mods
    - Added new sentence as explanation for the other websites:
    For more links see the other posts in this thread.
    Last edited by The Phantom; 18th Jul 2006 at 18:25.

Free textures* (including, but not limited to, doors!):
    http://free-textures.got3d.com/index.html
    (also has windows)

*photographs of things (i.e. a bit of work required to make them thief-ready)

Archivist

major thread update today

Read the details at the top.

Two websites with textures:

Thorsten Willert - Texturen (http://stilgar.st.funpic.de/index.htm)
    Noctua-Graphics (http://www.noctua-graphics.de/english/freetex_e.htm)

A pack of 20 free textures, for any use, can be found here

Look in the "4Free" selection.

I'm using some of these in my new FM.

Some ceiling panels and moldings.

More textures!
    Last edited by sluggs; 30th Jun 2006 at 01:48.

Archivist
    2 more texture websites:

Image After (http://www.imageafter.com/)
    ANIMAX (http://www.animax.it/animax/Textures.htm)

Archivist

Changelog 3

With all the Thread Updates with changes made in the last two months.

Thread Update May 20 2006
    - Added Website Update
    New Walking Stick Weapon, made by sluggs, added to JasonOtto.Net

Thread Update May 25 2006
    - Added Website Update
    New Cart Pack, made by sluggs, added to JasonOtto.Net
    - Added 'Files' to the available list for the website Dark Arrow's Thief 2 Site

Thread Update May 26 2006
    - Added 'Textures' to the available list of The House of Dhin
    - Posted 2 new websites:
    Thorsten Willert - Texturen & Noctua-Graphics
    - Added the titles 'DromEd Resources Websites', 'Other Websites' and 'DromEd Resources Threads' as well as explanational texts to the thread
    - Posted several 'DromEd Resources Threads'.
    - Extended the introduction text
    - Added an end text.
    - Updated the text shown in black.

Thread Update June 7 2006
    - Added Website Update
    10 new Moneyboxes & new texture families added to The Weary Taffer
    - Replaced 'Custom Objects' and 'General Resources' in The Weary Taffer's available list with 'Objects' and 'Textures'
    - Switched the colors of the websites and author links.

Thread Update June 13 2006
    - Added Website Update
    New Doors: Terrain Textures & Objects added to R Soul's Website.

Thread Update June 21 2006
    - Added 3 Website Updates:
    New Wreath & Santa Hat objects added to JasonOtto.Net,
    New Broken Rope object added to Don's voice acting and other resources for Game Mods,
    New Mech Cloack object including a variety of optional Cloak Textures added to Don's voic acting and other resources for Game Mods
    - Added Additional Information for the following websites:
    Dark Arrow's Thief 2 Site, DromEd Textures, Low Poly Guild, MaJiC's Thief II Resource Collection, Model Makers' Vault, R Soul's Website, Targa's House 'O Thief Stuff, Targa's House 'O more Thief Stuff, The House of Dhin, The Nameless Tower, The Thieves' Warehouse, The Weary Taffer, The Well-Equipped Thief, Thief & DromEd Tools, Thief 2 DromEd V 1.18, Thief II: Flatstory, Thiefmissions.com/media, Thiefmissions.com/texture, Timon's Pages
    - Changed the order of the lines below every DromEd Resource Website
    - Added AI Skins to the available list of the website Thief 2 DromEd V 1.18
    - Added Miscellany to the available list of the website The Well-Equipped Thief
    - Replaced Items, Objects with AI Meshes, Objects, Weapons in the available list of the website Model Makers' Vault
    - Added new line 'Created by' for each DromEd Resource Website
    - Changed the line 'Author' for each DromEd Resource Website into 'Made by'
    - Changed the line 'Website update' into 'Latest website update'
    - Added the line 'Latest website update' for each DromEd Resource Website
    - Added new line 'Previous updates' for DromEd Resources Websites
    - Added two previous updates for the websites JasonOtto.Net and R Soul's Website.

Thread Update June 25 2006
    - Added Website Update
    4 new Furniture Objects added to JasonOtto.Net
    - Changed "Made by" line for the website JasonOtto.Net:
    Removed sluggs and replaced it by various other authors

Thread Update July 3 2006
    - Added a new website:
    Thiefmissions.com/models
    - Added additional information about hosting for the websites: Christine's Fanmissions, JasonOtto.Net, The Thieves' Warehouse
    - Added additional information about sluggs' objects for the website Jasonotto.net

Thread Update July 7 2006
    - Added Website Update
    New Distant Beasts Objects added to JasonOtto.Net

Thread Update July 18 2006
    - Added Changelog links & Note Message below the latest thread update message.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom
    The Nameless Tower
    Available: 3D Models
    [snip]
    - If you need a specific model for your Thief project, click on request a model on the 3D Models page.
    There's a lot more on my website than just models, though. I have lots of tools under the Tools section, including my menus & keybindings for D1/D2/SS2, 3ds2bin, Monolog Viewer, various motion-related stuff and, of course, the NVScript script module.

Also, I don't take model requests anymore, and the 'request a model' link is no longer on the 3D Models page.

Archivist
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless_Voice
    There's a lot more on my website than just models, though. I have lots of tools under the Tools section, including my menus & keybindings for D1/D2/SS2, 3ds2bin, Monolog Viewer, various motion-related stuff and, of course, the NVScript script module.
    Yes I know many of the websites have a lot more things available like tools and tutorials. But I only report the resources (like textures and objects) that are available on a website. Things that can used in a fanmission. The other things are just not what this thread is about so I do not note them. And besides, people will notice these things when visiting any of the websites.
    But to avoid any more confusion I might add a message to point out there are more things to be found on several websites then only resources

This is about almost the same thing as the websites with only tools, tutorials etc I don't add.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom
    And to prevent any misunderstandings, this thread is only meant to store all the websites that contain objects, textures, models, AI meshes etc, everything that can be used in Dromed.
    Websites with tools, tips, tutorials, scripts, belong in the Dromed FAQ!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless_Voice
    Also, I don't take model requests anymore, and the 'request a model' link is no longer on the 3D Models page.
    Ok I'll remove this information under your website in the next update.
    Last edited by The Phantom; 19th Jul 2006 at 17:01.

Custom scripts are resources though, in which case this important page is missing:
    http://www.thiefmissions.com/scripts/

Archivist
    I understand what you mean NV, but with resources in this thread I mean something different

NVScript is not visible in game the way textures and objects are. Only their effects can be seen if I'm right.
    Also, they are required to achieve something you want. Custom textures, objects etc are not really necessary, and most of the times they're only implemented to make a mission look better and replace bad-looking originals.

There is a rather vague difference between them, but to me scripts belong in the DromEd FAQ for these reasons.

And because scripts are already mentioned in two other pinned threads in the Editor's Guild Forum, Information about Scripts and DromEd FAQ, I don't find it necessary to report them here as well.
    Last edited by The Phantom; 20th Jul 2006 at 11:45.

Archivist

Title change

I changed the thread's title from DromEd Resources Websites into Guide to Custom Resources for dromEd.

When I started this thread there were only links to thief websites with custom resources to be found. But later it was extended with links to forum threads and posts with custom resources, as well as websites with textures and images not made for Thief.
    That's why the old title was no longer suitable. The new one should also give a clearer image of what this thread is about.

A couple of texture websites:

Texture Library (http://textures.forrest.cz)
    WARNING: The info page says the library contains a lot of commercial textures with copyright. The website owner cannot say which ones have and which ones don't, so it's best to refrain from using any of these textures in a fanmission.
    Free Photo's Index (http://www.fontplay.com/freephotos/)
    Last edited by The Phantom; 29th Oct 2006 at 18:38.

Lots of Skyboxes! Some good, some absolutely terrible!

http://www.scentednectar.com/skyboxes/index.htm

Archivist

Changelog 4

The fourth changelog with the list of changes made in the last two months.

Thread Update July 22 2006
    - Added 2 new Dromed Resources Threads with AI Skins:
    Thief FMs Dream Team, how'bout it? and LOL REPOST: My skins + a few new ones
    - Added Website Update
    New Life Buoy Pack, made by sluggs, added to JasonOtto.Net
    - Added descriptions to all DromEd Resources Threads, including member profile links and two website links.
    - Removed the Additional Information about requesting a model from under the website The Nameless Tower because NV stopped making them.

Thread Update August 2 2006
    - Added new DromEd Resources Thread with textures:
    New granit textures
    - Added Skyboxes to the available list of the website JasonOtto.Net
    - Added Additional Information under the website JasonOtto.Net about the skyboxes
    - Added Sound Recording to the available list of the website R Soul's Website
    - Added Additional Information under the website R Soul's Website about the sound recording.
    - Changed the explanational text of the title 'DromEd Resources Threads'

Thread Update August 5 2006
    - Added a DromEd Resources Thread with objects:
    New Switches Pack for Thief 2
    - Added the title 'DromEd Resources Posts' and an explanational text.
    - Posted a DromEd Resources Posts:
    Surgical knives

Thread Update August 21 2006
    - Extended the additional information about the thread 'Get learning Anim8or! and added several links to images of new created objects.
    - Removed one of the two links to Christine's Fanmissions under DromEd Resources Websites because the AOL one will be down soon.
    - Added additional information about Nielsen74's objects for the website The Thieves' Warehouse

Thread Update August 29 2006
    - Changed the thread's title from 'DromEd Resources Websites' into 'Guide to Custom Resources for dromEd'.
    - Changed the introduction text
    - Added Website Update
    New Iron Gates objects added to The Weary Taffer

Thread Update September 3 2006
    - Added a new website:
    Potterdevelopments
    - Added a Custom Resources Thread with objects:
    Swords, some banners & more
    - Added a Custom Resources Post with objects:
    Banner and Squirrel
    - Extended the additional information about the thread 'Improving some low-quality original objects' and added several links to images and download links of improved objects
    - Added red coloured 'New' or 'Extended' notification above the new website, threads and post, to show that they're added in the lastest update. From now on this will be visible above every last added/changed website, thread or post
    - Changed the titles 'DromEd Resources Websites', 'DromEd Resources Threads' and 'DromEd Resources Posts' into 'Custom Resources Websites', Custom Resources Threads' and Custom Resources Posts', because the title of this thread already indicates it's about dromEd.

Thread Update September 14 2006
    - Added a Custom Resources Post with models:
    Lightcone
    - Added a Website Update:
    7 custom objects, made by Syi, added to Christine's Fanmissions
    - Removed a Custom Resources Thread:
    New Container Models
    The links were down and the models are now hosted on the website Christine's Fanmisisons
    - Replaced the link of the website Thief 2 Dromed V 1.18:
    http://www.btinternet.com/~axiomarchives/ with http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/raspwils/
    - Added 'AI skins' and 'Music' to the available list of the website Timon's Pages
    - Added Additional Information about the music for the website Timon's Pages
    - Extended the Additional Information for the website Thiefmissions.com/media:
    mentioned the original TG and T2 Conversations in the sentence
    - Extended the introduction text.

Thread Update September 18 2006
    - Added a Custom Resources Post with skins:
    Pagan Warrior Skins
    - Added additional information about the post 'Pagan Warrior skins'
    - Added the title 'Gamesys of fanmissions' as well as an explanational text for it
    - Added two threads to the list of Other threads worth mentioning:
    Thief 2 Texture Pack - BETA 1 and T2: High-Poly AI WIP

Free textures for non commercial use...

http://www.planit3d.com/source/textu...textures01.htm

Free textures and models...

http://www.gamesextract.com/about.php
    Last edited by sluggs; 30th Sep 2006 at 20:38.

Undule's textures:
    http://www.planetunreal.com/undulation/textures_n.htm

A lot of the textures seen in Calendra's Legacy were from this site.
    Links are on the right. Download the bitmap archives, which will need a bit of work to get them thief-compatible (mostly applying palettes I think)
    Last edited by R Soul; 25th Oct 2006 at 18:15.

Well, looks like the old Low Poly link works again, but that site won't be updated anymore.
    I couldn't log on for quite some time.

LPG has been updated at http://thiefmissions.com/lpg

And if you wouldn't mind Phantom, Add Nameless Voice as co-creator. He did all alot of scripting for the menus.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast