TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Guide to Custom Resources for dromEd

Quote Originally Posted by Gripper View Post
    textures into my thief II folder?
    That's a risky place to extract them to. What happens if you need to reinstall?

Put those textures somewhere else and open index.html.

heh... whoops... I think it's too late now to move them, there's already a bunch of stuff in my thief II folder, and I'm not sure how I'd seperate it all out. Perhaps this is why I'm now geting an error when I start dromed and open my new mission:

Then again, it might be because I installed the new texture pack thing today...

Nope, that error is from using a TGA file, which Dark can use but will complain like this because it can't find a palette for it (since TGAs are unpalettized). You can fix it and a couple of other Dromed bugs with Telliamed's Dromed Total Patch.

But your bigger problem now is the mess you have in your folder.

By default the contents of t2tex.zip should all go into a subfolder called 'Texture Browser'. Unless you told your zip program to ingnore path names, it might not be too bad.

Archivist

Tutorial sources

Thought I should post this here.

Explanation:
    To find a specific tutorial click Search this Thread, which you can find in the top-right corner of this thread (once logged in).
    Type in the keywords for a specific tutorial, and after searching those will be highlighted in red. Finally, click the link above the selected tutorial to go to the website where it can be found.

Important: The first two links below bring you to so-called "Tutorial databases", each with their own search system. When a thread search gives no results, be sure to search these as well.

The sources to consult, in no partcicular order:

This post has become obsolete! All tutorials have been moved to a seperate thread (Go here).
    Last edited by The Phantom; 29th Jul 2011 at 11:25. Reason: notification

That's a good idea

Don't forget the Dromesdsay Book

Careful with crediting some of the tutorials on that site - since anyone can edit, the 'last edited by' at the bottom may not be accurate. Actually, having just checked, in most cases it is accurate. I wrote most of this one: http://whoopdedo.org/doku/dromed/camvators and Telliamed added a bit at the end.

I'm quite sure Yandros wrote most of this one: http://whoopdedo.org/doku/dromed/glyph_doors
    Last edited by R Soul; 27th Feb 2008 at 10:28.

Archivist

Demo sources

Here are the sources to consult for demos.

About missing demos
    Some links to demos posted in forum threads are no longer available (n/a). Check out the general sources at the top instead, of contact the author to put it back up.
    If you find it somewhere else, let me know.

---------------------

Latest updates
    - not recently

The Nameless Tower
    http://www.wearytaffer.com/NV/ (New link)
    Check under 'utilities' > 'Missions'
    For:
    - Ingame Shop (T2) : a fully functional and reliable ingame shop in Thief 2
    - Seamless Teleport (T2) : to create a house with a bigger inside than it's outside
    - FPS demo (T1) : to demonstrate how to have something permanently fixed in front of the player's vision
    - Daggerfall Shop (T1) : a revamp of a Daggerfall shop
    - Grappling Hook (T1) : how to make a working grappling hook
    - Spreading Blaze (+ Tutorial) (T2) : how to have a fire spread along a path of oil when any one of them is lit with a flare.
    - Leaving Ripples (T1) : making the player leave ripples when walking in less than 2 units of water.
    - Haunt Stadium (T1) : How many Haunts can you kill?
    Related news:
    - From beyond the grave: The Nameless Tower.

Dark Arrow's Thief 2 Site
    http://koti.mbnet.fi/~darkar/
    Check under 'Files'
    For:
    - VictrolaDemo : "Someone once wanted to make a system which would work like cd player (You pick up a cd, put it in the victrola and it starts to play a certain track)."
    - dropfirewood : "... someone wanted to learn how to make an AI pick up a log and throw it into a fire."
    - BRCTdemo : "BRCT= Burrick riders and carryable torches. This demo shows how one can add these to a level."
    - Respawn point demo : "It shows that making respawning Ai's is very much possible in Thief 2."
    - Multimold smelter demo : "This is a working Multimold smelter as it was seen in the Thief1 level Return to the Haunted Cathedral. It has been made to work in Thief 2."
    - Spells (+ tutorial) : "This file has new spells for the Thief 2 spellcasters and some spells for Garrett." ; description here.
    - AI Models (Ogre) : "This file has three new AI models for Thief 2."
    - Smelter : "Working smelter system and a hammerite worker in Thief 2."
    - BCB : "This is a Dromed 2 file that contains Burrick, Crayman, Bugbeast, Spiderbeast, Fire Elemental, Craybeast and a Holy Font in the same gamesystem."

JasonOtto.Net
    http://jasonotto.net/resources/demos/
    For:
    Thief 2 Demos in no Particular Order
    - Three Mages Tomb by Schwaa - Demonstrates the Skully Brothers AI Meshes
    - [COLOR="Green"]64 Dream by Komag - Demonstrates the use of flow brushes in a novel way[/COLOR (Dreamslide)
    - AI Escape Demo by Schwaa - Demonstrates making an AI go to a point : "to show you how to set up an objective of having an AI goto a certain location."
    - AI Museum by William The Taffer - Shows off some new AI skins
    - Bring Object to a Room by Alastus : "Bring Something To Someplace objective"
    - CD Delay by Alastus : "Control Device Delay"
    - Flash Effect by Alastus : "Step into the circle to see the flash effect"
    - Wards by Alastus : "Put every talisman in its ward to open the doors"
    - All Creatures - Shows all the creatures available in Thief
    - Burrick Riders & Carriable Torches by Dark Arrow (+ tutorials)
    - Burrick Demo by Belboz - Imports burricks into Thief 2
    - Dedicated to TTLG by Cookiedough - Horrible little project
    - Mind Master by Komag - A complicated game
    - CamVator Demo by SilentSleep and Saturnine - How to make a CamVator (+ tutorial)
    - Carry over by Apache - Carry loot and equipment over from mission to mission
    - Climb - An attempt to make AI climb up ladders and mantle
    - Conv T2 by Imposter - A Conversation demo
    - Craymen in T2 by HunterAtNight – The craymen and bug beast in Thief 2 : "The files allow you to utilise Craymen and Bugbeasts in your missions."
    - Creature Clash 2 by Kung Fu Gecko - Just like the original just for Thief 2
    - Smelter by Dark Arrow - A working smelter
    - Decapitate Sheriff Truart by Rob Hicks - How fun is that
    - Doggy by Weyoun - Demonstrates a custom motion schema
    - Dorihu - A Japanese mission demos dropping objects by pressing buttons : "Shows wide barrels being dropped by button controls"
    - Droid Demo by William the Taffer - The System Shock 2 bots in Thief 2
    - Drop Coins Here by Schwaa - The drop coins objective : "created to show you how to make a "drop item in a certian spot" objective using Sources and Receptrons and QVAR Traps."
    - Fight Pub by William the Taffer - Shows Ai fighting
    - Fish by cdfbr - A swimming fish (+ tutorial)
    - Flow - What you can do with flow brushes
    - Fooling Guards with a Magic Whistle by Madbull#34 : "Demomission of how to fool guards with a magic whistle or spell scrolls for Thief II"
    - Frogmatic 3000 by William the Taffer
    - Water Bucket by William the Taffer - Put out a torch with a bucket of water : "These water buckets can be used to extinguish torches and other types of flame."
    - Jump - Demonstrates making AI jump
    - Keys and Locks by David Vrabel : "Demonstration of the use of keys and locks."
    - Knock Out Darts by Salvage : "a very small demo mission showcasing my Knockout Darts (tranquilizer darts)."
    - Portable Lantern by Blutch (+ tutorial)
    - Portable Lantern by Mad God : "a demo of hand lantern"
    - Portable Switchable Lantern by Spitter (+ tutorial): "a demo mission of a portable lantern which you can turn on and off."
    - Locational Damage - Head shots should hurt more right? : "a small demo mission for locational damage"
    - Machines - The Soulforge Machines Explained (+ tutorial)
    - Metabrush Sample - Before and After, not really showing anything
    - MistrzFX by Bukary - The special effects by Bukary
    - New Critters by Yametha - A pack of new AI : "This is a DM displaying a few new creatures I created."
    - New Critters 2 by Yametha - Another pack of new AI
    - New Keeper - Demonstrates one method of making Keepers disappear
    - von.Eins New Objects : "A Demolevel with 22 new Objects"
    - Several New Things by Doom - Third lockpick, poison bomb, etc. (+ tutorials): "third lockpick, Poison Sword, Making Garrett Affected by Posion and an antidote potion, Poison Bomb, Combo door, Whoosy Up tube, Lantern Guard, teleport stuff, information on QVarTriggers and Traps"
    - Seamless Teleportation by Nameless Voice - how you can teleport the player : "This example mission uses seamless teleportation to create a house with a bigger inside than it's outside."
    - In Game Shop by Nameless Voice : "demonstrates how to create a fully functional and reliable ingame shop in Thief 2."
    - Some new grenades - Water, Fire, Air grenades I guess
    - Poisoned Undead - Demonstrates losing health slowly over time when injured by the undead
    - Quicksand by Catalyst - Uses flow brushes to create quicksand : "A demo level and mini tutorial describing how to create a quicksand effect, not to mention the fine art of giving water non-water textures."
    -Retrieval by Komag - The mission that goes along with his excellent tutorial (+ tutorial)
    - Retrieval by HansCz - Komag’s tutorial as created by someone else
    - Thief 2 Sky by Rob Caminos - Explains the new sky settings : "New Sky Rendering Mission Parameters"
    - Unfinished Lighthouse Project by Gum Drop - Its rather crude, not a demo, its an abandoned project
    - Security Camera Demo by Silent Sleep
    - Rising Water Demo by Shadowspawn - A really neat water effect : "Rising Water Demo. How the trick is done."
    - Shins Demos by Shin - A bunch of small projects
    - Ship by BG Taffer - Just his first DromEd project : "I have created it just for fun, to test my DromED skills"
    - Smelter - A working smelter
    - Smelter 2 - Same demo I guess, with some refinements
    - New Spells by Dark Arrow - Some new spells you can cast (+ tutorial) : "This demo has new spells for creatures and for Garrett"
    - Spooky Door by William the Taffer - A spooky door (+ tutorial)
    - Sport - No idea what it demonstrates
    - Spreading Blaze - A fire that spreads
    - T2 Bafford - The Thief 1 mission imported to Thief 2
    - T2 Baffords Curse by Schwaa - The Thief 1 mission with the undead
    - T2 Bonehoard - The Thief 1 mission imported to Thief 2
    - Thief 2 Object List by Thorin Oakenshield - index of default objects
    - Teleport Demos by Belboz - Several types of teleports demonstrated : "Three teleportation demos, Simple, Advanced, Exotic"
    - Test Motions by Demonreaver - Demonstrates some motions
    - Serpents Eye by Z - Demonstrates “Atmosphere”
    - Thief 2 Rare and Unused Items by Catalyst - Items that we rarely see : "contains a collection of some unused/rare models found in mesh.crf and obj.crf."
    - Grappling Hook by Stikboy - Demonstrates a grappling hook
    - Train by Catalyst - A moving train
    - Trampoline - A neat demonstration of a bouncy surface
    - Traps Demo by Komag - Komag’s tutorial on traps : "It demonstrates the use of traps such as relay traps, revert traps, require all traps, etc."
    - Trap Timed Delay
    - Trap Timed Delay 2
    - Undead - Demo of killing a zombie
    - Victrola Demo - Demonstration of a working victrola with multiple tracks
    - Welcome to Thief 3 by JIS - Just a dark mission nothing to do with Thief 3
    - Wrestling by Gaylesaver - An AI battle that you can wager on : "A simulation that merges the horse track with the wrestling match"
    Thief 1/Gold Demos In No Particular Order
    - consult the page itself for the list of demos -
    Demo Missions By Sluggs
    - The BFG, Fun with a Big Cannon
    - In Game Movie : "I recently discovered a new way to make in-game cutscenes so i made this little demo to show you. I can't see it being used in your main mission but as a single intro/outro mission."
    - Junk Mission, not sure what it Demonstrates
    - Small Demo Collection
    - A Small Incomplete Mansion
    - A Small Haunted Crypt, Neat Particle Effects
    - Zombie Bits, Just the Zombie Parts on Display
    - Sky Settings
    Demo Missions by Jason Otto
    - Lantern Demo based on Spitter’s Design

Shadowspawn's Thief Pages
    http://www.angelfire.com/games4/shadowspawn/Demos.html
    For:
    - Sitting AI
    - Spotlight demo : "How to make a moving spotlight."
    - Rising water demo : "How to make it appear that the water level is rising."
    - Short AI demo : "How to get short AI to walk though small openings."

Thief Underground - Demo Missions
    http://www.3dactionplanet.com/thief/dromed/dms/ (Link down. Hosting required.)
    http://web.archive.org/web/200905041...ef/dromed/dms/ (Temporal location ; requires Fileplanet subscription)
    For:
    Thief: The Dark Project
    - Alarus Extension : "Yes, finally we are allowed a glimpse beyond the tantalising pile of rubble..."
    - Creature Clash : "Watch the disparate AIs from Thief duke it out in an Arena."
    - dRuNkEn : "Really a demo mission of leftovers and other bits. Features a vehicle of sorts, unused models, a Church from CotT, a working clock and the Thief II clockwork eye/frog bomb combo..."
    - Haunt Stadium : "How many Haunts can you kill?"
    - Knife Thrower : "A example of a how to make a AI throw knives."
    - Pocket Spells : " Here is what you've been waiting for, a COW file with pocket spells! They're just like the arrow cyrstals, excpet you can "cast" them at people from you inventory."
    - Rainy Night, Eastside : "Stormy rain atmosphere demo."
    - Rising Water : "How to create the illusion of a rising water."
    - Self-light torches : "A demo mission for making torches which light up when you go near them."
    - Sitting AIs : "An example of how to make a sitting AI in DromEd 1."
    - Smelter, etc : "It has a smelter and a teleport thingy and some sleeping herbs."
    - SpotLights : "Shows the DromEd trickery necessary to create rotating spotlights."
    - The Gauntlet : "Welcome to your worst nightmare!"
    - The Trial : "The Mage/Warrior/Thief DM."
    Thief 2: The Metal Age
    - A demo level for Thief 2 : "This DM contains instructions on how to make poison, combination door locks and a third lockpick. It also contains some information on QVarTriggers and QVArTraps."
    - AI Escape Demo : "...to show you how to set up an objective of having an AI goto a certain location."
    - Breath : "...how to make AI's breath steam, to give the impression of extreme temperatures."
    - Bucket Demo : "Buckets of water for dousing flames."
    - Bunch o' new Objects : "A large selection of custom objects, for use in FMs."
    - Burricks : "All the necessary files for getting everyone's favorite critter working in Thief 2."
    - Carryover : "How to make loot and equipment carry over from one mission to the next."
    - Climb : "An abortive attempt to make AI's mantle and climb ladders..."
    - Creature Clash 2 : "Watch the disparate AIs from Thief duke it out in an Arena, but for Thief 2 this time."
    - Droid Demo : "An FM Showing the use of SS2 droids in a Thief 2 game."
    - FightPub : "...showing the use of continuous AI spawning."
    - Fish : "How to set up a fish that does the swim thing."
    - Flow : "An example of the wonderful things you can do with flow and blockable brushes."
    - Fool : "...how to fool guards with a magic whistle or spell scrolls."
    - Jump : "Four AI's jump over different distances."
    - NewKeep : "Equilibrium had some size and frame rate issues, because every light source was a s&r radius source too (That's 120+!). This demo swaps the system around, so just the keepers are radius sources. It's a lot more efficient."
    - Security : "Frobbing one of the buttons in this demo activates a security camera-style scouting orb view."
    - Rising Water : "How to create the illusion of a rising water."

Thiefmissions.com/demos/
    http://thiefmissions.com/demos/
    For:
    - AI Escape Demo : "... to show you how to set up an objective of having an AI goto a certain location using a QVAR Trap and a button."
    - Drop Coins Here Demo : "... to show you how to make a "drop item in a certian spot"
    objective using Sources and Receptrons and QVAR Traps."
    - Fool : "Demomission of how to fool guards with a magic whistle or spell scrolls for Thief II"
    - Gamma Box T1 v0.5 : "Demo for gamma settings for T1/D1"
    - Gamma Box T2 v0.5 : "Demo for gamma settings in T2/D2"
    - Ship : "The ship of lord Bafford has been hijacked by a group of pirates. The pirates don't know that there is an expensive medallion hidden somewhere in the ship. Take it!"
    - Shrieker's Ogre : "my humble try to bring the famous and obscure two-headed Ogre (a.k.a. Ettin) back to life. Yes, I know I am not the first who made it."
    - Spooky door demo (+ tutorial)
    - Tuttocomb alpha demo
    - Hero Quest
    - New Critters : "This is a DM displaying a few new creatures I created."
    - testsync : "This is a example mission showing how to make one AI appear to follow another using conversations to control the following AI's movements and keep them synchronised..."
    - Train : "This is a demo that I made ... to prove that the Dark Engine could make great moving vehicles (or at least fake it like Soldier of Fortune.)"
    Komag/
    - AI Museum : "A demo mission to show my new AI skins"
    more

http://www.keepofmetalandgold.com/

The Keep of Metal and Gold
    http://www.keepofmetalandgold.com/fmarchive.htm
    For:
    - AI Escape : how to set up an objective of having an AI goto a certain location.
    - AI Museum : demo mission to show new AI skins
    - Athene Thief : two demo levels showing a Athene temples' and Roman Houses' architecture.
    - Carry Over : how to make your loot and equipment carry over from one mission to the next.
    - Drop Coins Here (+ Tutorial): how to make a "drop item in a certian spot" objective using Sources and Receptrons and QVAR Traps
    - Drunken : Features a vehicle of sorts, unused models, a Church from CotT, a working clock and the Thief II clockwork eye/frog bomb combo
    - Gizmos : demonstrating various gizmos and technical effects
    - Keys and Locks (+ Tutorial) : specifying use of keys and their locks
    - Knockout Darts : demo mission showcasing Knockout Darts (tranquilizer darts)
    - Merry Christmas : small demo with snow, Garrett enjoying the season
    - Mint, The : mission includes:smelter, teleport spell book, teleport marker settinf armlet, sleeping herbs
    - New Critters 2 : displaying a few new creatures
    - New Objects : A Demolevel with 22 new Objects
    - Shop in Game (+ Tutorial) : build up a Permanent shop/store in game
    - Tower of Karras, The : Grappling Hook demo (+ Tutorial)
    - Trap : shows a magical trap
    - Unusual Conditions : a demo mission for modified weapons, filled with Greenhorn's custom objects.
    - Wrestling Match, The : A simulation that merges the horse track with the wrestling match

http://thiefmissions.com/search.cgi?...o&sort=title#m

Thief: The Circle
    http://thief-thecircle.com/missions/
    Do a Fan Missions search for "demo"
    For:
    - Train demo : Moving Vehicles

Specific demos:

- Multiple Loot and Item Carryover Demo : "a demo showing how to carry items and loot between missions more than once"
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133944

- Stealing the Stolen (T2) - demo mission by d'Spair
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133514

- T2 Demo: Hammerites vs. Mechanists
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132792

- T2 Bathory - The AI Museum (demo) : "a very small demo mission about the upcoming Bathory AIs (just 2 museumlike hallways)"
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130783

- Old T1 demo mission: EAX Gallery by TACOS
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129965

- T2 FM: Batman demo by Independent Thief : "just a little demo I put together after watching The Dark Knight."
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122950

- Gamma Box demo - for adjusting gamma settings (T1 & T2) : "Very small "darkloader ready" demos for adjusting gamma settings."
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124678

- New T2 Demo FM: Hookshot demo - May 14, 2008 : "This is a demo of a tool called a hookshot. If you've played Zelda: Ocarina of time, you should know what I'm talking about."
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121256

- ParticleAttacheing things to the Player can be very interesting! - Demo included : "I think giving a ParticleAttachement link to Player (via a conv, of course) can be used to create some cool effects."
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121288

- Frag Grenades demo : "Grab the Frag grenades and kill or be killed!"
    http://www.thiefmissions.com/targa/frag.zip

The Weary Taffer
    http://www.wearytaffer.com/
    Check under 'Tools' > 'Utilities'
    For:
    - Motion Tag Demo : "This little demo mission gives you access to most of the original T2 motions." Direct link: here.

- Plantdemo
    http://www.darklurker.com/projects.html

- Script Demo / Public Release #2 : "See bin Laden wrestle Ashcroft in this mission"
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...highlight=demo

- Motion Examples
    http://www.keepofmetalandgold.com/files/testmotions.zip

- Elevator demo : "For the taking a little elevator demo mission I did with auto doors"
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...highlight=demo (n/a)

- Moving Vehicles: Train Demo

- Dynamic Lights demo (+ Tutorial) : Lights Buttons Window Action : "This demo shows a way of doing the following: - using a pair of buttons as a light switch to control a lamp ; - using multiple pairs of buttons to control a lamp ; - making the light from a lamp shine through a solid-brush window (or not, if the lamp is switched off) ; - making the light from a torch shine through a solid-brush window (or not, if the torch is extinguished)."

- Soulforge Machines Demo & Tutorial
    Direct link: machines.zip

- Link: A simple demo, nothing serious

- Demo mission by MRYS : Doors

- Schwaa's Demo Mission - Breakable Lamps, Bugs, Many new objects

- FM "Drunken demo"

- Demo: Unusual Conditions : a demo-mission for Greenhorn's new weapons and objects

- CrayBug Demo

- Demo - A whistle to fool guards

- TrapTimedRelay Demo v2 : "This demo is built from the first TTR script demo, but shows a different format of the effect."

- Decapitate Truart Demo

- FAL-D1-demo
    Last edited by The Phantom; 30th Jul 2011 at 13:55.

Archivist

Tools sources

And to complete the list of resources, here are all the sources for tools one can need for dromEd.
    No plans atm to write down which tools can be found at each website. You have to search there yourself .

As with the demos, some tools are no longer available (n/a). Check somewhere else, or contact the author.
    Missing a link? Post them here.

Specific tools:

Mission Readme editor - "a new version of the "Homemade Mission text Wizard" created by Matt Taylor"
    http://ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127434

DromEd MaxRes Patch - Increase usable window size of Dromed
    http://ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127090

TnhScript 2.1 & Public Scripts 2.1
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125551

Str-Converter v2.0
    http://www.zinkchristine.de/str-converter.html

NVScript v1.1.0
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122502

DromEd Toolkit 1.0
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114292

Currently unavailable
    Motion Editor v1.0 v2.0.2
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...28#post1055728 (at the bottom of post)

DromAddon
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...highlight=tool

BookBuilder
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...highlight=tool (n/a)

ThiefEx
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...highlight=tool

Currently unavailable
    MDBReplace
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...45#post1057645 (at the bottom of post)

Tools sources:

Revised
    http://thief.starforge.co.uk/wiki/Resources
    Includes (among others):
    - FixNormal v0.1
    - Motion Editor v2.0.2
    - MDBReplace v1.0
    - Texture browser generator

Currently unavailable
    http://www.thief-thecircle.com/dromed/tools.asp

http://www.jasonotto.net/resources.html

http://thiefmissions.com/lpg/
    Includes:
    - 3ds2bin
    - 3ds2bin skins
    - Bright183
    - FreeTheObjects
    - General Motion Database
    - Mesh Fix
    - Meshscale
    - Motion Editor 2.0.1
    - Motion Database Editor
    - N3ds2e and BSP
    - Thief Adobe Pallette

http://www.3dactionplanet.com/thief/mmv/tools/

http://dejtom3.freehostia.com/ (under 'Custom Stuff')
    Includes:
    - Resources Hacker v3.4.0
    - A4FG-1 1E - Font generator
    - FreeTheObjects - 3ds to bin conversion
    - Tga tool - tga files editing
    - Tgatool2 - new version of TGA files editing
    - VIEW3DS - 3ds file viewer

http://www.angelfire.com/games4/shadowspawn/Tools.html

http://www.geocities.com/nameless_voice/ (under 'Utilities' > Tools)

http://www.geocities.com/nameless_voicetex/Tools.htm
    Includes:
    - Bright v1.83
    - Texture Thumbnail Viewer
    - GIMP
    - Texture Maker

http://www.wearytaffer.com/ (under Tools > Utilities)
    Includes:
    - Motion Tag Demo
    - DEDx Menus for Dromed

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/raspwils/downloadable.html

http://www.thiefmissions.com/tools/

http://thiefmissions.com/scripts/

http://thiefmissions.com/telliamed/

http://www.3dactionplanet.com/thief/dromed/files/
    Last edited by The Phantom; 17th Sep 2011 at 06:22. Reason: Updates

"Starforge - Thief 2 (dead)" Lies, I tell you! Lies!
    Between Dreams and Shadows - missions, objects, textures and more
    Missions: Shadowed Mayfield · Xavier's Library

Archivist
    Yeah yeah, give me a break

Edit: No more lies, dead notification removed. Good to see your objects available again!
    Last edited by The Phantom; 15th Mar 2008 at 16:24.

I need a tool for batch rescaling textures in DromEd missions.
    E.g. each surface with texture id "23" is scaled "15" or whatever. Can anyone help me with that?

One of Telliamed's DarkUtils programs can do that.

The link to his site is a few posts up.

txswap2.exe is the program you'll need, and there are instructions for it in txswap.txt

Clearinghouse
    Textures: folder1, folder2, folder3, folder4.

Clearinghouse
    Last edited by clearing; 8th Jun 2008 at 04:29.

Does someone knows what happend to Lemog 3d Textures ?

Has just the url changed or is this site completly gone?

I've tried with http://lemog.free.fr, but the following site not really contains textures. Very strange...

Does somebody have some of the original textures from Lemog3d? I need the high resolution ones, because I want include high-resolution textures in my FM (thanks for timeslip with his ddfix )

Clearinghouse

Clearinghouse
    Free 3D Models (under a Creative Commons Licence).

Phantom, could you change the link to my website please?

The new address should be:
    http://catmanofiowa.com/RSoul/

However the current link still works, even though my ISP gave the impression that from today, it would not

I have updated my homepage with all objects and ai's that were made for the pirates campaign. Most objects were made by Greenhorn, a few were made by me, you'll find them all here: http://www.zinkchristine.de/Dromed.html
    I hope you'll find something useful for your missions

Archivist

Custom Materials (Objects, Textures, Skins, Brushes)

A word of advice regarding custom materials:
    It requires skill to create an original mission that still breaths the spirit of Thief. A large mix of all kinds of custom objects and textures from various authors don't make your Fan Mission per se better. The end result often looks messy, more like a mix of styles then having an own identity, and may lack the charm of Looking Glass' original missions.
    The T1/2 stock resources are perfectly suited most of time and should be your first focus (unless you want a level not situated in the thief universe).
    When stock resources don't provide what you're looking for, or don't fit for what you're planning to create, you can always turn to custom resources. But always use them wisely and go for quality (read: suitability) above quantity.

Can't find what you're looking for here? Go to Sxerks' Custom Resources database for searching by Author and Type: http://thief.wikia.com/wiki/DromEd/Custom_Resources

Notice any (download)links no longer working? Contact the author/host.

LATEST UPDATES

17 Sep 2011:
    - renamed 'Starforge - Thief 2', the site by The Watcher, into 'Between Dreams and Shadows'
    - changed the link to The Watcher's revised site
    - new Hanging brazier object on The Watcher's site.
    22 Jul 2011: New host for Flecha's site The Thieves' Warehouse
    22 Jul 2011: New objects hosted on Paweuek's site Thief & DromEd Tools
    26 Jun 2011: Balatro's Texture Packs hosted on The Watcher's site
    25 Jun 2011: New link to NV's site with objects (The Nameless Tower)
    25 Jun 2011: Improved original objects on R Soul's site

1: FMs Gamesys/in-game

Possibly the most custom resources can be discovered in the gamesys of FMs, when opening the zip. file and searching under fam, obj and Snd, or playing the mission itself.

For searching the following thread can be of help: Listing the resources/effects of FMs
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121575

Contact the author for permission to use it in your own project

2: Thief sites

HULUB.CH
    By Eshaktaar
    Available: Objects from Broken Triad
    Latest addition: not recently

Dark Zone
    By Master_edd
    Available: Objects and more
    Latest addition: -

Christine's Homepage
    Available: Objects by various authors

Dark Arrow's Thief 2 Site
    Available: 3d Models & Files

Diebesgut By UglyEd
    Available: Objects & Textures

Don Willadsen's Object models
    By dlw6
    Available: Object models, Textures, Voice Recordings
    Latest update: not recently

DOWN
    DromEd Textures
    By Phantom
    Available: Texture Packs by Balatro
    Latest addition: unknown

DOWN
    Dromed stuff by Sensut & Metal Dawn
    Available: AI models & Door textures from Sensut's Dracula campaign

JasonOtto.Net
    By Ottoj55
    Available: Objects by various authors, Skyboxes, Meshes and more
    Latest addition:
    - New furniture objects by Ottoj55 (21 Nov 2010). See related forum thread.

Low Poly Guild
    By Schwaa

MaJiC's Thief II Resource Collection
    By MaJiC@work
    Available: Textures & Multibrushes by various authors

DOWN
    Master Builder Store
    By Judith
    Available: Textures by various authors

Model Makers' Vault
    By Phantom
    Available: Objects and Weapons by various authors

Naks&TDBonko's page
    Available: Objects, Meshes, and more

DOWN
    Potterdevelopments
    By potterr
    Available: Card Table Texture by DarkDragon

UPDATE
    R Soul's Website
    Available: Objects, Textures, a Sound, and more
    Latest addition:
    - Improved original objects (Bafford's Throne and Holy Water Vial) by R Soul on 19 Jan 2011. Related forum post: here.

Raetsel's Thief Stuff
    Available: Objects and more
    Related news: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...80#post1814280

Shadowspawn's Thief Pages
    Available: AI Meshes & Models

REVISED
    Between Dreams and Shadows
    By The Watcher
    Available: Objects, Textures and more
    Latest addition:
    - Hanging brazier object by The Watcher on 28 Aug 2011.

Targa's House O' Thief Stuff
    Available: Objects/Items and more

Targa's House O' more Thief Stuff
    Available: Objects/Items and more

The House of Dhin
    Available: Objects and Textures

REVIVED
    The Nameless Tower
    Created by Nameless Voice, hosted by Yandros
    Available: 3d Models and more
    Related news:
    - From beyond the grave: The Nameless Tower

The Nameless Tower - Texture Vault
    Available: Textures

DOWN
    Quake 3 textures for Thief
    By Sensut
    Available: Quake 3 Textures by Id Software

REVIVED
    The Thieves' Warehouse
    Created by Flecha das Sombras, hosted by Yandros
    Related news:
    - The Thieves' Warehouse (back online!)

The Weary Taffer
    By Yandros
    Available: Objects, Textures and more

The Well-Equipped Thief
    By Vigil
    Available: Models, Textures, Miscellany and more

REVIVED
    Thief & DromEd Tools
    By Paweuek
    Available: Objects & Skins
    Latest addition:
    - 14 new painting objects (of celebrities) on 20 Jul 2011.
    Related news:
    - Paweuek's site refreshed

Thief 2 Dromed V1.18
    By And
    Available: Textures, AI Skins and more

Thief II: Flatstory
    By mkadlec
    Available: Objects

Thiefmissions.com/media
    By epithumia
    Available: Textures, Sounds and more

Thiefmissions.com/texture/

Thiefmissions.com/tools
    Available: Textures, Tools, DEDEX and more

Taffers Tavern
    By Thorin Oakenshield

Currently Unavailable
    Timon's Pages
    Available: AI Skins, Music, Objects and Textures by various authors

3: Forum Threads/posts for custom

MUSIC

Ambient Sounds Pack from "Faceless", by Dario
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129203

Ambience music for FMs, by Sephy
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128643

Background music for FMs (originally for the Hammerite Imperium), by atolonen
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125151

Soundscapes of the Hammerite Imperium, by zil
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107784

Six music tracks, made by ShadowSneaker
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121785

Dark ambient music track, by Yandros
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122198

OBJECTS / MODELS

Pumpkin object from "Rose Cottage", by caffeinatedzombeh
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129219

Art Package containing 128 painting objects, by LarryG
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124513

CoSaS Release Pack Index: +900 custom objects by various authors
    http://ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124449
    Direct links:
    Pack 1: Beds - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123312 -
    Packs 2/3: Replacement Portcullises and Ladders - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123334
    Pack 4: Keys - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123344
    Pack 5: Tinderbox & Flares - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123366
    Pack 6: Chairs - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123432
    Pack 7: Chests, Boxes, & Luggage - http://ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123576
    Pack 8: Folded Clothes - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123879
    Pack 9: Books & Scrolls - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123880
    Pack 10: Light Gem & Health Shields - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123882
    Pack 11: Doors - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123888
    Pack 12: Tiffany Lamps - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123890
    Pack 13: Tables & Stands - http://ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124301
    Pack 14: Noble Skins & Drunk Voice - Look under Skins and Sound
    Pack 15: Lights of All Types! - http://ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124317
    Pack 16: Desks, Cabinets, & Dressers - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124398
    Pack 17: Drapes - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124400
    Pack 18: Musical objects - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124401
    Pack 19: Flowers - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124432
    Pack 20: Bookcases - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124434
    Pack 21: Loot - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124437
    Pack 22: Pub Set - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124439
    Pack 23: Bathroom - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124446
    Pack 24: Gambling - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124447
    Pack 25: Bow & Quiver - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124448
    Pack 26: Dagger Motions - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1802330

King's Sale: new custom objects pack for Thief II, by Zontik
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132611
    Direct links:
    Volume #1: Keys - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131911
    Volume #2: Doors - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131972
    Volume #3: Lamps and chandeliers - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132039
    Volume #4: Beds - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132112
    Volume #5: Chairs - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132186
    Volume #6: Tables - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132270
    Volume #7: Furniture - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132316
    Volume #8: Loot - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132379
    Volume #9: Statues - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132443
    Volume #10: Mixed objects - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132539
    Volume #11: Interface - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132611

Package of 119 Glyph Objects, by LarryG
    http://ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124323

Suirrel and Banner models, by Dark Arrow
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...26#post1070226

Surgical knives, by dhin
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...65#post1117165

Pack of updated T2 switches, by Eshaktaar
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97656

Breakable Lamps, Bugs, Many new objects, by Schwaa2
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118408

Four gemstones, by Wille
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118305

Fixed vine arrow model, by Winter Cat
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112002

All objects from T1/2 in 3DS Format
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108194

SKINS

Hammerite and Dark Mages Skins, by DarkMax
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128438

CoSaS Pack 14: Noble Skins - http://ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124304

Many haunts and zombie skins, by Bronze Griffin
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98656

Mechanist skins, by Bronze Griffin
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98739

Monkey pirate & Pagan spy skin, by Bronze Griffin
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98603

Nobility skins, by Digital Nightfall
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113970

Female keeper skin, by metal dawn
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109716

Officers, haunts, spiders, Sammy and several other skins, by metal dawn
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107840

Pagan Warrior skins, by metal dawn
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...34#post1481934

Undead Brother Murus Skins, by Bronze Griffin
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135951

Zombie servant skin, by taffer9
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...21#post1526721

SOUND

Ambient Sounds Pack from "Faceless", by Dario
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129203

CoSaS Pack 14: Drunk Voice - http://ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124304

Thief 1 and 2 Sound effects enhancement pack, by Child of Karras
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119405

TEXTURES

Textures by DarkMax
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131462

Textures for Thief 2, by AntiMatter_16
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131458

New Cool Textures, by zappen
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131228

Texture Pack, by BrendaEM
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113250

Textures of antique items, by Dark Arrow
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112162

Texture Pack, by Melan
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119285

Sixteen book and scroll textures, by redface
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115399

Texture Pack for Thief 2, by the one true thief
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99416

Stained-glass texture, by theeviltritone
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108975

High-res T2 texture pack, by thief_gotcha
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119451

Stained-glass and window textures, by Wille
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112040

Granit textures, by Wille
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107899

Three new distant arts, by Wille
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117484

Stained-glass by various authors
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109936 (ask permission to use!)

VARIOUS

Currently Unavailable
    Package of textures, objects and skins, by PinkDot
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109552

Objects and skins from Dancing with the Dead, by Gregorius
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115834

Objects, ambients and textures, by MAYER
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...40#post1748340

Creation of objects with the program Anim8or
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83285
    Several links to images of created objects can be found below. Some contain a download link, but for most of them you have to contact the author:

Street lamp - Wall fire - Something cute - Goblet - Banner and Squirrel - Turbine -
    5 objects - Diesel engine sound (could be useful as well) - AI model - Car, Bike and Trash Can - Walkie talkie - Sodium lamp and Submarine bunk packs - Pillar - Compass - Carts - Wall carrier for crystals - Workshop tools - Towels - Drinking fountain - Another drinking fountain - 18 objects - Bed - Evil toilet -
    Computer and screen - Mace and Battle Axe - Spiked blackjack - Gargoyle - Beer keg - 8 objects - Furniture - Cylindrical windows and lighthouse - objects - Tree - Jar - Cigarbox - Ceiling Lamp - Sluggs' collection - Well rope - Black candle skull - Mechanist icons objects - Horse weather vane - Axe - Rock AI - Jug and Pot

Hammerite Kit, by Yandros
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115173

Thief Enhancement Pack
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118999

Objects, textures and skins
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108195

OTHER

Thief 2 Gold Missions
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108070

Objects created with Anim8or
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83285

Improved and fixed original objects and textures
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110378

High Poly AI (WIP), by Phantom
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89475

4: General Texture Sites

Absolute Background Textures Archive
    http://www.grsites.com/textures/

Architectural Antiques Exchange
    http://www.architecturalantiques.com/

BADMEAT
    http://www.badmeat.com/textures.shtml

CG Textures
    http://www.cgtextures.com/index_choose.php

David Gurrea - 2D/3D Artist - blade textures
    http://www.davegh.com/blade/davegh.htm

LeMog - 3dTextures
    http://www.lemog.fr/lemog_textures/index.php

Mayang's Free Texture Library
    http://www.mayang.com/textures/

NOCTUA Graphics
    http://www.noctua-graphics.de/english/fraset_e.htm

Olga's Gallery - Online Art Museum
    http://www.abcgallery.com/

Stormvissions
    http://stormvisions.com/pages/gallery.php

Thorsten Willert - Texturen
    http://stilgar.bplaced.com/

Undulation
    http://undulation.planetunreal.games...textures_n.htm
    Last edited by The Phantom; 17th Sep 2011 at 06:13. Reason: Update

Thanks for adding me here, Phantom! And the latest addition are textures from Flux (you've seen most of them in T3FM Valley)
    Will help with modelling, texturing and T1/2-style cut-scenes | Thief-related videos |Photoblog

Slight update....

I've added some basic street sign models. They're nowhere near as flexible as Nameless Voice's - the signs on the posts are at fixed heights and directions - but they don't require joint fiddling, and are close to the same style as the original street signs. I also include a project file for The GIMP and instructions for making the street names for the signs.

See the bottom entry on my objects page for pic, blurb, and download.
    Between Dreams and Shadows - missions, objects, textures and more
    Missions: Shadowed Mayfield · Xavier's Library

These links are no longer active. The program mentioned in the first link can still be found in the Dromed Toolkit
    Last edited by R Soul; 2nd Sep 2008 at 10:07.

Another update - finished off a new ornate streetlamp:

As ever, download link at the bottom of my objects page, direct link is http://t2.starforge.co.uk/objects/files/strlant3.zip
    Last edited by The Watcher; 24th Aug 2010 at 16:48.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast