TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide to Custom Resources for DromEd

Archivist
    Thanks for informing me. Changing the LPG link was already on my to-do-list
    I've just updated this thread, including the changes you wrote about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanditter
    btw, http://textures.forrest.cz/ is a bit suspect, read the info page and you'll see why.
    You are right. I have added a warning message under the link that i posted here.

Archivist

Update

As usual read the top of the thread for the changes.

Among other things today's update includes two threads that have been added to the list of Other threads worth mentioning, under Custom Resources Threads:
    Latest from mystery Dev: All Thief 1/2 Objects in 3DS format, plus out-takes
    Thief 2 Gold Missions Released & T1 Outtakes

They were recently unsticked because it was getting to crowded on top of the forum. Digital Nightfall suggested them to be mentioned here so that people will still be able to find them easily.

THE LARGEST COLLECTION OF FREE SOUND EFFECTS ON THE INTERNET
    http://www.grsites.com/sounds/

Ah, spent the last few hours looking for good textures, man they are soo hard to find.
    Came across this beauty of a site for 3d artists:
    http://www.cgtextures.com/
    Some great photos, really cool stuff. Dl limit of 50 MB per day (I belive it's per day). They are NOT tileable though, and strange sizes. I'm working on tiling a bunch now so we will have some new texture fams soon.
    Grabbed a bunch of good ones and found a few other textures around.
    ------
    Here are a few examples, these didn't tile, but now they do. This trim shows what you can be done start (top) and finish (bottom):

There is a line in the middle of that finished trim in this pic, that's just from copy/paste tile in photoshop, isn't there in the actual image.

and after I tiled that one I overlaid some mossy sewery stuff

don't use these as they are med quality jpegs, I'll have a family or 2 in a few days for public use
    Last edited by Schwaa2; 20th Nov 2006 at 02:13. Reason: example

May i have permission to copy this link-list onto my website? It's a very small site at the moment, and this would be an excellent content-booster.

Archivist
    Good to see that there are still websites with textures posted here

Don't hesitate to check them out, not only the links posted at the start of this thread. With a little searching there are some great looking textures to be found.

thiefinthedark: Of course, no problem.

Thank you!

Archivist

Changelog 5

Changelog with the list of changes made in the last months.

Thread Update Oktober 9 2006
    - Added a new website:
    Naks & TDBonko's page
    - Removed a Custom Resources Thread:
    Swords, some banners & more
    All created objects can now be found on the website 'Naks & TDBonko's page'. But the link to the thread is still visible, now under the website as additional information.
    - Added a Custom Resources Thread with a texture:
    New Stained-Glass Texture - The Hermit
    - Added a Website Update:
    34 new Custom Objects, made by Ar-Zimrathon (17) and Christine (17), added to Christine's Fanmissions
    - Added image link for the thread Get learning Anim8or (new tree by sterlino)
    - Added red coloured 'Updated' notifications above two Custom Resources threads to show that new resources are available. From now on this will be visible above every updated website, thread or post.
    - Changed the title of a Custom Resources Thread:
    LOL REPOST: My skins + a few new ones into (Was a) REPOST: My skins + a few new ones [update]

Thread Update October 29 2006
    - Added 2 Website Updates:
    many new Custom Objects, made by Ar-Zimrathon, Asgaroth, raetsel and Schwaa, added to Low Poly Guild ;
    Package with many custom objects, textures, skins and more, made by PinkDot, added to Timon's Pages
    - Replaced the link of the website Low Poly Guild:
    http://208.49.149.120/schwaa/index.html with http://thiefmissions.com/lpg/
    - Added additional information for the website Low Poly Guild about all the changes.
    - Added additional information for the website Timon's Pages about PinkDot's package with abandoned stuff.

Thread Update November 12 2006
    - Added two threads to the list of Other threads worth mentioning:
    Latest from mystery Dev: All Thief 1/2 Objects in 3DS format, plus out-takes & Thief 2 Gold Missions Released & T1 Outtakes
    - Added a Custom Resources Thread with textures:
    This Thief fan makes stained glass windows
    84 Custom Objects made by Nielsen74, and a couple made by sluggs, added to JasonOtto.Net

Thread Update November 26 2006
    - Added 3 Website Updates:
    New Wheelbarrow object added to R Soul's website ;
    New HiRes Talismans objects added to The Weary Taffer ;
    New Water ripple objects added to The Well-Equipped Thief
    - Added a link to sluggs' abandoned mission (Lighthouse) under Additional information for Jasonotto.net, that includes all his custom objects, include the latest ones.
    - Added a Custom Resources Post with an AI skin
    - Added two image link for the thread Get learning Anim8or (new jar and cigarbox objects by Nielsen74)

Thread Update December 17 2006
    - Added a new Custom Resources Website:
    Quake 3 textures for Thief (http://garrett.cjb.hu/q3_textures.htm)
    - Added a thread to the list of 'Other threads worth mentioning':
    Available improved/fixed original objects (and some textures)

Thread Update January 1 2007
    - Added the line 'Other available resources' for the following websites that have more then only custom resources:
    Christine's Fanmissions, Dark Arrow's Thief 2 Site, Don's Voice Acting and other resources for Game Mods, JasonOtto.Net, Low Poly Guild, Model Maker's Vault, Naks & TDBonko's page, R Soul's website, Raetsel's Thief Stuff, Shadowspawn's Thief Pages, Starforge - Thief 2, Targa's House 'O Thief Stuff, The Nameless Tower, The Nameless Tower's Texture Vault, The Weary Taffer, The Well-Equipped Thief, Thief 2 Dromed V1.18 ;
    - Removed the download link for sluggs' lighthouse fm from the additional information of Jasonotto.net ;
    - Updated the additional information of Jasonotto.net about sluggs' latest objects ;
    - Several other improvements.

Thread Update January 5 2007
    Textures, made by gumdrop, added to Thiefmissions.com/media

Archivist

Update

Until now only custom resources like textures, objects, ai skins etc were listed in the thread.
    But recently i also included the other resources that are available on each Custom resources website, like tools, tutorials, demos, scripts etc.
    They are listed in bold (just like the other, earlier mentioned resources) under Additional information, Other available resources.
    You can see the number of resources on a website, and, if not too many, the names of the files behind it.

I'm not planning to keep track (website updates) of these resources as well.

I've also made changes in the size and colours of links and titles for an improved overview.

Some nice free textures can be found here...

http://www.joesartworlds.de/extra/extrapreview.htm

Clearinghouse
    Baument Free Downloads Page - big archive of the models in 3DS format.

Woah! Loads of models there but, according to a readme inside one of the .zips, they can't be re-distributed...

<--Absolutely no re-distribution of these models or textures, in their original or modified form allowed!-->
    More...

Still, they are great for reference, ideas, for putting in your movies, etc.

I'm currently downloading and extracting loads of 'em!
    Last edited by Sluggs; 15th Jan 2007 at 13:08.

Clearinghouse
    Free 3D Models - bank of the models in 3DS format.

Lot of textures, models ( 3ds,, mdl ...), for conitec game studio. They are free, but some of them are in 3DGS format (mdl ...wad...).
    If you find anything interesting, just let me know and I will convert it to standard format.

Acknex Unlimited

I've never used custom objects in my missions and it's been a few years since I've played any FMs (except T2X). So I really don't know what’s been used, what object is usually used in FMs now instead of some original objects and so on. This has made selecting objects and textures from the vast number of custom content available pretty difficult. I said all this just to come to this question:

Is there any good custom object and texture packages available with a good selection of content in them so that I can just downlad a few packs?

In my mission, Annihilated, there are loads of new objects, most of which are not even seen in the mission, that you can use. The mission comes with a complete gamesys, so all you have to do to view them is just create them in-game.

Every new object I create, gets added to my latest mission, and the gamesys just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Once I've finished my latest, I will create a pack with loads of new objects. My latest mission currently has an obj folder with 578 .bin files in it! That's a damn lot of time spent in Anim8or!

Hmm, I've never messed with gamesys files. Would it be possible for me to load the file to my mission (with your permission) and add the bin files to the mesh folder to get the objects loaded to my mission? I'm assuming the gamesys file only has the new objects, right?

When do you think your object pack will be ready? (In other words when will your latest mission be released?)

I have no idea when my next one will be finished. Hopefully within a couple of months.

Yes, you can use the custom gamesys, which is the original gamesys, but with loads of new stuff. Everything is under Miss17Stuff in the hierarchy. Dig deep and you'll find all sorts of stuff!

When you load your mission, you'll want to type in the console: set_gamesys x.gam (where x is the name of the gamesys), then resave the mission. When you reload the mission, it will ask you for the gamesys, and you just load it in like you would a .mis file.

Copy over the obj folder to your main Thief2 folder and you'll be set!

The mesh folder is for custom AI and the player's arms.
    Last edited by Sluggs; 1st Feb 2007 at 10:07.

DromEd shouldn't ask you to locate the gamesys unless you have it in a path where it doesn't expect (e.g. anywhere other than the same folder as DromEd.exe).

True, but I don't keep mine in my Thief 2 folder, as I'm always updating it. I keep mine in my FM folder until I need to test the mission out of Dromed.

*Stops fagging up this thread!

Thanks guys, I think I've got it now.

Now I must stop hijacking this thread.

Archivist
    ImmortalThief: Another thing to recommend is replacing several of the original objects with the improved versions.

Improving some low-quality original objects?
    Available improved/fixed original objects (and some textures)

Thanks to Dario, here's another texture site.

The goal of CGTextures is to become the best free texture site for 3D Graphics artists

A few more:
    http://textures.boom.ru/main_e.htm

textures dot boom

They may NOT be free to use with out permission???. (IMO)
    Welcome on site textures for your 3D work and background for your site. You may take part in lifes site having sent their own textures and backgrounds to me. In thanks from me you get the signature under your picture and reference to your site or e-mail. The size of the texture must not be more 300 kb. All textures submitted for this put are exclusive. No part site can be not reproduced in what that nor was a form and what that nor was a facility without written permit owner.
    It is in very bad english, especially the last bit, about the free use of the textures.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast