TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SSR Contest FM - Fever

SSR Contest FM - Fever

Anyone else play this one yet? A lot of the things in it reminded me of horror movies, especially the little girl. I liked how you never really knew what to expect.

Very creative mission!

I beta tested this FM and it's very clever. I enjoyed playing it.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    I played half the fms, and actually this is my favourite !
    spoiler:
    I never expected the shadow behind the door when you try to get out of the wooden house HOLY S*** !!! And the burning zombies
    Definitely in my top 4

spoiler:
    I got killed by that ApeBeast, who was meant to be a walkby only! He saw me, came in and whacked me!

I was impressed with this. It took me ages to begin though, as i had no idea how to continue until i frobbed you-know-who.

I'm stuck in this mission.

spoiler:
    I've frobbed the girl and gone into the pool. then i've seen various zombies, went through the basement and checked out several rooms of the house.

Now what do I do? How do I proceed?

spoiler:
    Look behind the bed!

This is a very fun mission to play.
    spoiler:
    I loved the end where Alex kept her word.

spoiler:
    Its name is Wendy, The player is Alex... I was a little bit dissapointed by the "ending" in the garden, suppose I was expecting more after everything I'd seen allready.
    Love the atmosphere of the FM though.

Warning: Do not host this user's FMs - Digi
    WHAT TO DO????? I'm in the garden with that apebeast portal, and can't do anything..

MotleyCat
    spoiler:
    Kill them, kill them all. You can find a sword in the little shed where you flip the lever so you can enter the garden.

Emerald Wolf, you're right I meant
    spoiler:
    Wendy.

One question: Do you have to die in the end or is there a way to fight the ape beast and Wendy? The objecitves were checked in the end, but I got the death sign.
    Interesting, spooky FM, but I'm too bad at fighting to really enjoy it, unfortunately. Those apebeast made me really angry, I died and died and died - only to survive with one hitpoint left - and then died again, when I thought I had managed everything, sniff

spoiler:
    If you can manage to avoid the ape beasts at the end for a couple seconds the mission ends successfully

Thank you Random_Taffer! I will try that I was very afraid that this mission was supposed to have a bad end.

Edit: I'm sooo relieved, finally survived the end. Easy way(but try without first for a really good effect):I had to stand in the shadow under the stairs while frobbing the note. Thanks to the author for that mercy!
    Last edited by snowcap21; 19th Mar 2006 at 17:24.

If you can manage to avoid the ape beasts at the end for a couple seconds the mission ends successfully
    Tried this but just got killed by the two apebeasts with swords???

spoiler:
    I'm able to dodge them for a couple seconds before they can hit me and it ends fine..

Quote Originally Posted by DrK
    spoiler:
    I never expected the shadow behind the door when you try to get out of the wooden house
    spoiler:
    What shadow?

Ghost
    All right, I ran around like a crazy man for about two minutes, avoiding the apebeast, and nothing happened. Can somebody please explicitly tell us what we're supposed to do at that point?

I died several times, and I just got the skull and crossbones with no objectives checked off. Then I tried the running around jag as above. Nothing seems to do anything.

Once I killed the apebeast, and my reward was -- more apebeasts!

Suggestions, please?

I like the atmosphere of this, but the ending really ruins it for me. Yeah, fine, so Wendy kept her promise to kill me. What was I supposed to do -- just quit playing the game when she threatened?

Thanks,

Dafydd

Kill them, kill them all.

You have to kill the apebeasts in the garden, no way around that. Random_Taffers tip was (some sort of spoiler)for a situation later.

Ghost
    So when I kill the two, I get four, right? And if I kill them, then I presume I get eight.

I'm sure there are a lot of players out there with really well-developed swordfighting techniques in Thief, but I'm not one of them. I managed to kill the one, and I even killed one of the two... but I don't think I can kill the other one of the two. And I'm very skeptical that the two are the end; I'm sure there are more and more and more.

I suspect this is a mission I'm not able to beat. I'm not Conan.

Dafydd

Prepare an overhead attack and just as they come towards you, move forward and let loose. Then let loose with a side swipe (they should be stunned from the overhead attack)
    Back away, rinse, lather and repeat.

Works every time.

Either that or just try to stay behind them. While they're adjusting to turn around and get you, let 'em have it. That's what I do.

Hmmm I'm with Dafydd on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    So when I kill the two, I get four, right? And if I kill them, then I presume I get eight.
    spoiler:
    There are three apebeasts that you have to kill total in the level.

This mission was fairly easy for me to complete

(I'm actually a better fencer than a ghoster-the block button works nicely if timed correctly)

spoiler:
    I thought many people would actually think that this mission is too easy...

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    I'm sure there are a lot of players out there with really well-developed swordfighting techniques in Thief, but I'm not one of them.... I'm not Conan.
    Ah, that is what you get for ghosting all the time: a well developed mind and a scrawny body (relative to Arnold, that is). I am afraid that you have to get in there and tough it out. The method I used was
    spoiler:
    to keep backing up, all the time side swiping. When opportune, I make a forward lunge, then back up again before they stike back. It helps to make a slot save before the fights and quick saves on the move after every victory.